Reserve Team
obertan declared fit for wednesday

thats ruined my day
3rd January 2012 12:09 PM
Find all posts by this user
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter
RE: obertan declared fit for wednesday

Fergie will no doubt be working on a plan on how to contain him.
3rd January 2012 12:10 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

Good news!

Any NUFC fan that thinks he is better off injured wants shooting in my opinion.

He gets far too rough a deal and the stick he gets will clearly not help him or the team along at all - Its fucking pathetic.
3rd January 2012 12:11 PM
andy1305 Offline

Youth Team

i am glad to hear to be honest, at least it gives some much needed pace and maybe just maybe he will put in a man of the match performance. You never Know !!
3rd January 2012 12:15 PM
davidturner151 Offline

Reserve Team

far too rough a deal??? are you being serious??
he has played shit in pretty much every game he has played. only decent performance was against stoke!
he cant pass/cross, doesnt try to go around players even with the pace he has got and for a winger he is far too negitive.
backing a player no matter what is one thing but someone who is consistantly poor yet starts every game when someone like ben afra is on the bench is ludicrous.
(3rd January 2012 12:15 PM)andy1305 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.i am glad to hear to be honest, at least it gives some much needed pace and maybe just maybe he will put in a man of the match performance. You never Know !!

yeah if he ever used it! apart from stoke game he never takes a full back on in a race down the line
(This post was last modified: 3rd January 2012 12:20 PM by davidturner151.)
3rd January 2012 12:19 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

if you watch closely you can see the message go from his brain to his feet to tell him to run
3rd January 2012 12:22 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

(3rd January 2012 12:19 PM)davidturner151 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.far too rough a deal??? are you being serious??
he has played shit in pretty much every game he has played. only decent performance was against stoke!
he cant pass/cross, doesnt try to go around players even with the pace he has got and for a winger he is far too negitive.
backing a player no matter what is one thing but someone who is consistantly poor yet starts every game when someone like ben afra is on the bench is ludicrous.
(3rd January 2012 12:15 PM)andy1305 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.i am glad to hear to be honest, at least it gives some much needed pace and maybe just maybe he will put in a man of the match performance. You never Know !!

yeah if he ever used it! apart from stoke game he never takes a full back on in a race down the line

Yes am serious.

The bloke is wearing a black and white shirt and if you dont think he should be starting then blame Pardew - Not the player.

My mate was at the Bolton game on Boxing day, a game which Obertan played reasonable well and caused them problems (So thats more than just Stoke ey), at the end of the game when a few players were soaking up the fans applause Obertan came over too and got boo'd by a small section of the crowd.

That is fucking outrageous and he clearly doesnt deserve it at all.

He is 22 years old and was bought for relative peanuts. I dont get why anyone would boo their own or rejoice in one of our own players injuries. Its bullshit.

Would you* prefer Sammi Ameobi to be available over Obertan? Or how about no one at all?

If the answer is yes to either of those questions then you are obviously a loop-the-loop.

* By you I mean everyone at large, not just 'you'.
3rd January 2012 12:30 PM
davidturner151 Offline

Reserve Team

ha
i would prefer sammy to start! he is far more positive than obertan with the ball.
i watched that game on the internet and yeah obertan did make a few good runs but again it was his crossing and decision making that let him down and meant we didnt get anywhere with all the possesion.
if it where me we'd be playing a 4-3-3 without him starting anyway but all the time we are playing 4-4-2, based on his performances id drop him to the bench, start with sammy and then sub him around the 60th minute and get him running at pace at some tired legs when he is more likely to succeed. atm he is far to ineffective
(This post was last modified: 3rd January 2012 12:36 PM by davidturner151.)
3rd January 2012 12:30 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

Didn't see anyone booing him at Bolton and if they are they should be ashamed.

He is after all doing his best and playing for the Toon - you should never boo your own players - never understood the logic of that, it is hardly going to inspire a better performance.

However, Obertan is absolute shit.

The sooner he is relegated to the reserves the better for me.

He should be running in the Olympics at 1,500 metres or something, he is not a footballer and does not have a football brain.

One cross at Stoke doesn't make him a winger either.

The fact he is wearing a b & w shirt, doesn't make him a good player.
3rd January 2012 12:38 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

He has been poor, and he is extremely frustrating in that all he needs to do is kick it past his man and just fucking leg it and most of the time he will get there first.

I agree on 4 3 3 without him in the side, or perhaps that formation that LL suggested the other day.

That doesnt mean I would ever be pleased he is injured nor boo him and I certainly wouldnt be playing Sammi ahead of him. Sammi also looks shit by the way.
3rd January 2012 12:45 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

Sammy has done nothing to justify a place in the team yet.

He has something about him, but rather like Shola flatters to deceive.

1 good game in ten is not good enough.
3rd January 2012 12:47 PM
davidturner151 Offline

Reserve Team

yeah i wasnt suggesting sammy is a world beater but atleast he knows what he is good at and he is positive. if he can get a cross in he will, if he can take a shot he will. obertan does not do either until its too late
3rd January 2012 12:48 PM
davidturner151 Offline

Reserve Team

yeah i wasnt suggesting sammy is a world beater but atleast he knows what he is good at and he is positive. if he can get a cross in he will, if he can take a shot he will. obertan does not do either until its too late
3rd January 2012 12:48 PM
Irish Magpie Offline

First Team Starter

I like Sammy and he looks like he'll be a good player, he's nowhere close to being good enough to start yet though.

Obertan is our most frustrating players so far this season. He's not as bad as some make out though.

He has a few assists this season, probably as many as Jonas. His pace scares the opposition and if he could figure out how to use it, he'd be a pretty good player.
3rd January 2012 01:29 PM
andy1305 Offline

Youth Team

NEGATIVITY dont you just love it, was just thinking if he puts in a great game the morow then people will say how well he did. Funny how fickle some people can be.
3rd January 2012 01:30 PM
davidturner151 Offline

Reserve Team

no if he has a great game tomorrow ill still say he has had a shit season and needs to play more like that to show it was just a blip. you blindly support a player if you want but id rather try and address problems i see with the team
3rd January 2012 01:33 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

Its not a case of blindly supporting anyone, its a case of not abusing one of our own. He clearly does try, it just isnt happening for him.

If Pardew rang me and asked me to play I would be out there like a shot - I would be fucking rubbish and blowing out my arse after 15 minutes like but I certainly wouldnt say 'Oh I dont think am good enough so I wont play'.

So surely the bile should be angled toward Pardew - If anyone at all.
3rd January 2012 02:01 PM
davidturner151 Offline

Reserve Team

pardew obviously wants to give him a chance and to try and boost his confidence by supporting him but i do not understand how you can say he is trying?
a player with his pace who does not run at defenders is clearly not trying that hard
pardew obviously wants to give him a chance and to try and boost his confidence by supporting him but i do not understand how you can say he is trying?
a player with his pace who does not run at defenders is clearly not trying that hard
(This post was last modified: 3rd January 2012 02:10 PM by davidturner151.)
3rd January 2012 02:10 PM
jack Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(3rd January 2012 01:33 PM)davidturner151 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.no if he has a great game tomorrow ill still say he has had a shit season and needs to play more like that to show it was just a blip. you blindly support a player if you want but id rather try and address problems i see with the team

good shout. thus far obertan has been garbage with the odd (and i mean odd) decent cross. but on the whole he has not shown the promise he could have.
headless chickens, we have had loads of em and for me he needs a month in the reserves to sort himself oot.

re the boo'ing, we pay our money and can shout what the fuck we want.
3rd January 2012 02:21 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

Aye you can shout what the fuck you want.

Doesnt make it right nor is it helpful but by all means do it anyway.

You can also cut off your own finger if you like, it would be just as productive as boo'ing your own player.
3rd January 2012 02:50 PM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

Where do I go to be shot....not that I'd boo the lad, or be happy to see him injured, but if I think he's shit which I think he is, I'll say it.
3rd January 2012 03:04 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

He is shit, or he certainly has played shit - Feel free to say it.

Thats a hell of a lot different to enjoying him be injured or boo'ing the fucker - especially after a win that he contributed to!
3rd January 2012 03:23 PM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

I don't boo our team on the pitch, I agree it doesn't help, it can only hinder a performance....nor do i take any pleasure seeing our players injured, shit or not...but having me shot is a bit OTT.....

Wink
3rd January 2012 03:30 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

Ok fair doo's - I'll call off the firing squad and just get Mr. Blonde out to do a bit of surgery instead Wink
3rd January 2012 03:43 PM
Bigbashno9 Offline

Youth Team

(3rd January 2012 12:11 PM)Sal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Good news!

He gets far too rough a deal and the stick he gets will clearly not help him or the team along at all - Its fucking pathetic.

MMMmmmmmmm..... yes its sad to say its a shame he is not injured, but god, he has been shit!
3rd January 2012 06:21 PM
mikeydad Offline

Reserve Team

(3rd January 2012 12:11 PM)Sal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Good news!

What he said
3rd January 2012 09:01 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

At times like this I cannot see any sense in giving our players stick at the ground. It insults the player and knocks his confidence and also insults Pardew, who is the best manager we have had since Robson.
3rd January 2012 09:13 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

Remember when we dissed the whole team and staff after only finishing 5th
3rd January 2012 10:06 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(3rd January 2012 10:06 PM)tino Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Remember when we dissed the whole team and staff after only finishing 5th

some of us didnt. How daft all that looks now. Im still in shock over Bobby getting sacked and being replaced by fuckin Souness.
3rd January 2012 10:38 PM
davidturner151 Offline

Reserve Team

anyone read bobbys biography? i got it when it first came out and ive prob read it once a year since that! bloody good read
3rd January 2012 10:52 PM

Thread Closed