Keegan versus Hughton.

Well said TAB

you cunt Big Grin
11th April 2010 11:59 AM
Find all posts by this user
ToonArmy1892 Offline

First Team Regular
Keegan versus Hughton.

Hughton has done a great job in this league and 100% deserves a crack in the premier league, the only thing i worry about is him being able to attract the better players to the club.
11th April 2010 12:25 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular
Keegan versus Hughton.

You cant really compare the actual achievements in this league by KK & CH.
Both very different circumstances. KK had a team that breathed a sigh of relief after just missing out on relegation. He had money to buy players and he did just that, bought players that were not great and improved them. I reckon it was easier then because until we got to 30 points, nobody knew what was going to happen that season. Wewere not sure if we would be promoted outright.

Now, turn to this years achievments. Relegated with a bunch of over paid prima donnas. CH was told early on there was no money. CH hands were tied from the outset, yet he got on with a mini restructuring of NUFC. He had to get the players that got us relegated back into a winning mind frame, less they put in another lousy performance again this season, and get relegated again. People say it was the players themselves that turned it round after the 6-1 drubbing, it may have been, but sometimes a good mangager can let his staff "run with the ball" and let them get on with it.

The records will tell you that CH, going unbeaten this season, may just edge it from KK in the championship, but only time will tell if CH can match the days of KK in the Premier League. That will be a bloody tough act to follow, not just by CH but by any successive manager.
11th April 2010 03:35 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
Keegan versus Hughton.

BIFFAPOTAMUS Wrote:I'm sure you will correct me if I'm wrong but didn't those two useless shitebags walk away with more money from our club than KK did? 'The untouchable one' at the very least should've had the remainder of his contract paid up, just like those two useless twunts - or do you think they were better for NUFC than KK? Do you, in all honesty, think that Chris Hughton is a better manager for Newcastle United than Kevin Keegan? Sometimes, I just fucking despair at the 'spasticated logic' (your phrase, remember) of some people.

Hence why I said if the circumstances were the same. I know it and you know it that if Allerdyce worked for 11 months and left when the going got tough, or he thought what was happening was morally wrong and tried to claim for "what he was owed" people would be calling for his head.

Keegan seems immune from this though.

Hughton's record speaks for itself so far. It's unfair to compare the Prem records as when Hughton was in charge in that league it was a sinking ship.
11th April 2010 03:46 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman
Keegan versus Hughton.

In any case, Keegan never "sued" the club, implying he is a money grabbing tosspot putting his own interests above the clubs, which as I remember was exactly the line being spouted by Llambias, along with a load of other slanderous statements which amounted to little other than a pre-planned smear campaign against one of the most legendary figures to be associated with Newcastle Utd.

What he did was take a perfectly legitimate action in front of a tribunal to have his reputation vindicated after it was so disgustingly abused and manipulated in the public domain by a pair of proven liars.

But of course, if anyone wants to believe that Keegan is a money grabbing tosspot out for a quick buck at the expense of the club in the face of concrete evidence to the contrary upheld by a court hearing where documented facts completely vindicate Keegan and hold Ashley and Llambias up to being proven systematic and pre-meditated bullshit artists then good luck to them.

As someone else pointed out, how much compo was Souness holding out for, waiting to get fired instead of doing the honorable thing, or that sack of shit Allardyce and his never ending flock of worshipers at the hallowed Church of Prozone? How much financial compensation did Keegan receive compared to those two charlatans? Next to fuck all if memory serves.

11th April 2010 04:01 PM
Chris_NUFC Offline

First Team Starter
Keegan versus Hughton.

Spot on COB

Here is the Arbitration document if anyone is interested.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/29736693/IN-...N-TRIBUNAL
11th April 2010 04:15 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Keegan versus Hughton.

Tight_Ass_Bramble Wrote:The day that Hughton gets us one match from winning the Premiership is the day that I will say 'yes hughton is as good a manager as Keegan'. Until then the two are poles apart.

I see what you're saying but that will never happen these days, even if we had a better manager than Keegan.

There's no manager in the world capable of doing that with a newly promoted Premier League side.

And just because that can't happen, does not mean that there aren't managers as good as Keegan. It's just because of the way things have changed in 17 years.
11th April 2010 07:56 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular
Keegan versus Hughton.

richyNUFC Wrote:And just because that can't happen, does not mean that there aren't managers as good as Keegan. It's just because of the way things have changed in 17 years.

Aye, money is god.

Not hard work, enthusiasm and eye for a good player.

Those traits are long gone now.
11th April 2010 08:58 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Keegan versus Hughton.

NE1, I reckon there are a lot of managers that have that, but never manage to succeed because they haven't got the funds.

Billy Davies, David Moyes etc - I think they're class managers, but Moyes will never get back into the top 4 without spending big, and Davies will continue to get average sides promoted but will struggle to keep them in the PL without the funds.
11th April 2010 09:04 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Keegan versus Hughton.

rumours are circulating that kk is back in newcastle....

KS was perhaps right the other day..
11th April 2010 09:14 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Keegan versus Hughton.

Well even if he is "back in Newcastle", he won't be back to manage us again. Not under Ashley.
11th April 2010 09:18 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Keegan versus Hughton.

agreed
11th April 2010 09:20 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Keegan versus Hughton.

meeting potential new owners perhaps?
and yes i am dreaming.
but rumours are circulating
11th April 2010 09:20 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Keegan versus Hughton.

Rumours are always circulating. Big Grin

Tbh, even if we do get new owners, I'd want Hughton to get a shot at it.
11th April 2010 09:21 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Keegan versus Hughton.

over keegan...
11th April 2010 09:27 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Keegan versus Hughton.

No need to change anything at the minute.
11th April 2010 09:31 PM
Tight_Ass_Bramble Offline

Chairman
Keegan versus Hughton.

Well, that depends what the options are.
11th April 2010 09:32 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Keegan versus Hughton.

hughton over keegan not a chance..
11th April 2010 09:33 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Keegan versus Hughton.

Oh fuck off man, am allowed me own opinion.

There's nowt wrong at the minute, and it'd be typical of us to think we're too good to "play for survival" go for a big name and fuck it up. Again. And then again, probably.
11th April 2010 09:36 PM
Tight_Ass_Bramble Offline

Chairman
Keegan versus Hughton.

richyNUFC Wrote:Oh fuck off man, am allowed me own opinion.

There's nowt wrong at the minute, and it'd be typical of us to think we're too good to "play for survival" go for a big name and fuck it up. Again. And then again, probably.

I'm not sure who it is you're telling to fuck off, but the fact remains that our opinions are all based on the options in front of us. To be frank, I agree with the statement that we don't need to change anything at the moment. But should a far better/experienced/qualified Manager become available (and wants the job) we should go ahead and change.

Just because we don't need to, doesn't mean we shouldn't.

Triple negative.
11th April 2010 09:42 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Keegan versus Hughton.

Tight_Ass_Bramble Wrote:I'm not sure who it is you're telling to fuck off, but the fact remains that our opinions are all based on the options in front of us. To be frank, I agree with the statement that we don't need to change anything at the moment. But should a far better/experienced/qualified Manager become available (and wants the job) we should go ahead and change.

Just because we don't need to, doesn't mean we shouldn't.

Triple negative.

It was the "Hugton over KK, no chance" comment that wound me up, not what you said.

I would definitely not say no to Keegan coming back, I'd love it, but I stand by my opinion that if we don't need to change it then we shouldn't. Last time KK came, it took him 10 games to get the players to "adjust" and get his first victory...

And while the logic suggests that a better, more experienced manager should do a good job, it doesn't always work like that, and changing things is a risk.

It's never gonna happen anyway. Smile
(This post was last modified: 11th April 2010 09:50 PM by richyNUFC.)
11th April 2010 09:47 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Keegan versus Hughton.

no need for the fucking richard, im giving my opinion.

for anyone to pick hughton over keegan is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard.
and i bet when hughton loses a few games next year, therell be plenty on his case.
11th April 2010 09:57 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Keegan versus Hughton.

viana45 Wrote:no need for the fucking richard, im giving my opinion.

for anyone to pick hughton over keegan is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard.
and i bet when hughton loses a few games next year, therell be plenty on his case.

Aye, having an opinion is fine but the lack of respect for others opinions deserves a "fuck off"...

And as I've said many times, yes, there will be people on his back if we struggle, but personally I'd give him until the end of the season to keep us up.

We won't do anything next season, I think most people are expecting us to struggle if Ashley is in charge, and therefore the main goal is to prevent another relegation, so I'd give Hughton the time.

As for KK coming back, no chance at all of that happening anyway, but I again stand my opinion that there's no need to change the current core to the squad and management even if KK was available.
11th April 2010 10:03 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Keegan versus Hughton.

there was no lack of respect, i dont agree with it not in the slightest. and if mr ashley was so confident in hugtons abilities in the PL why bring in shearer last year?
11th April 2010 10:05 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Keegan versus Hughton.

Because Hughton said himself that the sooner we brought someone else in, the better. He never admitted he was manager until this season, he just wanted stability.

And since when has Ashley's judgement been anything to go by?

No lack of respect? I kinda clicked on that the "no chance" bit of your post was a dig at me, and then your next post stating that it's the "most ridiculous thing I've ever heard" confirmed your lack of respect.
11th April 2010 10:09 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Keegan versus Hughton.

thats because IMO it is rediculous.
and why would any so called PL manager say that we need someone else FFS?
is it because he isnt good enough for the league
11th April 2010 10:11 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Keegan versus Hughton.

actually this argument could go on forever.
prefering chris hughton to manage nufc over KK, is the first of its kind for me
so i'll leave it at that.
11th April 2010 10:11 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Keegan versus Hughton.

viana45 Wrote:thats because IMO it is rediculous.
and why would any so called PL manager say that we need someone else FFS?
is it because he isnt good enough for the league

He wasn't a "so called PL manager." He was simply a coach, filling, for a second time, trying to manage a bunch of overpaid moaners who were fed up with everything.

Even this season, Hughton kept saying that the main thing was to sort out the managerial position, whether it was him or someobody else. Does that also mean he wasn't good enough for the championship? Clearly not.
11th April 2010 10:15 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Keegan versus Hughton.

being good in the championship and being good in the PL are two completely different things.

just ask huckerby, earnshaw and chopra
11th April 2010 10:16 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Keegan versus Hughton.

viana45 Wrote:actually this argument could go on forever.
prefering chris hughton to manage nufc over KK, is the first of its kind for me
so i'll leave it at that.

If we'd just got rid of our manager because we were struggling, and the choices were KK and Hughton. I'd go for KK.

But as things stand, we're moving forward and in no need for a "messiah."
11th April 2010 10:18 PM
Thread Closed