Thread Closed 
CH admits there will be little money to spend.
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

On Talksport.

Said it just wasnt NUFC, but everybody had less money to spend and the days of spending big were over for a while.

Also hinted that the team this season deserved a chance in the Premier League.

And so, the merry-go round begins.
15th April 2010 08:18 AM
Find all posts by this user
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter

So he's been told he's got no money at all to spend.

And Ashley taking a fucking big gamble again thinking this team will stay in the prem..

Ohhh i will laugh this time when we will go down again..
15th April 2010 08:20 AM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

I think only city are likely to say "we've got fuck loads of cash - you want to off load some over priced wank, we're your boys".

However retarded our boardroom might be, even they aren't as thick as Shepherd was to alert the national media as to how much money they have to spend every transfer window or to announce that they'll "pay whatever it takes".
15th April 2010 08:21 AM
davenufc Online

Reserve Team

this was sort of my point on my other thread about houghton being judged, if he is just going to go along with what ashley says and be a yes man, being a little pupet whos affraid to stand up to him then maybe he should go. he needs to have enough about him to tell ashley what we need to stay up, not just go along with it buying average players and hopping for the best
15th April 2010 08:22 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Thing is m8 Hughton can only go off what the owner says and if i were him id be a yes man because why fuck off when your getting a canny pay and the compo he will get if he gets sacked will be well worth him being a yes man.

Its a load of shite this all clubs will be spending less its convenient for Ashley thats for sure not to spend. But as figs says if he thinks this team is good enough to stay in the premier league he will be in for a fucking right shock.
15th April 2010 08:28 AM
davenufc Online

Reserve Team

just wonder what the point of taking the club off the market was, he obviously doesnt want to correct his mistakes by spending and getting us in a position where we are a premier league team again instead of relegation battlers...... and as for houghton, im saying maybe a higher standard of manager wouldnt accept ashleys shite and would demand much more, get it and in the long run be better for us as a club
15th April 2010 08:51 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

davenufc Wrote:as for houghton, im saying maybe a higher standard of manager wouldnt accept ashleys shite and would demand much more, get it and in the long run be better for us as a club

Or perhaps just walk out, or be completely ignored by Ashley ala KK & AS. They are two of the strongest characters around and neither forced Ashley's hand.

Its a case of wait and see, Ashley holds all the cards here not Hughton. If the fat emperor wont invest sufficiently then there is nothing any manager can do about it.

I think we will have enough invested. It wont be enough to appease the masses but it will be enough to add a few extra faces that are up to the job for the first team along with a slack handful of so called promising youngsters.
15th April 2010 08:59 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

We knew that the days of big spending were over though right?

You aren't going to come out and say, "Oh I've got £60million to spend" because we'll get raped by clubs trying sell us a player otherwise.
15th April 2010 09:18 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

davenufc Wrote:just wonder what the point of taking the club off the market was, he obviously doesnt want to correct his mistakes by spending and getting us in a position where we are a premier league team again instead of relegation battlers...... and as for houghton, im saying maybe a higher standard of manager wouldnt accept ashleys shite and would demand much more, get it and in the long run be better for us as a club

Keegan couldn't get the money out of Ashley, and I assume he's one of these "higher standard managers" that would demand more?

So Hughton should walk out because he isn't getting the cash? Difference is, Hughton will not have been lied to, as Keegan was. Hughton will have been expecting little cash all along. He knew the situation when he took the job on, and if he walks now, what on earth do we gain from it?!
15th April 2010 09:48 AM
davenufc Online

Reserve Team

i wasnt referring to keegan, he walked. i didnt like allardyce at all but no way would ashley try this kind of thing with him, he'd have told him to fuck off basically. its just a worry that houghton maybe thinking he can just go along with ashleys wishes and doesnt care if we go down or not, either he will still have a job with no pressure because its the owners fault or a big pay off with again, the owner to blame for not backing him financially
15th April 2010 10:11 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Thing is how many new owners of any club will be willing to invest heavily when you have clubs like City with unlimited amounts of cash to throw around. Remember there is only 3 trophies you can win in a season unless your already in the champions league then there are 5 with the champions league/world club championship being the other trophies on offer.
15th April 2010 10:17 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

davenufc Wrote:i wasnt referring to keegan, he walked. i didnt like allardyce at all but no way would ashley try this kind of thing with him, he'd have told him to fuck off basically. its just a worry that houghton maybe thinking he can just go along with ashleys wishes and doesnt care if we go down or not, either he will still have a job with no pressure because its the owners fault or a big pay off with again, the owner to blame for not backing him financially

I don't think it's fair to say that Hughton "doesn't care if we go down" - I think he will be confident of keeping us in the Premier League even with a tight budget.

And the point about Keegan was that he demanded money, but didn't get it. Hughton could demand money, but he'd not get it. And what's his other options, quitting? What's the point in him qutting?
15th April 2010 10:19 AM
davenufc Online

Reserve Team

we dont have to aim for champions league, i mean invest enough so we shouldnt be looking at a relegation battle, invest enough to make us top 10 ........ he has the bank account, just not the attitude needed
15th April 2010 10:20 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

davenufc Wrote:we dont have to aim for champions league, i mean invest enough so we shouldnt be looking at a relegation battle, invest enough to make us top 10 ........ he has the bank account, just not the attitude needed

No I didn't mean Champions League either, I meant Europa League, as long as Ashley stays, I can't see us ever getting anywhere near there.

I know what you're saying, and I agree, if Ashley invested we'd be better off, obviously, but I just can't see him changing.
15th April 2010 10:27 AM
Thread Closed