hatem ben afra

Thread Closed 
hatem ben afra

davidturner151

Unregistered

hatem ben afra

hi guys i am new to the forum so ill apologise now if this has already been talked about!
i just cannot get my head around why ben afra isnt starting games!
i know he is only just getting back to full fitness but to me it makes no sense not starting him and only bringing him on once the game is over an hour old and we are struggling as a team.
surely starting him and getting at the other team straight away is a much better option. making it so that are only line of attack isnt always a ball to obertan (quite why the decision to base 90% of the attack through obertan was made is another matter entirely)
having him on the field from the start when the other players are fresh will give us an advantage we havent had all season. atm are play is just so obvious, straight to the wing and if the wingers are marked we pass it about in midfield, straight back to keeper who in turn boots to the left or right hoping either of them will get the run of the ball. having him there playing off ba from the start will give us far more options rather than sticking him on after 60 mins once the players are flagging abit, not making the same runs and running out of ideas
1st January 2012 11:02 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular
RE: hatem ben afra

Hi Ben Arfa how are you?
1st January 2012 11:11 PM
Find all posts by this user
Sal Online

First Team Regular

Agree entirely matey.

It has been discussed at length but every game he doesn't play warrants more discussion for me like. To start Vuckic ahead of him the other night was a bit of an insult - I don't think it would have made any difference to how the game panned out mind, we bottled it all over the pitch, but it's an odd decision regardless.

We need more points of attack and HBA gives us another option, he needs persisting with. Give the lad a run of ten games and see what happens - We certainly aren't at risk of going down and at the moment we are hardly pulling up trees so what the fuck do we have to lose????

The alternative with the current squad is the hoofball game to Best or Shola to 'hope' Ba does the rest. That will get us a degree of success but it's frankly boring and predictable. Ba fucks off shortly anyway and we all know his knees may explode at any moment so to base our season on him collecting scraps and making goals from them is a bad idea.
1st January 2012 11:27 PM
tino Online

First Team Regular

I think Pardew places Vukic ahead of HBA as he is considered more reliable in a disciplined formation leaving HBA to be given a freer role as an impact player
1st January 2012 11:49 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

I've been saying for weeks now Ben Arfa needs a free role and should be our creative linchpin.

Keep him in the attacking half of the pitch, play 4-3-1-2 and just say to him, enjoy yourself, express yourself, be creative and inventive and just simply get us goals.

Play Cabaye, Tiote and Guti across the middle and no wingers.

We haven't got a winger, so why play 4-4-2?
(This post was last modified: 1st January 2012 11:54 PM by LeazesLoyal.)
1st January 2012 11:52 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

Didn't we try that v Chelsea and got hammered
2nd January 2012 01:25 AM
Sal Online

First Team Regular

Try what??

LL's suggestion? Nay, we just got hammered anyway!

To be fair we had a couple of players out and we don't play the likes of Chelsea every week.

Once the Man Utd game is out the way we play:

QPR h
Fulham a
Blackburn a
Villa h
Spurs a
Wolves h

That would take us through to March. We have to fancy our chances in all of those games barring Spurs.

Just throw HBA in and see how he goes.
2nd January 2012 01:43 AM
Vic Offline

First Team Starter

(1st January 2012 11:52 PM)LeazesLoyal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.We haven't got a winger, so why play 4-4-2?

A good point about wingers though, we have two players who run up and down the flanks but rarely cross the ball.
2nd January 2012 03:58 AM
McCreery Online

Fan Favourite

both those players do have a role though.......they might not be wingers in the old fashioned sense but they are both used to get the ball out of our half and build play from there

Is Ba any good with his head anyway ??
2nd January 2012 10:27 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

Scored a couple of headers so far this season.
2nd January 2012 10:58 AM
Swyer87 Offline

First Team Starter

I agree HBA needs to be given a run of games and then we can pass judgement on him!
2nd January 2012 11:04 AM
jack Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

i think he has been GASH thus far. maybe pardew thinks the same hence vukic gettin in ahead of benarfa.
2nd January 2012 07:47 PM
davidturner151

Unregistered

i think to say he has been gash is quite unfair really. to expect him to blow the game wide open and turn a team that are playing very avergage football for the first 60 mins into a awesome team for the 30 mins he is on the pitch is unfair. give the guy a run and see then how much it changes the team. the teams morale when starting a game will be so much more confident aswell, knowing that they've got ben afra and ba to play too and also the wings to exploit aswell, stops them being so one dimensional.
the idea that pardew doesnt start ben afra because he doesnt track back enough is stupid. from what ive seen of him he doesnt mind tracking back that much but at the end of the day you do not buy a player like ben afra for his defensive abilitys. to play vuckic instead of him (who no doubt will be a class player in the future) just because he may be more willing to run back is laughable.
i think we need to stop playing the 4-4-2, its outdated and againest the better teams you get torn to shreds with it, personaly if i was to pick my first team and formation (ignoring injuries) id go: 4-2-3-1 with
krul, santon, taylor, colo, simpson, tiote,cabaye, jonas, ben afra, sammy and ba on top
2nd January 2012 11:08 PM
davidturner151

Unregistered

i think to say he has been gash is quite unfair really. to expect him to blow the game wide open and turn a team that are playing very avergage football for the first 60 mins into a awesome team for the 30 mins he is on the pitch is unfair. give the guy a run and see then how much it changes the team. the teams morale when starting a game will be so much more confident aswell, knowing that they've got ben afra and ba to play too and also the wings to exploit aswell, stops them being so one dimensional.
the idea that pardew doesnt start ben afra because he doesnt track back enough is stupid. from what ive seen of him he doesnt mind tracking back that much but at the end of the day you do not buy a player like ben afra for his defensive abilitys. to play vuckic instead of him (who no doubt will be a class player in the future) just because he may be more willing to run back is laughable.
i think we need to stop playing the 4-4-2, its outdated and againest the better teams you get torn to shreds with it, personaly if i was to pick my first team and formation (ignoring injuries) id go: 4-2-3-1 with
krul, santon, taylor, colo, simpson, tiote,cabaye, jonas, ben afra, sammy and ba on top
2nd January 2012 11:08 PM
franzeseNufc Offline

First Team Starter

I think Hatem should start. With a different formation.
2nd January 2012 11:53 PM

Thread Closed