I've got a dumph feeling about Sat

Thread Closed 

Ryton Mag Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

I'm aprehensive and excited and I think we'll win or at least get a point. Just loved the way Shearer said 'we will have a go' as he looked into the camera. That kind of thing will be what the players want to hear.
3rd April 2009 09:25 AM
Find all posts by this user
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter

its easy to say it

But to get the players to do it is another question,
3rd April 2009 09:37 AM
Ryton Mag Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

I know, maybe I'm getting carried away. I've been as critical as anyone about the players, they are still shite. But I remember in 1982 Keegan arrived as a player and he lifted shite players to be able to perform above themselves for a few games. We only need 3 wins, if shearer can do that, and I think he will, then we'll be ok, starting tomorrow.
3rd April 2009 09:40 AM
DUMFRIESGEORDIE Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

heehee people are starting to see my way of thinking.
3rd April 2009 09:55 AM
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter

I'm feeling a bit dumfy too
3rd April 2009 09:55 AM
Reefatoon Offline

Youth Team

I am too.

I am dying for some haggis, and I really have an urge to put on a skirt.

Now where did I put my bottle of buckie??
3rd April 2009 10:09 AM
Stoner Offline

First Team Regular

I haven't been feeling Dumf.

But I'd like to........!
3rd April 2009 10:19 AM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

I had a big dumph this morning
3rd April 2009 10:24 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

I love Dumph's optimism.
3rd April 2009 10:43 AM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

The players are not shite. They have been playing without direction and confidence.

For some reason, the management this season have made playing football particulary hardwork.

All it needs is a bit of "tinkering" to get the most out of the team.
3rd April 2009 11:17 AM
Ryton Mag Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

The only player we have playing anywhere near to his full potential is Bassong. The rest of them are going through the motions and have been/are total shite and it's disgraceful considering the money they are on. Those lazy bastards owe us 8 huge performances starting tomorrow.
3rd April 2009 11:33 AM
mcshaniac09 Offline

Youth Team

Ryton Mag Wrote:The only player we have playing anywhere near to his full potential is Bassong. The rest of them are going through the motions and have been/are total shite and it's disgraceful considering the money they are on. Those lazy bastards owe us 8 huge performances starting tomorrow.

AMEN to that.

I do hope they get the New Manager syndrome and Play out of their skins.

Walking in a shearer wonderland.
3rd April 2009 11:37 AM
Ryton Mag Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

I think they will. Will it be good enough to beat Chelsea though ? Again I think it will, but we need 11 huge performances tomorrow to do it. 3 points and we could be out of the bottom 3 tomorrow night, just hang on to that thought lads.
3rd April 2009 11:47 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

2-0 to chelski
3rd April 2009 12:01 PM
Ryton Mag Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Mackem Big Grin
3rd April 2009 12:11 PM
joe harvey 69 Offline

Youth Team

Nah, it will be a draw at worst for me. In fact fuck it, we will win 2-1 with little mickey scoring both goals
C'mon me bonny bairns, lets get stuck in to the soft southern shytehawks.
3rd April 2009 12:14 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

Ryton Mag Wrote:Mackem Big Grin

I'm just not getting carried away, like last time. Big Grin
3rd April 2009 12:16 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

I love Dumph's optimism aswel but we are in the bottom 3 for a reason. please tell me how the players who have been utter wank for most of the season will raise their game enough to get any result against a team that are challenging for the title.

I honestly think there will be a lot of disappointed people on here come 5pm with all this Shearer stuff.

The bloke isn't a miracle worker he hasn't even got any managerial experience and i think other clubs fans are going to have a field day come 5pm on Saturday telling us we are deluded.
3rd April 2009 12:23 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

rotti Wrote:I love Dumph's optimism aswel but we are in the bottom 3 for a reason. please tell me how the players who have been utter wank for most of the season will raise their game enough to get any result against a team that are challenging for the title.

We did against Man United, and the first half against Arsenal...with Hughton in charge!!! Big Grin

rotti Wrote:I honestly think there will be a lot of disappointed people on here come 5pm with all this Shearer stuff.

The bloke isn't a miracle worker he hasn't even got any managerial experience and i think other clubs fans are going to have a field day come 5pm on Saturday telling us we are deluded.

I agree with that like, still expecting defeat.
3rd April 2009 12:25 PM
omenator2

Unregistered

been mulling it over now the excitment has died down and i think it will be a tightly contested 2-1 to chelsea

Iw will certainly be a much better toon performance but nothing strong enough to withstand chelsea for 90mins
3rd April 2009 12:25 PM
DUMFRIESGEORDIE Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Stoner Wrote:I haven't been feeling Dumf.

But I'd like to........!

haha anytime hun! lol
3rd April 2009 01:20 PM
Jackal Offline

Youth Team

Hate to be the realist/pessimist but I just can't see us not getting beat tomorrow.

Chelsea and ourselves are in our current league positions for good reason, they are better drilled and too good for us.

Defensive mistakes (Colo, Taylor, Enrique) are going to happen getting pulled around the pitch like we will and I just can't see us creating enough chances, we've not been capable all season to spot a pass or execute one to unlock the oppositions defence and I can't see us doing it to Chelsea.

If we just go hell for leather from the off and don't let them settle we might just be able to create something by capitalising on their errors. If we could keep that momentum up and get a second, then I think it would be enough to galvanize the side into not letting 2 go past us (1 definitely) and just harry the fuck out of them for the rest of the game, we might stand a chance, but it's a bit of a 'Hail Mary' tactic and if they score first, especially early on we'd be lucky to get the draw.

Can Shearer conjure that kind of commitment and enthusiasm out of a side in the bottom 3 who've played like girls all season? I know the crowd will be up for it, will it be enough?

Can we suddenly start providing quality service to our front men playing against one of the better teams in the league? I just can't see it Sad

Stranger things have happened though and an early goal for us and anything could happen!

Head says we get beat 0 - 2
Heart says we win 3 - 1, or 3 - 2.

- those 2 early goals I was talking about, Oba, then Owen and Anelka with a soft goal before the break and a third for us from Oba about 70-80mins when they start pushing up. Maybe a late one for them as we try to cling on!*

*not based on any actual 'feeling' and so safe to publish without destroying the possibility of it occurring. (;)Dumf)
3rd April 2009 01:22 PM
DUMFRIESGEORDIE Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

haha lol
3rd April 2009 01:41 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

i think it will be one of those backs to the walls 0-0 games
3rd April 2009 02:48 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

rotti Wrote:I love Dumph's optimism aswel but we are in the bottom 3 for a reason. please tell me how the players who have been utter wank for most of the season will raise their game enough to get any result against a team that are challenging for the title.

I honestly think there will be a lot of disappointed people on here come 5pm with all this Shearer stuff.

I seem to recall us drawing at Stamford Bridge when no one (including myself) gave us a chance. Same goes for our match at Old Trafford and our home victory against the media darlings Villa.

Fuck the cockney twats - we can beat them with Big Al Wink
3rd April 2009 04:54 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

DELUDED,.??.us..??..never!!, its only us being hopeful of a result, chelsk will still be the favourites to win, surely no-one would back us to win the game with shearer only having spent a couple of days with the players, fuckin hell give him a chance,..BUT, the chelsk players at the beginning of the week would be expecting a win but now there will be seeds of doubt, which is good,..the crowd will be fuckin JUMPING, which is also good,..the players will now feel 8ft tall, which is cosmic,..alls we need now is a bit of luck which has deserted us so far this season,..i predict a fuckin cracking game of football, who the fuck are Chelsea??? we are the MIGHTY TOON again,...Cool
3rd April 2009 05:10 PM
DUMFRIESGEORDIE Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Brassneck Wrote:DELUDED,.??.us..??..never!!, its only us being hopeful of a result, chelsk will still be the favourites to win, surely no-one would back us to win the game with shearer only having spent a couple of days with the players, fuckin hell give him a chance,..BUT, the chelsk players at the beginning of the week would be expecting a win but now there will be seeds of doubt, which is good,..the crowd will be fuckin JUMPING, which is also good,..the players will now feel 8ft tall, which is cosmic,..alls we need now is a bit of luck which has deserted us so far this season,..i predict a fuckin cracking game of football, who the fuck are Chelsea??? we are the MIGHTY TOON again,...Cool

lovely post that, lad.
3rd April 2009 05:13 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

DUMFRIESGEORDIE Wrote:lovely post that, lad.

i agree Smile
3rd April 2009 05:17 PM
DUMFRIESGEORDIE Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

haha lol.
3rd April 2009 05:21 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

if the word "deluded" meant "being more excited about a toon match than i have for months", then yes i am extremely deluded
3rd April 2009 05:29 PM

Thread Closed