First Team Regular
Looking ahead

what can ya do
11th April 2010 10:48 PM
Find all posts by this user
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Looking ahead

Exactly. It'll be a struggle and bad to watch, that's why I say the main thing is survival. We can't go down again.
11th April 2010 10:49 PM
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter
Looking ahead

ToonArmy1892 Wrote:isn't this a bit of a pointless discussion

Most of viana's discussions are pointless Big Grin
12th April 2010 06:34 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Looking ahead

Anything ahead of the bottom 3 will be a marvellous success for me.
12th April 2010 08:11 AM
toonarmy10 Offline

Reserve Team
Looking ahead

well i am waiting for the price to go up and having a bet we go staright back down (hope i lose ) but wor squad is not good enough for the prem no matter who is in charge ...and agree with rotti ^^^^
12th April 2010 08:15 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Looking ahead

Well m8 when you find the best odds let me know so i can have a few quid on it even though id be delighted to lose my bet.
12th April 2010 08:16 AM
McCreery Offline

First Team Regular
Looking ahead

fuckin hell lads....how can you say next seasons squad isn't good enough when we haven't even finished this season?
12th April 2010 08:23 AM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Looking ahead

The manager isn't good enough for the PL
12th April 2010 08:28 AM
toonarmy10 Offline

Reserve Team
Looking ahead

cos 15mill ashley has said is available isnt enough to strengthen that sqaud for the prem ....leon best shite shola shite butt finished nolan showed last season he not up to it .......on my reckoning and i will get slated but its all about opinions be boring if it wasnt enrique the only player we have that would intrest any big team in the prem

we all know ashley will srimp and scrape all summer got my pray mat out for a bew owner
12th April 2010 08:28 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
Looking ahead

viana45 Wrote:The manager isn't good enough for the PL

On what basis?

Was Keegan good enough for the PL when he got us promoted...even without the experience or whatever?
12th April 2010 08:37 AM
toonarmy10 Offline

Reserve Team
Looking ahead

keegan had the eye for a player and hughton doesnt leon best for fuck sake yeah he will score in the prem cant even hit the target in the fizzy pop

steve i think you really need to web up what keegan did for this club
12th April 2010 08:43 AM
McCreery Offline

First Team Regular
Looking ahead

so Williamson, Routledge, Hall, & Lovenkrands etc don't count......you're judging him purely on Leon Best ??
12th April 2010 08:45 AM
JTH Offline

First Team Starter
Looking ahead

houghton I would say give him a season based on where we are now i dont thik we would have been in the same position with Mr Shearer thats for certain... all this bollox about him ( houghton) not being prem material dear god have you seen our squad prem material I think not but lets just stay well clear of over paid divas has beens and glamour managers
12th April 2010 08:48 AM
DUMFRIESGEORDIE Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Looking ahead

toonarmy10 Wrote:cos 15mill ashley has said is available isnt enough to strengthen that sqaud for the prem ....leon best shite shola shite butt finished nolan showed last season he not up to it .......on my reckoning and i will get slated but its all about opinions be boring if it wasnt enrique the only player we have that would intrest any big team in the prem

we all know ashley will srimp and scrape all summer got my pray mat out for a bew owner

Whos said ashley said that? tabloids? you believe them??? for fuck sake we are on the verge of our best season in ages and we are all ready starting to believe the papers! signing saviola are we?? papers say we are so we must be! fucking hate the papers!
12th April 2010 08:53 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Looking ahead

toonarmy10 Wrote:keegan had the eye for a player and hughton doesnt leon best for fuck sake yeah he will score in the prem cant even hit the target in the fizzy pop

What about his other signings, that have actually been good. Or do we just ignore them? Rolleyes

As for the squad not being good enough, what makes teams like Wolves and Stoke better than us? On paper they have poor squads. We had a class squad when we went down. You can't just look at the team and say it isn't good enough, because that completely underestimates the difference a good team spirit and determination can have on a season.

Fulham in the semi finals of Europe, with that squad? Birmingham in the top half?

There's no reason at all why we can't stay up.
12th April 2010 08:55 AM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Looking ahead

ello m8 i see you made it back you enjoy the game.?
DUMFRIESGEORDIE Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Looking ahead

richyNUFC Wrote:What about his other signings, that have actually been good. Or do we just ignore them? Rolleyes

As for the squad not being good enough, what makes teams like Wolves and Stoke better than us?

Exactly.
JTH Offline

First Team Starter
Looking ahead

dumf best season in this division dear christ shakes heed uncontrollably
12th April 2010 08:56 AM
DUMFRIESGEORDIE Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Looking ahead

Lucian Wrote:ello m8 i see you made it back you enjoy the game.?

sorry pal i was guttered sat forgot to text you back, had a fucking great day the sun was shining the toon won and i won £130 on £5 4-1 newcastle 25/1 my other two pals had the national winner as well and we dropped £60 in the roulette machine! all in all willie hills paid us out £685!!! great great day!
12th April 2010 09:00 AM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Looking ahead

which willie hills was it the one next to west gate road.? or Big Market.?
12th April 2010 09:02 AM
DUMFRIESGEORDIE Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Looking ahead

JTH Wrote:dumf best season in this division dear christ shakes heed uncontrollably

But thats where we are??? why do people think we should be somewhere we aint! yes i would like to be a top 4/6 team but jimmy pal we are a million miles away from that and i willl not lie i have enjoyed my football this year, if people want to support a top 4 team every year then follow someone else, yes we may get there one day again but i will enjoy this ride until it happens, i support my team wherever they play simple as that!
12th April 2010 09:03 AM
DUMFRIESGEORDIE Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Looking ahead

Lucian Wrote:which willie hills was it the one next to west gate road.? or Big Market.?

down near the station pal up a side street the one you head up the back way to the gate.
12th April 2010 09:05 AM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Looking ahead

Aye its the west gate road one.. canny in there like..
12th April 2010 09:06 AM
DUMFRIESGEORDIE Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Looking ahead

There was a cracking blonde in there mate, well fit!
12th April 2010 09:08 AM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Looking ahead

Wink i know thats why i go in there When im up there on the lash..Tongue
12th April 2010 09:09 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
Looking ahead

Dumf...was that you sitting in the Leazes End...row S in middle tier?

There was a Scottish bloke cheering when on his mobile when Blackpool scored the fourth. He was sitting just behind me...and was hammered! Big Grin
12th April 2010 09:13 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
Looking ahead

toonarmy10 Wrote:keegan had the eye for a player and hughton doesnt leon best for fuck sake yeah he will score in the prem cant even hit the target in the fizzy pop

Nikki Papavasolou.
12th April 2010 09:14 AM
JTH Offline

First Team Starter
Looking ahead

dunf ya clutz you missed my point and if you had read earlier thread you would have understood it a little more clearly , I have enjoyed newcastle this season as I have done every season since 1964 and yes like you would support them through thick and thin no atter , however comma pause for effect its hardly been our best season or have you only been supporting newcastle in recent years !!!
12th April 2010 09:14 AM
DUMFRIESGEORDIE Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Looking ahead

JTH Wrote:dunf ya clutz you missed my point and if you had read earlier thread you would have understood it a little more clearly , I have enjoyed newcastle this season as I have done every season since 1964 and yes like you would support them through thick and thin no atter , however comma pause for effect its hardly been our best season or have you only been supporting newcastle in recent years !!!

33 mate supported them since i popped out me mam, i said last few years as in 2 or 3 mate last good one was the 7th place with roeder. Dont twist my words pal and i apologise if i missed your point didnt see your earlier post mate.

p.s never been called a clutz for years!! haha
12th April 2010 09:24 AM
Venegoor Offline

Captain
Looking ahead

There's a lot of conjecture on here about what will happen, Hughton will be sacked after 7 games, 1 game, Laws will arrive etc etc, the fact is, nobody knows. I have my doubts that Hughton will be given a bucketload of cash to spend, but we'll see. Ashley always does the unexpected. Whilst he deserves a chance, I just keep thinking Roeder and before him Dinnis, is he a 1 season wonder? Good luck to him, because if he thought there was pressure to get us back, it's multiplied many times to keep us up. Another relegation next season, and there's no conjecture, it will be a financial disaster.
12th April 2010 10:03 AM
Thread Closed