Thread Closed 
Right who will be the 1st person to say it next season
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

No offence like viana m8 but you have been proven totally wrong with Lovenkrands this season. Yes next season he might be fucking wank but this season he has been pretty much our best player.

One player that has gotten away with it is Smith for fuck sake we paid £6m for him and he hasnt scored a frigging goal in all his time here now that is what i call a waste of money.
15th April 2010 08:34 AM
Find all posts by this user
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

McCreery Wrote:hehehe

Agree entirely.
15th April 2010 08:44 AM
viana45 Offline

Banned

I held my hand up with lovenkrands. He can bang them in this league we'll see abt next season.

Just like Carroll who some reckoned couldn't hit a barn door. Hopefully leon best will bang in the goals for us next year tho eh......
15th April 2010 08:51 AM
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter

I dont recall pete doing that bad in the prem
15th April 2010 09:09 AM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter

played 12 games in the prem and scored 3 goals one was against manusa..
15th April 2010 09:14 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

I dont know what the problem with changing an opinion is.

Sometimes it seems certain folk try to climb a high horse for being 'proven right' or not.

Its football, peoples opinions change all the time depending on circumstance. Its not fickle, its just how it is.
15th April 2010 09:23 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

viana45 Wrote:Viana already doesn't want him here
he isn't good enough for nufc
simple as
only two men for the job shearer or keegan

What a load of shite.

I didn't even bother reading or quoting the rest of your post, because this says it all. Absolute knobhead man. 2 men for the job? You crazy foo'.
15th April 2010 09:41 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

Sal Wrote:I dont know what the problem with changing an opinion is.

Sometimes it seems certain folk try to climb a high horse for being 'proven right' or not.

Its football, peoples opinions change all the time depending on circumstance. Its not fickle, its just how it is.

Exactly.

I used to like Michael Jackson. Then he touched kids. Opinions have to change sometimes.
15th April 2010 09:42 AM
viana45 Offline

Banned

So sal if I were to change my opinion of hughton after 1 game next season it would be alrite?

And no one would comment on it?
15th April 2010 09:47 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

It would be if you admitted you were wrong about him m8. I think Smith has been a fucking total waste of money here but if he scores 10 goals or more next season id admit i was wrong about him but i wont be because he's a fucking load of shite.
15th April 2010 10:23 AM
viana45 Offline

Banned

I can't understand the fuss about someone not rating hughton.
Furry calls Nolan fuxking rubbish and he was named championship player of thr year. Now there's reason to be fucking fussy.
Hughton isn't the man for Newcastle long term.
15th April 2010 10:37 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

viana45 Wrote:Hughton isn't the man for Newcastle long term.

First of all, that remains to be seen.

Secondly, wanting him to stay next season, is not "long term."

Thirdly, it's not just the fact you say Hughton isn't good enough, despite him earning his chance, it's the fact you say only two men are good enough for the job. Especially when you say one of those two is the even less experienced Alan Shearer.
15th April 2010 10:41 AM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

The fuss is about what you're basing your opinion on. His spells as caretaker manager of us? His spells as caretaker manager of Spurs? Both situations in which he inherited dispirited, disinterested teams and angry vociferous fans. Yet he still managed a 50% win ratio as caretaker of spurs in the premier league, and only 2 defeats in 12 games as caretaker of our shower of shite last season.

If you dismiss lower league results as irrelevant, but someone's spell as caretaker manager as indicative, I expect you'd like John Carver - yes he was shit managing Toronto, but he had a 100% record as caretaker of us in the premier league.
15th April 2010 10:44 AM
viana45 Offline

Banned

Ok if hughton had such a decent record in the PL and is such a gold manager why not hire him whenever keegan left the second time?
Or keep him on after joe kinnear last season.
If his record was so good in the PL how come no one on here was calling for him to get the job? Come on lads, why not? After all he has a good win ratio for a dispirited team in the PL how come you's weren't cryin out for him to be given the job?
15th April 2010 10:53 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

Nolan hasnt even been our best player let alone the best in the league. That award is clearly voted for based on statistics. Nolan has scored an amazing amount of goals, we would be nowhere without them. But frankly I think he is shyte and will be chasing shadows next season.

No one is saying Hughton is golden, folks are saying wait and see before you brand him not good enough. There is nothing so far to suggest that he is shyte, whereas a record breaking season in the fizzy pop suggests he is worth a pop.

If Shearer had the season Hughton has had (even a lesser season), there would have been masses of cardiac arrests in the city and the Tyne would be awash with spunk given the great one had returned to steer us to glory - Regardless of the fact that his record was shyte at the end of last season.
15th April 2010 11:02 AM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Because he was a coach, not a manager. I, for one, saw him as a symptom of the cock-er-ney disease infecting our club, and didn't think he was up to it. He proved me wrong.

He's done an excellent job, and now looks like a promising manager, rather than a floundering coach.

I wasn't crying out for Keegan back in '92. To be honest, I wasn't sure it was a good appointment, and thought we could have done a lot better, despite our lowly position at the time. He also proved me wrong, and began to look like a promising manager, rather than a floundering coach. He fulfilled that promise, in my eyes.

I'm willing to give Hughton the same chance.
15th April 2010 11:06 AM
viana45 Offline

Banned

All I'm saying is I don't think hughton is good enough
and he isn't for the long term
and in my opinion is typical of ashleys shorttermist approach to nufc
15th April 2010 11:51 AM
viana45 Offline

Banned

Also it wasn't that long ago I defended hughton on here when plenty laid into him.
I always said he want my choice but he had us top of the league so no one could complain.

Plenty on here with short memories, after 1 or 2 bad games.
15th April 2010 11:53 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

I dont think Hughton is good enough m8 but he has earned the right to give it a go next season.
15th April 2010 12:58 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

viana45 Wrote:Also it wasn't that long ago I defended hughton on here when plenty laid into him.

Yes and you'll find that most people defended him aswell. Rolleyes
15th April 2010 05:03 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

viana45 Wrote:All I'm saying is I don't think hughton is good enough
and he isn't for the long term
and in my opinion is typical of ashleys shorttermist approach to nufc

I just don't understand how you can completely dismiss Hughton as "not good enough" yet say Shearer is one of only "2 men" that are right for the job.

Doesn't make sense to me.

Be honest Viana, if Shearer had done what Hughton had done, you'd be labelling him the next Keegan, wouldn't you?
(This post was last modified: 15th April 2010 05:22 PM by richyNUFC.)
15th April 2010 05:05 PM
McCreery Offline

First Team Regular

*nods*
15th April 2010 05:55 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned

I'm not sure richy I see your point and I know what u are getting at, but hughton isn't shearer. Shearer has earnt thr respect of 99.9999% of Newcastle fans. Hughton leaves some with respect an others don't, it's a different animal completely (no pun intnded Steve)

what I'm saying is for nufc to progress we need a manager in here fir long term. Hughton isn't long term. He's short term n a shirt term attitude that he deserves a chance is wrong. We need someone with great respect among fans who will be given time and obviously the attributes to be a great manager ie keergan or shearer.

Can anyone honestly see hughton here in 3 years time?
15th April 2010 06:02 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

viana45 Wrote:I'm not sure richy I see your point and I know what u are getting at, but hughton isn't shearer. Shearer has earnt thr respect of 99.9999% of Newcastle fans. Hughton leaves some with respect an others don't, it's a different animal completely (no pun intnded Steve)

what I'm saying is for nufc to progress we need a manager in here fir long term. Hughton isn't long term. He's short term n a shirt term attitude that he deserves a chance is wrong. We need someone with great respect among fans who will be given time and obviously the attributed to be a great manager ie keergan or shearer.

Can anyone honestly see hughton here in 3 years time?

Shearer earned his respect on the pitch though, management is totally different. I think he'd make a good manager, and I don't believe those 8 games are enough to judge him on, but he is unproven and it would be a massive risk to get rid of Hughton and bring in Shearer. The time to bring in Shearer, was the start of this season. That's gone now, he has to prove he's upto it elsewhere, in my opinion.

As for Hughton, you're right, he might not be given time. There's already some saying he should leave. Wink

But seriously, that will harm him, as he might not be given the chance he deserves if things don't go too well at the start.

You say he's not "long term"- but right now, we need to think of next season and survival, and that is "short term" - I think Hughton can keep us up. Depending how well he does that, if at all, then we'll get a better judgement of him, and then I'll be able to tell you if I think he'll be here in 3 years time.
15th April 2010 06:07 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned

Ashleys short term approach got us here.
We need a long term plan. The last long term plans we had were keegan and sbr.
Hughton may well keep us up I wouldn't bet against it
but for me that ain't success
15th April 2010 06:11 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

viana45 Wrote:Ashleys short term approach got us here.
We need a long term plan. The last long term plans we had were keegan and sbr.
Hughton may well keep us up I wouldn't bet against it
but for me that ain't success

When I say it's a success, of course I don't mean that it will be one of the greatest moments of our history or anything...I just mean it's crucial. It's the most important thing about next season, so I'll be happy with it. Maybe success is the wrong word to use, but I'd be happy with 4th bottom next season.

I agree, that Ashley is no good for the club. But that doesn't have anything to do with Hughton.
15th April 2010 06:19 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Shearer had 8 games to save us and he failed that doesnt make him a bad manager but it doesnt make him a good manager either. It also didnt help him bringing in that fucking jinx Dowie.

Quote:I'd be happy with 4th bottom next season

And i reckon 95% of fans would agree m8.
15th April 2010 07:29 PM
Thread Closed