Thread Closed 
Keegan versus Hughton.
viana45 Offline

Banned
Keegan versus Hughton.

i dont want keegan back because hes a messiah.
i want him back because hes the best man for the job.
11th April 2010 10:20 PM
Find all posts by this user
viana45 Offline

Banned
Keegan versus Hughton.

keegan then shearer
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Keegan versus Hughton.

viana45 Wrote:being good in the championship and being good in the PL are two completely different things.

just ask huckerby, earnshaw and chopra

They're players, not managers. Big difference.

But my point was that you said Hughton isn't good enough to manage PL because he never accepted he was the man for the job.

Well, by that logic, he never accepted he was the man for the job at the start of this season, so he mustn't be a good enough Championship manager? Right? Rolleyes
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Keegan versus Hughton.

viana45 Wrote:i dont want keegan back because hes a messiah.
i want him back because hes the best man for the job.

Where would you expect us to finish under KK next season?
11th April 2010 10:23 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Keegan versus Hughton.

above where hughton would take us
11th April 2010 10:25 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Keegan versus Hughton.

viana45 Wrote:above where hughton would take us

Would he?
11th April 2010 10:31 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Keegan versus Hughton.

judging on keegans pl record with us i dont think hughton could beat any of his finishes as PL manager. u admitted earlier that u didnt think hed get us above 13th. keegan did ALOT better than that
11th April 2010 10:35 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Keegan versus Hughton.

I can't see KK finishing above 13th next season, and under Ashley, I can't see KK finishing anywhere near where he finished the first time round.

He admitted it himself. Things have changed. We're a million miles away from the top 4, I think, were his words.

Viana are you expecting Keegan to come and take us to second place in the PL in the next three years? Confused
11th April 2010 10:39 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
Keegan versus Hughton.

Different times though Viana. Keegan would struggle to better than Hughton with the same resources. Remember inder John Hall he had millions to spend.
11th April 2010 10:42 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Keegan versus Hughton.

i know kk will never take us back to the summit.

but he will tke us closer to the top of the league than hughton will.

im leaving the argument here, to say that hughton is better than keegan is ridiculous. this time last year, it would have been laughable. and only 12 months on some people believe it. short memories alot of people have. 12 months 'sucess' overtakes a man whos 4 or so years at the helm brought just about everything we could dream.
11th April 2010 10:48 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Keegan versus Hughton.

viana45 Wrote:i know kk will never take us back to the summit.

im leaving the argument here, to say that hughton is better than keegan is ridiculous. this time last year, it would have been laughable. and only 12 months on some people believe it. short memories alot of people have. 12 months 'sucess' overtakes a man whos 4 or so years at the helm brought just about everything we could dream.

Did I say Hughton is better than Keegan???
11th April 2010 10:50 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
Keegan versus Hughton.

viana45 Wrote:i know kk will never take us back to the summit.

Keegan only did that because he was given the chance.
11th April 2010 10:54 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Keegan versus Hughton.

The Steve Wrote:Keegan only did that because he was given the chance.

True.
11th April 2010 10:55 PM
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter
Keegan versus Hughton.

Well what a fucking thread
12th April 2010 06:22 AM
Deutchermag Offline

Youth Team
Keegan versus Hughton.

BIFFAPOTAMUS Wrote:I'm sure you will correct me if I'm wrong but didn't those two useless shitebags walk away with more money from our club than KK did? 'The untouchable one' at the very least should've had the remainder of his contract paid up, just like those two useless twunts - or do you think they were better for NUFC than KK? Do you, in all honesty, think that Chris Hughton is a better manager for Newcastle United than Kevin Keegan? Sometimes, I just fucking despair at the 'spasticated logic' (your phrase, remember) of some people.

I'm not sayin Hughton is better than KK. However, I was always brought up not to just fuck if things didn't go my way, Sometimes thats just life. You can pack up and fuck off, or stand and fight. KK fucked off, Hughton stood. For that reason alone Hughton gets my respect.

KK will always be a legend for what he achieved first time round, but lets not right Hughton off eh, he could easily of walked like KK and we'd of ended up with fuckin Kinnear back......
12th April 2010 06:38 AM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular
Keegan versus Hughton.

Do we know for sure if KK is better than CH in the Premier League.

Given the debacle of last season and the lack of investment this season, CH has blown KK out of the water in the Championship so far.:rolleyes
12th April 2010 08:03 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Keegan versus Hughton.

Deutchermag the difference being KK was being undermined by Wise so if anything went wrong KK himself would be saddled with all the blame, Who could blame him for leaving. I really hope Hughton does a cracking job and keeps us up but with Ashley being a tight wad he will need a hell of a lot of luck to keep this current squad in the top division.
12th April 2010 08:09 AM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Keegan versus Hughton.

I reali can't believe people believe people reckon hughton can take nufc further rather than keegan.

Short short memories. I wish hughton obviously the best with us in thr PL but I don't think he's good enough. And no where near KK's level.
12th April 2010 08:30 AM
toonarmy10 Offline

Reserve Team
Keegan versus Hughton.

if anyone watched time of our lives on sky with ginola beresford and howey would have keegan back in a heartbeat what they said about his man management skills he had everyone one of them thinking they were world beaters and it showed on the pitch
12th April 2010 08:39 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
Keegan versus Hughton.

He's gone. Finished.

Why don't we go and get Joe Harvey as well as his assistant? Rolleyes
12th April 2010 08:40 AM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Keegan versus Hughton.

Has Hughton got the highest winning % rate compared to any manager we had.?
12th April 2010 08:51 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Keegan versus Hughton.

viana45 Wrote:I reali can't believe people believe people reckon hughton can take nufc further rather than keegan.

Short short memories. I wish hughton obviously the best with us in thr PL but I don't think he's good enough. And no where near KK's level.

I don't have a short memory.

If you actually read my posts, you'd see my reasoning for keeping Hughton is nothing to do with how high I rate him in comparison to other managers, it's to do with me thinking he deserves a chance and also a change in the dressing room could easily fuck things up. Especially when morale and spirit in the dressing room is higher than it has been for years.

Where's the short memory in that?

I see the smogs got it right like, replacing Southgate (similar to Hughton - former caretaker boss) before he had a chance, and bringing in a better, more experienced boss. That's worked wonders for them.
(This post was last modified: 12th April 2010 09:29 AM by richyNUFC.)
12th April 2010 08:52 AM
BIFFAPOTAMUS Offline

Youth Team
Keegan versus Hughton.

Deutchermag Wrote:I'm not sayin Hughton is better than KK. However, I was always brought up not to just fuck if things didn't go my way, Sometimes thats just life. You can pack up and fuck off, or stand and fight. KK fucked off, Hughton stood. For that reason alone Hughton gets my respect.

KK will always be a legend for what he achieved first time round, but lets not right Hughton off eh, he could easily of walked like KK and we'd of ended up with fuckin Kinnear back......

'You can pack up and fuck off, or stand and fight'. Yeah right. I really admire the way that Souness and Allardyce stood and fought (and waited) for their payoff. KK fought, he put his job on the line for a point of principle,for the interest of the club he loved.. If you can't see that then perhaps your upbringing missed out something about integrity, personal honour and self-respect.

I do howver, take your point about Hughton staying. But he only stayed because he was prepared to do what he was told.
12th April 2010 09:24 AM
Chris_NUFC Offline

First Team Starter
Keegan versus Hughton.

BIFFA, it is ridiculous that you or anybody has to defend the bloke.I have seen on here and other forums Keegan called everything thing from a quitter, to a greedy c**t.It was interesting to see a few of our lot follow the SNN line, not the outright lies or PR the fat fucker and his cronies told, but the £25 million claim.

I mean who would you trust with our club Keegan or Ashley, to me its a no brainer.
12th April 2010 09:38 AM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Keegan versus Hughton.

Biffas point is spot on.
Keegan fought for what he believe and he was proved right.
Allardyce and souness stayed for the money simple as.
Keegan could have stayed and seen out his contract if hr we disloyal but he knew he was right and he was proved right.
12th April 2010 09:45 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Keegan versus Hughton.

viana45 Wrote:Biffas point is spot on.
Keegan could have stayed and seen out his contract if hr we disloyal but he knew he was right and he was proved right.

I agree.
12th April 2010 09:46 AM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Keegan versus Hughton.

It's the fan with thr short memories who forget what they want.
The people who fought owen and viduka were great. The people who now believe Ashley shouldn't be hated. There's things u can't forget.

People say keegans this keegans that the man has more integrity than anyone else in football.
12th April 2010 09:47 AM
Tinosghost Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Keegan versus Hughton.

Been through both promotions with the club At the time I really didn't think kk's squad would do what it did in the first division, he really did inherit a bad squad. Added some old hand's and some experienced players as well as his own knowledge. Hughton took charge of some very good players including 2 argentinian internationals. And some young hungry players.
The reason people expected us to struggle is simple.... Because we had to put up with all the other championship team's wanting to send us even further down, make us do a leeds. We are now a big scalp. But credit where's credit due Hughton got us to roll our sleeves up and start earning those ridiculously big wages.
I hate it when people mention the keegan interview where he said we were a million miles away from the top 4, anyone with an ounce of sense knows it was a direct blow towards ashley and his diabolical running of the club, at wise and the other fuckers.
For me Hughton has done a great job and deserves a shot in the big time, but to compare the 2 championship winning sides is wrong.
Keegan brought magic whereas Hughton has put right a wrong that should never of happened.

But still respect to him.
12th April 2010 10:08 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Keegan versus Hughton.

Tinosghost Wrote:I hate it when people mention the keegan interview where he said we were a million miles away from the top 4, anyone with an ounce of sense knows it was a direct blow towards ashley and his diabolical running of the club, at wise and the other fuckers.

What difference does that make? He knew the top four was a million miles away, and it was. That was KK, basically saying what we all know. We need to spend money to catch up.

The reason I keep bringing that up, is because unfortunately, nowt's changed and Ashley is still here, so the top four is still a million miles away. Whether we bring KK back or not.
12th April 2010 10:14 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
Keegan versus Hughton.

viana45 Wrote:Biffas point is spot on.

At the end of the day it was all about money though for all of them. No matter how you dress it up.
12th April 2010 10:22 AM
Thread Closed