Thread Closed 
Priority signings for next season
ToonArmy1892 Offline

First Team Regular

The main one has got to be defensive midfield for me -

Butt (retiring and shouldn't be considered anyway)

Barton (I have not been impressed with him at all since his time here, and is more of a central player anyway, he might have to do for back up though)

We need to be looking for a young quality DM, and probably another one aswell.

Right back -

Simpson and R. Taylor are championship players it's as simple as that for me.. i'd try and sell R. Taylor see if we can get 1 or 2 mil for him, Simpson may have to do for back up... but we definatley need to sign another right back.

right wing

I'm not convinced routledge is going to cut it, why have so many clubs got rid of him? Again he may have to do for back up but i think we need to sign a better winger.

For me they are the positions that urgently need being upgraded. After that i'f we have any money left we need cover for Enrique, cover for Jonas, and we could do with another Lovenkrands type striker.
9th April 2010 12:13 PM
Find all posts by this user
ToonArmy1892 Offline

First Team Regular

so the rest of you think this squad is good enough to compete in the premier league? My intelligence is wasted on this forum! Nana
9th April 2010 05:18 PM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Without any significant additions we should be nailed on for the title. Buying new players too is just being unfair to the other clubs.
9th April 2010 05:23 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

ToonArmy1892 Wrote:The main one has got to be defensive midfield for me -

Butt (retiring and shouldn't be considered anyway)

Barton (I have not been impressed with him at all since his time here, and is more of a central player anyway, he might have to do for back up though)

We need to be looking for a young quality DM, and probably another one aswell.

Right back -

Simpson and R. Taylor are championship players it's as simple as that for me.. i'd try and sell R. Taylor see if we can get 1 or 2 mil for him, Simpson may have to do for back up... but we definatley need to sign another right back.

right wing

I'm not convinced routledge is going to cut it, why have so many clubs got rid of him? Again he may have to do for back up but i think we need to sign a better winger.

For me they are the positions that urgently need being upgraded. After that i'f we have any money left we need cover for Enrique, cover for Jonas, and we could do with another Lovenkrands type striker.

striker who can score

midfielder who can dribble and pass

central defender who can mark, tackle and head the ball.

three priority signings that we desperately need and that we have needed for about 4 seasons.
9th April 2010 05:52 PM
McCreery Online

First Team Regular

I think Danny Simpson is the real weak link next season.....if it came to a toss up I would even keep Ryan Taylor over him

Striker
Right Back
Another Right Back
9th April 2010 06:21 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

First Team Regular

McCreery Wrote:I think Danny Simpson is the real weak link next season.....if it came to a toss up I would even keep Ryan Taylor over him

Striker
Right Back
Another Right Back

just barton for defensive midfield? what if he gets injured
9th April 2010 07:05 PM
McCreery Online

First Team Regular

Leon Best..

*taps nose*
9th April 2010 07:27 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

Positions we need if we can afford it are;

Right back, two central midfielders who can trap, pass and shoot a ball, right wing, striker + if any change left cover for left back, cover for left midfield.
9th April 2010 08:38 PM
Thread Closed