Thread Closed 
Can we Really stay in the Prem.?
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter

Honest Question with this squad do you think its better than the team we had last in the prem.?

Can we really stay up i know we still got the likes of Nolan Colo Guti barton smith Guthie from the team that went down.Do you think they all can raise there game another 30% to get some results in the prem.

Cause i think yes there was alot of things going on in the background but the buck stops with the players and they got us relegated by not trying and just collect there wage.

Plus didnt help with this temp Manager thing and Shearer was brought in too late as well.

But its the players that have to go over that white line and get results..
10th April 2010 08:06 AM
Find all posts by this user
Vic Offline

First Team Starter

This team would battle to stay out of relegation or pretty close, and it would be silly to think we aren't going to improve this squad, no matter what anyone thinks of Ashley.

So a resounding YES.
10th April 2010 08:31 AM
Tight_Ass_Bramble Offline

Chairman

According to Fop's prediction thread 33 out of 35 say Yes, we can stay up.
10th April 2010 09:03 AM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

First Team Regular

i think we will stay up
10th April 2010 11:02 AM
DevonMag Offline

First Team Starter

I think people are bring overly pessemistic in my opinion. This team we have at the moment would avoid relegation. With a few additions we will be comfortably mid table. Obviously depends on the 'additions'
10th April 2010 11:28 AM
viana45 Offline

Banned

im gonna be bold and predict a top half finish...
10th April 2010 12:25 PM
Texasmag Offline

First Team Regular

Yes I think we'll do it! My glass is half full.
10th April 2010 12:30 PM
LALASAM Offline

First Team Starter

The difference between this lot and the last lot is that this bunch act and play as a team. That is the main difference, combined with goals coming from a number of sources.

The competition will be stiffer than we have faced this season but I reckon we can stay up next season.

Put it this way.

The fat man is a gambler and he has just seen his stake double.

Stick or twist?
10th April 2010 05:50 PM
McCreery Online

First Team Regular

this lot don't stand a chance in the Premier League in my opinion

this lot and a few key additions might
10th April 2010 07:03 PM
DML2 Offline

Youth Team

We are probably capable of staying up....just.

Last season it was the managerial merry go round coupled with fan animosity at the cockney mafia which overshadowed all else. We had a better squad last season....just no definitive leadership, direction or team spirit.

If they had fully backed KK we would have finished top 6/7 in what was/is a poor Premier league my opinion (take away the usual suspects Man U/Chelski/Arsenal). After the opening draw away to Man U the feelgood factor was returning, but Ashley chose to back Wise etc resulting in the club completely imploding. The rest is history.
10th April 2010 10:51 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Cant believe how bad the bottom half teams are they are saying 35 points will be enough to stay up.

Of course we can stay up but that doesn't mean we will. Who would have thought we would have gotten relegated last season but we still did.

This team as it stands are not good enough. We had much better players last season with the likes of Martins/Owen our strikers are not as good as those 2 strikers and if Taylor goes we are worse off in defence.

Fuck next season lets just enjoy winning the title in the fizzy pop, i will start to worry once the season is over.
11th April 2010 07:38 AM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

McCreery Wrote:this lot don't stand a chance in the Premier League in my opinion

this lot and a few key additions might

yup, that's the way it is.
11th April 2010 08:34 AM
Vic Offline

First Team Starter

Vic Wrote:This team would battle to stay out of relegation or pretty close, and it would be silly to think we aren't going to improve this squad, no matter what anyone thinks of Ashley.

So a resounding YES.
Smile

Well thats basically bloody well what I said Lip and MaccaSmile
11th April 2010 08:42 AM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

Vic Wrote:Smile

Well thats basically bloody well what I said Lip and MaccaSmile

Well I agree with you as well then! Smile

I calles mac a puff in another thread and he didn't like it, so I thought I'd better show what a man I was and agree with him. Big Grin
11th April 2010 08:48 AM
nunthorpe mag Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

If the likes of Wolves Birmingham and Stoke look like staying up I'm sure we canSmile
11th April 2010 08:55 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Nunth Wolves/Stoke have done bloody well but Brum have spent a good few quid this season so i dont class them in the same league as Wolves/Stoke.

If Ashley wants us to stay in the premier league he needs to invest and not a piddly £10m-15m.

Look at the team we have now compared to last season in my view its not as good and we still got relegated with a better team. So like i say if Ashley has any ambitions he needs to invest or better still sell up in the close season.
11th April 2010 09:32 AM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

rotti Wrote:Nunth Wolves/Stoke have done bloody well but Brum have spent a good few quid this season so i dont class them in the same league as Wolves/Stoke.

If Ashley wants us to stay in the premier league he needs to invest and not a piddly £10m-15m.

Look at the team we have now compared to last season in my view its not as good and we still got relegated with a better team. So like i say if Ashley has any ambitions he needs to invest or better still sell up in the close season.

Compare the forward line of this team to the one that went down. Whatever anyone thinks Owen, Martins and Viduka are miles ahead of what we currently have and if they had played with a decent midfield would have scored the goals to keep us up.

So we have a worse forward line and done absolutely nothing to address the lack of pace and creativity in the middle of the park.

Money has to be spent in these two areas or we are back to square one.
11th April 2010 09:36 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Get shot of Butt/Barton/Smith that will save a good few quid pw well precisely £120k pw as Butt is on a free.

With that saving on these players bring in a good midfielder and give him a decent wage nowt stupid but a decent wage compared to the rest of the team, Who frankly must be fucking begging on street corners to meet their extravagant lifestyles.
11th April 2010 09:41 AM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

Hey, dont kid yourselfs. This team is a lot better than last season.

We may have lost some "good" players, but as a team, they are a long long way ahead of last season. They have grafted hard, made it difficult for teams to beat us and it is no coincedence we have romped this league.

I am not saying we will find it easy to stay up in the premier league, but it isnt as drastic as everybody thinks. I cant believe the amount of pessimisitc people in black and white shirts out there. If we start of in the Premier League expecting to get beat every week, then that is what is going to happen. This team reminds me a bit of Gordan Lee's team in the 70's. Workman like without being too extravagent.

Lets draw a line underneath the last two years and move on. Lets make a claim for Europe, lets have a bash at achieving something within the next couple/few years.
11th April 2010 05:53 PM
Thread Closed