Thread Closed 
How long will Hughton last?
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

He will hope to stay up spending as little as possible Mac. And if we get relegated he knows he will get the Parachute payments and 45k+ every home game the season after.

I still think his best chance to sell up is at the end of this season because once we start losing next season punters wont want to buy a club near the arse end of the table.
12th April 2010 07:23 PM
Find all posts by this user
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

I dont think we will be relegated and I think CH will be here for the duration.

If we did go down, I dont think we would get 40+ thousand crowds and our best layers will definately move on. Another relegation would be a killer blow.
12th April 2010 11:15 PM
ToonArmy1892 Online

First Team Regular

i'm going to enjoy the summer, then think about next season.
12th April 2010 11:17 PM
DUMFRIESGEORDIE Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

yeah me too, i will enjoy the celebrations.
13th April 2010 12:15 AM
Vic Offline

First Team Starter

I'd be happy to see what Hughton does next season, but I will be saying sack him if we are near the bottom come Christmas.
13th April 2010 03:06 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Quote:If we did go down, I dont think we would get 40+ thousand crowds and our best players will definitely move on

Well who thought we would get 40k+ crowds this season Sal and our best players did leave last season and we still are top of the tree yet we havent gone tits up.
13th April 2010 07:38 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

Vic Wrote:I'd be happy to see what Hughton does next season, but I will be saying sack him if we are near the bottom come Christmas.

And get in who?
13th April 2010 08:13 AM
Chris_NUFC Offline

First Team Starter

The Steve Wrote:And get in who?

KEEEEEEEGAN Finger Big Grin
13th April 2010 08:20 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

Oh sweet baby Jesus!

Big Grin
13th April 2010 08:20 AM
Chris_NUFC Offline

First Team Starter

The Steve Wrote:Oh sweet baby Jesus!

Big Grin

Thats right, the Messiah.
13th April 2010 08:25 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Steve you do know if and when Hughton is losing a load of games people will be waiting for yourself and others to have a pop at him.

As i say m8 its the nature of the beast in football one minute your a hero but the next your a pile of shite.

You would think we get rid of managers at the drop of a hat here, bloody hell look in Spain now that country's clubs get rid of managers quick.
13th April 2010 08:27 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

rotti Wrote:Steve you do know if and when Hughton is losing a load of games people will be waiting for yourself and others to have a pop at him.

As i say m8 its the nature of the beast in football one minute your a hero but the next your a pile of shite.

You would think we get rid of managers at the drop of a hat here, bloody hell look in Spain now that country's clubs get rid of managers quick.

That's the worrying thing. Some would rather see him/us fail to prove a point.

I think we need to put an end to sacking managers at the slightest hint of a crisis (i.e. no win in 5). Stability is key.
13th April 2010 08:29 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

rotti Wrote:Steve you do know if and when Hughton is losing a load of games people will be waiting for yourself and others to have a pop at him.

If people are sad enough to sit and wait for that moment to say "I told you so" then fair enough.

Opinions are based on current and past events. Once the current events change, an opinion can change, and if some daft prick wants to say "I told you so" then they can go fuck themselves.
13th April 2010 08:30 AM
Chris_NUFC Offline

First Team Starter

Thats right rotti

Talking about Jesus, Jesus Gil at Athletico Madrid had a revolving door fitted onto the Managers office.

[Image: 200px-JesusGil.jpg]
13th April 2010 08:33 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

But thats what people do on here richy they dredge up old threads to prove a point nomatter what the subject is.

Chris since when has Jesus Gil at Athletico Madrid been a Unicorn LOL.
13th April 2010 08:37 AM
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter

richyNUFC Wrote:If people are sad enough to sit and wait for that moment to say "I told you so" then fair enough.

Opinions are based on current and past events. Once the current events change, an opinion can change, and if some daft prick wants to say "I told you so" then they can go fuck themselves.

I know 1 member at least
13th April 2010 08:48 AM
Chris_NUFC Offline

First Team Starter

rotti Wrote:Chris since when has Jesus Gil at Athletico Madrid been a Unicorn LOL.

Just noticed that Big Grin
13th April 2010 08:59 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Me thinks he has been watching Theres Something About Mary and tried it out LOL.
13th April 2010 09:26 AM
BIFFAPOTAMUS Offline

Youth Team

The Steve Wrote:That's the worrying thing. Some would rather see him/us fail to prove a point.

I think we need to put an end to sacking managers at the slightest hint of a crisis (i.e. no win in 5). Stability is key.

So 'Stability is key'. Don't sack the manager if he's crap. Please tell me where this stability starts and ends. Is it when the club is up for sale or not up for sale? Is it when the owner decides he has a short term plan or a long term plan? Is it when he decides to back a manager or starve him of funds and sell players behind is back? Is it when the lies start or when the lies stop?Please enlighten me because I've been a bit confused about this 'stability' over the last three or so years.
13th April 2010 09:41 AM
Vic Offline

First Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic View Post
I'd be happy to see what Hughton does next season, but I will be saying sack him if we are near the bottom come Christmas.

The Steve Wrote:And get in who?

That's not the point Steve, the question is "How Long"! I'm all for giving Hughton a go, and I hope he does very well he deserves it but surely we aren't going to sit back and not replace him if we are facing relegation come Xmas. As rotti says, its the nature of being a Manager.
13th April 2010 09:53 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

BIFFAPOTAMUS Wrote:I've been a bit confused about this 'stability' over the last three or so years.

There has been none. Hence the relegation!

Keep with a manager who's doing a good job, give him time, and we should be ok.

Sack him after 5 games and we'll struggle again.

I know people don't like the names Hughton and Keegan used in the same sentence on here, but we saw last season the effects of sacking a manager of which the players trust. Just because Hughton is "no Keegan" does not mean it won't have the same old negative effect. Of course it will.

Even when we got rid of Allardyce and got Keegan in, it took 10 games to find a win. Souness managed 10 games unbeaten, but that was with a class squad, not a group of players who seem to heavily rely on a good team morale.
13th April 2010 09:55 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

Vic Wrote:That's not the point Steve, the question is "How Long"! I'm all for giving Hughton a go, and I hope he does very well he deserves it but surely we aren't going to sit back and not replace him if we are facing relegation come Xmas. As rotti says, its the nature of being a Manager.

That's the hard thing to say. It'd be easy to say we'll struggle and need a change.

Portsmouth, Burnley, Hull...they've all changed manager...all in the bottom 3. WHU have stuck with Zola, Wolves with McCarthy, Wigan with Martinez, Mackems with Bruce...all look likely to survive.
13th April 2010 09:59 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

BIFFAPOTAMUS Wrote:So 'Stability is key'. Don't sack the manager if he's crap. Please tell me where this stability starts and ends. Is it when the club is up for sale or not up for sale? Is it when the owner decides he has a short term plan or a long term plan? Is it when he decides to back a manager or starve him of funds and sell players behind is back? Is it when the lies start or when the lies stop?Please enlighten me because I've been a bit confused about this 'stability' over the last three or so years.

But he's not crap as we've established this season. He has walked promotion. People wouldn't think of getting rid of him if he had an exotic name like Paolo Sousa.
13th April 2010 10:02 AM
Vic Offline

First Team Starter

granted Richie, but I think you have to do something at that point, you cant just sit there and watch relegation coming, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
13th April 2010 10:02 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

Vic Wrote:granted Richie, but I think you have to do something at that point, you cant just sit there and watch relegation coming, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

I know mate, that's what I mean, it's hard to say when to change, if at all.

I'd like to keep him aslong as possible, in the hope he can turn it round if things are going bad, but that I suppose is just as big a risk as bringing someone new in early.

Like I say, in this seasons PL, the change of manager hasn't really worked (not yet) and those that stuck with their manager will probably be safe. It all depends how bad we are. If we're rooted to the bottom and playing pathetic, get rid, but if we're still battling and just inside the bottom 3, I'd keep him.
13th April 2010 10:15 AM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

richyNUFC Wrote:I'd like to keep him aslong as possible, in the hope he can turn it round if things are going bad, but that I suppose is just as big a risk as bringing someone new in early

He already has Richy. From where we were last season to where we have come from is a massive turnaround.

Not point in upsetting a "well-oiled" machine. Noteably, a couple of extra players in the summer is what we need, and I suspect CH knows what and where players are needed. It all depends on the "budget" what standard of player we get.
13th April 2010 10:59 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

NE1 Wrote:He already has Richy. From where we were last season to where we have come from is a massive turnaround.

Not point in upsetting a "well-oiled" machine. Noteably, a couple of extra players in the summer is what we need, and I suspect CH knows what and where players are needed. It all depends on the "budget" what standard of player we get.

Exactly right.

Things are better now than they have been since Sir Bobby.
13th April 2010 11:00 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

NE1 Wrote:He already has Richy. From where we were last season to where we have come from is a massive turnaround.

Not point in upsetting a "well-oiled" machine.

Exactly mate, I'm definitely suggesting we stick with him.

But next season, if we do struggle, I think there could be a point where we'll have to take a gamble - change manager or stick with Hughton.

Hopefully, we're well clear of relegation anyway and always comfortable of staying up without doing anything spectacular.
13th April 2010 11:04 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

I'd like to do something spectacular.
13th April 2010 11:10 AM
McCreery Online

First Team Regular

put it this way.....If we get to last game of next season needing one point to stay up I'd much rather it was Hughton with a squad of players that have a bit of fight in them rather than the pile of shite that couldn't be arsed last season
13th April 2010 11:17 AM
Thread Closed