Thread Closed 
This is what were up against next season
viana45 Offline

Banned

But ven it hasn't been proved that's tr important part.

I could sue shearer for breach of co tract saying he wanted to leave Newcastle in 1997. Doesn't make it true does it. Just makes it a ridiculous alligation.

Like the above link.
11th April 2010 03:55 PM
Find all posts by this user
Venegoor Offline

Captain

viana45 Wrote:But ven it hasn't been proved that's tr important part.

I could sue shearer for breach of co tract saying he wanted to leave Newcastle in 1997. Doesn't make it true does it. Just makes it a ridiculous alligation.

Like the above link.

I know it hasn't been proved or disproved, and i'm not sure if the case is still ongoing, but it could be cleared up in an instant by Given himself saying it was bollox.
11th April 2010 04:00 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned

thats impossible ven

just like the legal issue with KK and ashley

no one can comment until the tribunal make a decision
11th April 2010 04:37 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

viana45 Wrote:thats impossible ven

just like the legal issue with KK and ashley

no one can comment until the tribunal make a decision

Fair enoughski, we'll see what comes out. Still not impressed with the way he conducted himself mind, whether he initiated moves earlier or not. Just put the request in and go iof that's what's wanted. No need to drip feed your displeasure and intentions. Hey ho, we'll see what reception he gets next season.
11th April 2010 05:48 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned

backtracking eh!

only messing, time will tell, as much as a admire him as a keeper, id love andy carroll to bag 4 past him next season.

heres to that good sir.
11th April 2010 05:57 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

viana45 Wrote:backtracking eh!

only messing, time will tell, as much as a admire him as a keeper, id love andy carroll to bag 4 past him next season.

heres to that good sir.

"I'd love it, i'd really love it.............etc etc Big Grin

Personally I think Carroll may have more on his mind by that time, like remembering not to wear his girly headband in the prison showers Smile
11th April 2010 06:00 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned

Big Grin
11th April 2010 06:01 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

Viana, of course it's a blow to lose our best players.

But not all of them gave 100% for 100% of the season and we were relegated, in my opinion, as a result of that.

Had they played their best football all season, we should have at least been pushing towards the top half, if the not a Uefa cup spot. We had quality in that team, but for obvious reasons, too many wanted to leave, and there's no way we'd have gone down if that was not the case.

Next season, with a team of players willing to play here, I'm confident we'll see the best they can offer and that should be enough to keep us up. Of course, the lack of those "star players" will mean we aren't pushing for europe next season, but it also means we'll have a team who are all pulling in the right direction.
11th April 2010 07:52 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned

but richy we had top players, but u need a top manager, no let me get it right we needed a manager. we had keegan for 3 games, then we had hughton, then we had kinnear, then we had hughton, then we had shearer.

i dont care what team it is. but changing of managers like that will never get any kind of success. even at the likes of barca. u see it all the time top european clubs choopping and changing managers in a season sets them back and we are no different.

i dont blame the players massively. the likes of martins did the business under roeder, sam and keegan. likewise for given, beye, and our other players. they didnt perform the year we went down due to disruption at the club and ashley. thats my opinion. but the players should take part of the blame, but that percentage is nothing compared to ashley.
11th April 2010 08:02 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

Like I said, for obvious reasons they wanted to leave the club.

I don't blame them for wanting out either. It wasn't just the lack of stability, but the players were surrounded by talk of pay cuts and weren't sure of their future after the likes of Given were sold. Why would they want to stay here?

That is the reason we went down. They should have been good enough to go for a top half finish but we ended up relegated.

And that's why next season I'm more confident. I don't think we're still capable of pushing for the top half, but I am fully expecting us to stay up.

I'm not saying that our squad is better than it was when we went down, they just have a better attitude, and that will mean a lot.
11th April 2010 08:10 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned

if we had kk as manager, a decent owner and a full house every week.
we woulda been top half for sure.
11th April 2010 08:22 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

viana45 Wrote:if we had kk as manager, a decent owner and a full house every week.
we woulda been top half for sure.

Well yeah I agree.

The main thing in that is the "decent owner" bit. Doesn't necessarily take KK or a full house to turn those players we had into a top ten side. What we needed was for those players to want to stay, and thanks to the lack of stability and concerns over their future, they didn't want to play at SJP. That all comes from the lack of a "decent owner"
11th April 2010 08:42 PM
Thread Closed