Harewood on his way back

Thread Closed 
Harewood on his way back

hpoolmag Offline

Youth Team
Harewood on his way back

on loan, i'd have him back rather than waste money on 3rd division players.
20th January 2010 04:42 PM
Find all posts by this user
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
Harewood on his way back

Me n all like.
20th January 2010 04:44 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Harewood on his way back

I'm not bothered if we get him or not. Sign him and he's an extra man, and despite his lack of effort he gets goals.

If we don't get him, I think we've already got a good enough front line with our current 4 strikers.
20th January 2010 04:48 PM
King Sentinel I Offline

First Team Regular
Harewood on his way back

Link???
20th January 2010 04:54 PM
gallowgate Offline

Youth Team
Harewood on his way back

we havnt missed him at all, in fact i think he was canny shite, no movement and piss poor control, wud rather have shola and thats saying something!!
20th January 2010 04:57 PM
hpoolmag Offline

Youth Team
Harewood on his way back

King Sentinel I Wrote:Link???

Its on nufc.com
20th January 2010 04:58 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

Harewood on his way back

the more strikers the better really,..gives hughton more options, harewoods control isn`t great, but then neither was martins,..but he has a decent turn of pace and scored some goals for us
20th January 2010 05:02 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Harewood on his way back

Brassneck Wrote:the more strikers the better really,..gives hughton more options, harewoods control isn`t great, but then neither was martins,..but he has a decent turn of pace and scored some goals for us

We have 4 strikers fighting for 2 places. Make that 5 strikers if we include Pancrate who can play there. If we have a massive injury crisis, we can play one striker with Nolan just behind.

There's always Smith aswell. Wink Big Grin
20th January 2010 05:04 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

Harewood on his way back

well more the merrier,..the difference is this one scores goals
20th January 2010 05:05 PM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Harewood on his way back

Aslong it keeps shola out the team im all for it..
20th January 2010 05:12 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Harewood on his way back

So does Shola...and Lovenkrands...Ranger is still largely untested, and Carroll creates a lot for whoever is alongside him -especially if it's Lovenkrands or Nolan that play alongside him - aswell as adding the odd goal here and there.

Pancrate hasn't been given a chance up front, and Smith hasn't played there for a while. Big Grin

We have plenty, but aye, if Harewood comes in, it means we don't have to use a winger as a striker etc. and does give us more options. Not really needed though.
20th January 2010 05:12 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

Harewood on his way back

richyNUFC Wrote:So does Shola...and Lovenkrands...Ranger is still largely untested, and Carroll creates a lot for whoever is alongside him -especially if it's Lovenkrands or Nolan that play alongside him - aswell as adding the odd goal here and there.

Pancrate hasn't been given a chance up front, and Smith hasn't played there for a while. Big Grin

We have plenty, but aye, if Harewood comes in, it means we don't have to use a winger as a striker etc. and does give us more options. Not really needed though.

but i thought you wanted beckford,..? or not??

doesn`t bother me how many strikers we`ve got,..as long as i don`t go to the games and pay their wages it doesn`t concern me really
20th January 2010 05:15 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Harewood on his way back

Nope, I'm not bothered if we get Beckford or not.

Said on many threads that I'd be happy if the only deal we do is to re-sign or replace Simpson. Anything else is a bonus.
20th January 2010 05:18 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

Harewood on his way back

i like competition for places,..i know we have a few strikers, and nolan who can play there,.but as i say it can only be a good thing if hughton has options, the only thing i don`t like is if part of the loan condition is that he has to play if fit,..thats fuckin stuprid that,..i would rather he stayed at villa than agree to that
20th January 2010 05:22 PM
Miklos_Dora Offline

Youth Team
Harewood on his way back

Harewood, for me, is not that good a player but if we have a second half of the season to reflect the first then I'll be way chuffed. Then it'll be time to thank him for all his hard work and Villa can worry about what to do with him in 2010/11.
20th January 2010 05:44 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Harewood on his way back

Brassneck Wrote:i like competition for places,..i know we have a few strikers, and nolan who can play there,.but as i say it can only be a good thing if hughton has options, the only thing i don`t like is if part of the loan condition is that he has to play if fit,..thats fuckin stuprid that,..i would rather he stayed at villa than agree to that

Miklos_Dora Wrote:Harewood, for me, is not that good a player but if we have a second half of the season to reflect the first then I'll be way chuffed. Then it'll be time to thank him for all his hard work and Villa can worry about what to do with him in 2010/11.

Agree with both of those posts.
20th January 2010 06:18 PM
jack Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Harewood on his way back

its another bod thru the door and the more the merry'er for me.. it gives hughton options with loads of different permutations up front..
i reckon if harewood does come back and hughton can get another fb or better still lb then we should be pretty well sorted to see us thru to may.

then the real panic will start when fatcunt realises we are no where near equipped enuff for the prem..
20th January 2010 07:03 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Harewood on his way back

Well as we aint getting Beckford and it doesnt look like any other striker id have him back only because we dont have an owner that will dip into his money the fat cunt.
20th January 2010 10:59 PM
hayzie Offline

Youth Team
Harewood on his way back

not the best player in the world, but seemed to come into scoring form towards the end of the loan. really wouldnt mind seeing him back here as long as its only till may
20th January 2010 11:16 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
Harewood on his way back

Like people have said, competition for places isn't a bad thing.

Plus I think he is definately not worse than what we have. Our strikers (McDane aside) are not scoring goals at the moment, and I see no sign of that changing as long as Shola/Carroll keep playing the way they are.

The stupid thing is, he hasn't played since Boxing Day now, almost a month, so are we going to have to get him back up to match fitness again? Bang Head
21st January 2010 09:30 AM
Texasmag Offline

First Team Regular
Harewood on his way back

Didn't click on the threads but on Newsnow its saying he is probs going somewhere else, so Newcastle need to be quick if they want him.
21st January 2010 11:42 AM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Harewood on his way back

Boro want him.

If we go up we should bid for johnson from the boro,

As Sinderland want him as well,.
21st January 2010 12:30 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered