What are we not being told?

Thread Closed 

LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

Is the fat one actually making any attempts to sell us?

Ignoring Liverpool I read today someone is about to bid £300 million for..... Wait for it..... Blackburn fucking Rovers.

I'm confused why the fuck would anyone by a club who couldn't even fill their ground regularly when winning the league. Talk about setting fire to your money!

Grrrrrrr
4th August 2010 08:39 AM
Find all posts by this user
Figs Offline

Fan Favourite
RE: What are we not being told?

There prob is people out there who want to buy us but i think its all down to Ashley wanting too much money..
4th August 2010 08:43 AM
Geordie_leg Offline

First Team Regular

No one wants to bur Blackburn for 300 mil, its actually alot less. That bar stool wants to invest 30 mil in the club, like for improved facilities and transfers and what not

300 mil for transfers...
4th August 2010 09:03 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Maybe Ashley thinks doing it this way he will get his money back. Why else would he not sell if he was being offered money. He obviously is making enough money to keep his investment safe.
4th August 2010 09:45 AM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

Nobody wants to buy us.

Why would anybody want to buy a club that has a history of hating it's owners and chairman.

Anybody wanting to buy a football club is only interested in making money.

We have made it plain and simple what we think of those people.
4th August 2010 09:52 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

I heard that Blackburn story on the radio and was equally confused.
4th August 2010 09:53 AM
BIFFAPOTAMUS Offline

Youth Team

I think it's a little more sinister than 'nobody wants to buy us'. I think that no self-respecting person wants to do business with the likes of Ashley and Llambias - their reputations stink and people do not want anything to do with these sleazy, lying slimeballs.
4th August 2010 10:01 AM
Ryton Mag Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Ashley doesn't want to sell for a reasonable price, if he's going to sell it will be for a lot of money. In the meantime the club is paying him back those interest free loans.
4th August 2010 10:03 AM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

(4th August 2010 10:01 AM)BIFFAPOTAMUS Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I think it's a little more sinister than 'nobody wants to buy us'. I think that no self-respecting person wants to do business with the likes of Ashley and Llambias - their reputations stink and people do not want anything to do with these sleazy, lying slimeballs.

That sounds about right....you just know that those 2 odious Bastards would just keep moving the goalposts.
4th August 2010 10:04 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

Blackburn? For Pete's sake man.

That said, the risk of us going bust under Ashley is next to zero. It won't happen. Pompey had about 74 owners last year and look what happened to them. Being bought out doesn't necessaraly mean all roses. As we know.
4th August 2010 10:36 AM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

Ashley is a business man. All other talk is irrelevant. He will either keep us until he has made his money back or sell us to a buyer who will provide him with a profit.

All this talk of conspiracies and our fans alleged attitude to owners is to my mind a little far fetched. Nearly all fans of all clubs moan at their owners. If this alone put off buyers why are they queueing up to buy Liverpool?
4th August 2010 08:22 PM
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter

Pompey could fold tomorrow
4th August 2010 08:38 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

That would crease me up.
4th August 2010 08:40 PM
Figs Offline

Fan Favourite

we could get some players tonight if there going to fold the morn..

that defender wilson canny like.,.
4th August 2010 08:44 PM
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter

Me too, its a bit underhanded, if you or I didn't pay taxes we'd be imprisoned, how do football clubs get away with it?
(This post was last modified: 4th August 2010 09:44 PM by The Lewis.)
4th August 2010 08:46 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(4th August 2010 08:46 PM)The Lewis Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Me too, its a bit underfunded, if you or I didn't pay taxes we'd be imprisoned, how do football clubs get away with it?

The Prem essentially write their own rules, and their rules state that only footballing related debts to football institutions will be paid in full, and first. Everybody else can whistle, this is what the tax people are challenging.
4th August 2010 08:50 PM
hpoolmag Offline

Youth Team

Ashley has found out he cant sell the club (did he ever want to ? Barry Moat FFS) he will not harm harm his investment, he is a business man and he is not daft. He is a fat fucking cockney cunt who does not have a clue about football and should never have gotten involved, but he is no mug he knows business and i doubt he bought a football club to make money its impossible isnt it.
5th August 2010 10:06 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

(5th August 2010 10:06 PM)hpoolmag Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Ashley has found out he cant sell the club (did he ever want to ? Barry Moat FFS) he will not harm harm his investment, he is a business man and he is not daft. He is a fat fucking cockney cunt who does not have a clue about football and should never have gotten involved, but he is no mug he knows business and i doubt he bought a football club to make money its impossible isnt it.

There are a few PL clubs that do report a profit though mate, am positive Wigan & Spurs are among them, or were among them, there is no way Spurs still can be the way they have been throwing coin around over the last couple of years.

A settled wage bill, and sustained PL status for a club the size of ours would no doubt be a nice little earner. Its the restlessness of the fans that would rock the boat, and rightly so, if we just have to linger around year after year to line the pockets of whichever bastard happens to have the keys.
5th August 2010 10:10 PM
hpoolmag Offline

Youth Team

I cant understand why the fat cunt has not made the club a plc surely with investors he would not be paying all the money out and getting his money in ??
5th August 2010 10:32 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

He wants to control the club entirely and answer to no one (mind that didnt stop Shepherd).

Also there are far more stringent reporting rules for PLC's, making everything, well, more public.
6th August 2010 08:38 AM

Thread Closed