Thread Closed 
How long will Hughton last?
DUMFRIESGEORDIE Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

That is so true and one thing i have been saying over and over again, you cant buy fight and bottle and you cant playing for the shirt and these players have that.
13th April 2010 11:23 AM
Find all posts by this user
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

The Steve Wrote:I'd like to do something spectacular.

Well obviously I'd like that. I didn't quite word that the way I wanted.
13th April 2010 11:26 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Fight and bottle means nowt if you dont have the skill to go with it. We will see next season how much fight and bottle and more importantly skill these players have when they are playing against Tevez/Rooney/Gerrard/Torres and not players like Craig Mackail-Smith/Aaron McLean.
13th April 2010 11:30 AM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

rotti Wrote:Fight and bottle means nowt if you dont have the skill to go with it. We will see next season how much fight and bottle and more importantly skill these players have when they are playing against Tevez/Rooney/Gerrard/Torres and not players like Craig Mackail-Smith/Aaron McLean.

Positive attitude mate, thats what we like to see.
13th April 2010 11:35 AM
McCreery Online

First Team Regular

it's a balance though rotti......there's no point in having loads of skill but no bottle for a fight either like Owen, Duff, Bassong Viduka etc

we will struggle next season, there is no doubt about it but we are not going to magic up players like Tevez, Rooney, Gerrard and Torres.....It's more important to get players with the right character until we are an established PL side again
13th April 2010 11:37 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Mac i meant its no good having bottle/fight when your up against better players like Tevez, Rooney, Gerrard and Torres m8.
13th April 2010 11:39 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

rotti Wrote:Mac i meant its no good having bottle/fight when your up against better players like Tevez, Rooney, Gerrard and Torres m8.

Aye but all of those players have been turned over this season at times when they shouldnt have been.

Also we have 29 or so games next season where the actual top top players will be nowhere to be seen.

Did anyone happen to watch the Burnley / Hull match? We are far better than either of those sides and they have still managed to do differing degrees of damage at times this season.

Hughton will get his chance, no doubt about it, and I think he will do ok. Yes we need players, but he will be wise to the fact that we need more pace and creativity through the middle, and up top - When he addresses that, and plugs the gaps in the squad with some cheap signings we will be well prepared and I would fancy us to not even be in a relegation battle.
13th April 2010 12:05 PM
Thread Closed