Thread Closed 
Chris Hughton to be handed a £15m transfer kitty after budget talks with Newcastle.
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Chris Hughton to be handed a £15m transfer kitty after budget talks with Newcastle.

BIFFAPOTAMUS Wrote:Do you believe EVERY piece of fuckanory that Llambias utters? Ashley 'bankrolled' this season must be true cos Llambias said so? Stinks of speculation on your part. The FACTS are that the fans coming through the turnstiles in their thousands 'bankrolled' this season and have helped keep the current incompetent incumbents in place, waiting to make their big profit when the sale goes through. If the fans had not have turned up in their thousands then Ashley would have had no option but to have sold the club for way below his asking price, incurring a huge loss, rather than continue to 'bankroll' the club.Ashley and Llambias should get down on their knees and kiss the feet of every paying supporter at the next home game. And you should probably give them a hand.

Ashley has bankrolled us in the fact that he maintained a wage bill of around £40mil on fizzy pop revenues.

There is no denying at all that he could have peddled out all of the high earners, or alternatively refused to ensure everyone gets paid.

I am not defending the fat oaf, but to say he hasnt bankrolled us this season (and last no doubt) is just wrong.

Ashleys faults lie in his deception and the people he has brought in over the last couple of years, and I include KK in that. His idea of slashing the wage bill and starting again with a more reserved approach is exactly what NUFC needed.

Its just a crying shame he is a lying cunt and couldnt just be open from the start.
15th April 2010 12:16 PM
Find all posts by this user
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

davenufc Wrote:we hope

Off the top of my heed:

Luke Young
Habib Beye
Curtis Davies
Steve Sidwell
Jamie O'Hara
Alan Hutton
Seb Larsson
Kevin Prince Boetang
Amir Zaki
Jermaine Jenas
Andy Johnson
Morten Gamst Pederson
+ Any number of foreigners

All of the above will likely switch clubs, mainly within the PL. Am not saying I want anyone in particular but all would improve our squad and all would be reletiely cheap.
15th April 2010 12:21 PM
davenufc Offline

Reserve Team

id take zaki out, as i remember he was nothing but trouble at wigan, never getting back from international duty on time amonst other things. wouldnt want jenas back anyway, and the rest, dont think all will be moving and dont think we'd be in for them either
15th April 2010 12:24 PM
14andout Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

I would take Beye back. He is a good right back and can cover centre half as well.
15th April 2010 12:31 PM
14andout Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Kris Boyd and Morten Gamst Pederson are both out of contract and would be cracking signings.
15th April 2010 12:32 PM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular

Sal Wrote:Ashley has bankrolled us in the fact that he maintained a wage bill of around £40mil on fizzy pop revenues.

There is no denying at all that he could have peddled out all of the high earners, or alternatively refused to ensure everyone gets paid.

I am not defending the fat oaf, but to say he hasnt bankrolled us this season (and last no doubt) is just wrong.

Ashleys faults lie in his deception and the people he has brought in over the last couple of years, and I include KK in that. His idea of slashing the wage bill and starting again with a more reserved approach is exactly what NUFC needed.

Its just a crying shame he is a lying cunt and couldnt just be open from the start.

To be honest i don't believe he's had to put any money into the running of the club this season. them coming out with stories of Ashley putting more money into the running costs, are a total lie imo.

gate reciepts, money from Sky and the BBC, parachute payments, money from player sales. then you have the muppets snapping up merchandise, and buying pies and pints at half time, would very easily cover player wages and general running costs.
15th April 2010 12:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Quote:There is no denying at all that he could have peddled out all of the high earners

No he couldnt because if he did we wouldnt have gained promotion, he had to keep a nucleus of a team together.

BIFFAPOTAMUS is correct in this

Quote:the fans coming through the turnstiles in their thousands 'bankrolled' this season and have helped keep the current incompetent incumbents in place

He would have had to sell up much cheaper if the gates were as low as the smoggies are getting. As BIFFAPOTAMUS rightly says in my opinion Ashley and Llambias should get down on their knees and kiss the feet of every paying supporter at the next home game
15th April 2010 12:51 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

davenufc Wrote:id take zaki out, as i remember he was nothing but trouble at wigan, never getting back from international duty on time amonst other things. wouldnt want jenas back anyway, and the rest, dont think all will be moving and dont think we'd be in for them either

Like I said, I aint singling out anyone, just listing a batch of players that will no doubt be available, make us better, and are cheap.

There are hoards of them and the thought that we can only stay up by spending Abramovic style coin is just wrong.

Look in the right places and we will find the right players.

Wigans recent run of signings players like Palacioos, Valencia & Rodellega is testement to that - Do they really have an intricate global scouting network???????????

Why wouldnt we be in for people like Larsson , who is out of contract?? Or Luke Young who doesnt get a game at Villa etc etc
15th April 2010 12:52 PM
14andout Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Could be bullshit but I seem to recall reading he had put 25 million into the club this year and would have fallen apart without that investment.
15th April 2010 12:53 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

Silent Bob Wrote:To be honest i don't believe he's had to put any money into the running of the club this season. them coming out with stories of Ashley putting more money into the running costs, are a total lie imo.

gate reciepts, money from Sky and the BBC, parachute payments, money from player sales. then you have the muppets snapping up merchandise, and buying pies and pints at half time, would very easily cover player wages and general running costs.

I disagree mate, we wont be able to say for sure until accounts are published but I dont see how we could possibly have made a profit playing in the fizzy pop with the wage bill we have.

His motives for bankrolling us are obviously all to safeguard his own interests, but nonetheless he has bankrolled us.
15th April 2010 12:56 PM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular

14andout Wrote:Could be bullshit but I seem to recall reading he had put 25 million into the club this year and would have fallen apart without that investment.

Aye they seemed pretty desperate to get that out into the open. aimed at hoodwinking the fans who we're already wavering.
15th April 2010 12:56 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

He could stick £50m in and he'd still be the cunt that got us relegated fuck him and his cocksucker m8 Lambias.
15th April 2010 12:57 PM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular

Sal Wrote:I disagree mate, we wont be able to say for sure until accounts are published but I dont see how we could possibly have made a profit playing in the fizzy pop with the wage bill we have.

His motives for bankrolling us are obviously all to safeguard his own interests, but nonetheless he has bankrolled us.

£40mill wage bill.

do the maths mate.. its obvious the fans have bankrolled us.
15th April 2010 01:00 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

Silent Bob Wrote:£40mill wage bill.

Its a culmination of the two.

If he didnt subsidise the losses we would go bust. He hasnt let that happen for his own reasons, that doesnt change that he hasnt let it happen.
15th April 2010 01:03 PM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter

also people say there isn't money in the world but how come there are 3 intrested partys wanting to buy liverpool.

A team thats not in the champions league and prob get turned over next round,,
15th April 2010 01:08 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

Lucian Wrote:also people say there isn't money in the world but how come there are 3 intrested partys wanting to buy liverpool.

A team thats not in the champions league and prob get turned over next round,,

That really pisses me off.

Obviously the answer is that its because 'its Liverpool'.

Fucking hell man, it would take 5 minutes research to see that NUFC is a far bigger, better and more rewarding project than Liverpool would be.
15th April 2010 01:14 PM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Silent Bob Wrote:£40mill wage bill.

estimated 1,000,000 through the doors this season. Season tickets £21 per game. On the turnstile price I'm guessing average around £40 over the course of the season.

Ignoring any discounted tickets, that works out to about £25m, or £15m shy of our wage bill.

Based on the numbers bandied around from our last published accounts, our non-wage based overheads would pretty much cancel out the TV money and premier parachute payments.

I'd calculate, very roughly and with little basis in fact, that we needed to generate about £20m from the sale of Geremi and club shop crap to avoid Ashley putting any extra money from his own pocket in.
15th April 2010 01:18 PM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter

and he sold over 85mil worth of players as well

Half in his pocket other for the wage bill,,
15th April 2010 01:27 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

If we're on about raiding the larders of 'bigger' clubs for bargains or season long loans, why not aim high and get an Easyjet over to Barcelona? They could comfortably field 2 full teams in any competition, must be some of their fringe players that we could give a game to???
15th April 2010 01:28 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

Lucian Wrote:and he sold over 85mil worth of players as well

Half in his pocket other for the wage bill,,

Again, its easy to say 'in his pocket' but what it really means is he is reducing the debt to himself.

Would any other man not do the same?? Especially given how sour it has all turned out???
15th April 2010 01:30 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

BIFFAPOTAMUS Wrote:Do you believe EVERY piece of fuckanory that Llambias utters? Ashley 'bankrolled' this season must be true cos Llambias said so? Stinks of speculation on your part. The FACTS are that the fans coming through the turnstiles in their thousands 'bankrolled' this season and have helped keep the current incompetent incumbents in place, waiting to make their big profit when the sale goes through. If the fans had not have turned up in their thousands then Ashley would have had no option but to have sold the club for way below his asking price, incurring a huge loss, rather than continue to 'bankroll' the club.Ashley and Llambias should get down on their knees and kiss the feet of every paying supporter at the next home game. And you should probably give them a hand.

No, but on the same token some (like yourself) are very quick to immediately declare anything that comes out of the club as bollocks or lies, when it isn't. Like it or not, Ashley has bankrolled us this season when he could easily have asset stripped and left us with Wesley Ngo Baheng and Darren Lough being in the starting XI. He didn't, and as a result we have walked the league.

This isn't necessaraly a celebratory pint with Ashley type of speech, but credit is due where it's due.
15th April 2010 01:53 PM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular

Workshy Fop Wrote:estimated 1,000,000 through the doors this season. Season tickets £21 per game. On the turnstile price I'm guessing average around £40 over the course of the season.

Ignoring any discounted tickets, that works out to about £25m, or £15m shy of our wage bill.

Based on the numbers bandied around from our last published accounts, our non-wage based overheads would pretty much cancel out the TV money and premier parachute payments.

I'd calculate, very roughly and with little basis in fact, that we needed to generate about £20m from the sale of Geremi and club shop crap to avoid Ashley putting any extra money from his own pocket in.

Then add the money from the sales of Martins, Duff, Geremi, Bassong. and then payments that were due for the sale of Given and Milner.

So the stories of Ashley having had to keep injecting more cash into the club this season, are total bollocks.
15th April 2010 01:59 PM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular

The Steve Wrote:No, but on the same token some (like yourself) are very quick to immediately declare anything that comes out of the club as bollocks or lies, when it isn't. Like it or not, Ashley has bankrolled us this season when he could easily have asset stripped and left us with Wesley Ngo Baheng and Darren Lough being in the starting XI. He didn't, and as a result we have walked the league.

This isn't necessaraly a celebratory pint with Ashley type of speech, but credit is due where it's due.

When exactly have the club told the truth?

hell they even lie about the attendances.
15th April 2010 02:01 PM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Silent Bob Wrote:Then add the money from the sales of Martins, Duff, Geremi, Bassong. and then payments that were due for the sale of Given and Milner.

So the stories of Ashley having had to keep injecting more cash into the club this season, are total bollocks.

Sounds about right - unless my maths is complete fabrication. Or the four players we've bought cost a hell of a lot more than they should have done.
15th April 2010 02:02 PM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular

Workshy Fop Wrote:Sounds about right - unless my maths is complete fabrication. Or the four players we've bought cost a hell of a lot more than they should have done.

I trust your maths, more than i trust my own.

Its obvious they've never had to inject the money they've said they have. i'm sure they said £15mill last year, and then another £25mill in January.

and some fans fall for it.
15th April 2010 02:08 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

Silent Bob Wrote:I trust your maths, more than i trust my own.

Its obvious they've never had to inject the money they've said they have. i'm sure they said £15mill last year, and then another £25mill in January.

and some fans fall for it.

I reckon its true.

Maybe not to the extent that they are broadcasting, but I do think Ashley has had to free up money to keep the club ticking over.

We will know when the accounts are filed.
15th April 2010 02:11 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

Just had a check online, they havent even filed accounts for the year ended 30 June 2009 yet.
15th April 2010 02:14 PM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular

Sal Wrote:Just had a check online, they havent even filed accounts for the year ended 30 June 2009 yet.

I wonder why... hehe
15th April 2010 02:16 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

They don't have to...they're a private company now so the need for publishing accounts is not there. Legally anyway.
15th April 2010 02:17 PM
toonarmy10 Offline

Reserve Team

dont beleive owt i read in the papers ...but swindon did say here in the local paper newcastle had made an enquiry about austin ....so there is a little truth in the article
15th April 2010 02:17 PM
Thread Closed