Thread Closed 
No Open Top Bus
omenator

Unregistered

No Open Top Bus

The club have today confirmed that there will be no open top bus parade regardless if we win the title
8th April 2010 03:28 PM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular
No Open Top Bus

Good decision.
8th April 2010 03:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Tight_Ass_Bramble Offline

Chairman
No Open Top Bus

Good.

I'd only condone the parading of a real trophy. So it should be a while.
8th April 2010 03:33 PM
Find all posts by this user
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
No Open Top Bus

I reckon it would be in keeping with the class and distinction of our ownership for Llambias to run naked through the streets with the cup, while thousands of sports direct clad charvers try to drape him with banners proclaiming that they're still boycoutting except when we win.
8th April 2010 03:37 PM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular
No Open Top Bus

hehe did you see the little charvers after the match, with their tracky pants tucked in their socks?

oh fucking dear.
8th April 2010 03:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
omenator

Unregistered

No Open Top Bus

I've never got the point of that
8th April 2010 03:48 PM
Tight_Ass_Bramble Offline

Chairman
No Open Top Bus

Its in case they piss themselves
8th April 2010 04:08 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
No Open Top Bus

Why don't they do a parade? It's a great achievement if you ask me.
8th April 2010 10:23 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
No Open Top Bus

Ashley doesnt want the fans to get any sort of joy out of Promotion the fat fcuk.
9th April 2010 12:48 AM
NE1 Online

First Team Regular
No Open Top Bus

The Steve Wrote:Why don't they do a parade? It's a great achievement if you ask me.

Aye, tucking their trackie bottoms into their socks is about as much as some of them can ever hope to achieve in their miserable life.
9th April 2010 07:49 AM
JTH Offline

First Team Starter
No Open Top Bus

Typical why do our Chavvie little horrible shits have to copy scousers beggars belief
9th April 2010 08:02 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
No Open Top Bus

NE1 Wrote:Aye, tucking their trackie bottoms into their socks is about as much as some of them can ever hope to achieve in their miserable life.

Big Grin

You're a funny guy, that's why I'm going to kill you last.
9th April 2010 09:17 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
No Open Top Bus

The Steve Wrote:Why don't they do a parade? It's a great achievement if you ask me.

As been said many times, it's a good achievement, but essentially, just a correction of a mistake.

Do you applaud yourself when you use tipex?
9th April 2010 09:35 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
No Open Top Bus

Big Grin

Strange but funny analogy...
9th April 2010 09:37 AM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter
No Open Top Bus

KK's team had an open top bus parade and around 250,000 turned out for it, I stood precariously on the top of a bayed window near Luckies to see.

It was a good day of optimism for the future.

I don't think it would be the same if they agreed to it this time, the feeling just isn't the same.

Anyone who experienced the last promotion will know what I mean.
9th April 2010 09:03 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
No Open Top Bus

So essentially it's fuck anyone under the age of 30 who could really enjoy the last promotion?

I'm sick of these old cynics saying that "It won't be the same as '93". Bollocks...why shouldn't it be? This could be the start of something really big for us now that we are rid of a lot of high earners and deadwood and people dont want to celebrate it.

I wonder if Keegan or Shearer were back in the hotseat if people wouldn't be crying out for a parade?
11th April 2010 10:15 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
No Open Top Bus

Just think of the bile us winning the title will give those smoggies and mackems Steve, That must be better than a parade.
11th April 2010 10:50 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
No Open Top Bus

The Steve Wrote:I wonder if Keegan or Shearer were back in the hotseat if people wouldn't be crying out for a parade?

I think KK or Shearer would be the first to admit that this doesn't deserve a parade.

Nobody is saying don't celebrate it or don't enjoy it man, but a parade is too far.
11th April 2010 10:56 AM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter
No Open Top Bus

Steve I am very happy we have been promoted and hope we can challenge for Europe next season, but trust me there is no feel good factor this time.

Most people I speak to including the young 'uns feel next season we will do well to finish mid table.

When we were promoted in '93 there was genuine belief we could challenge for Europe straight away.
11th April 2010 10:58 AM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter
No Open Top Bus

richyNUFC Wrote:As been said many times, it's a good achievement, but essentially, just a correction of a mistake.

Do you applaud yourself when you use tipex?

Oddly, after using a tip-ex mouse the other day at work I said to myself "You've done that well"
11th April 2010 11:03 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
No Open Top Bus

LeazesLoyal Wrote:Steve I am very happy we have been promoted and hope we can challenge for Europe next season, but trust me there is no feel good factor this time.

Most people I speak to including the young 'uns feel next season we will do well to finish mid table.

When we were promoted in '93 there was genuine belief we could challenge for Europe straight away.

I agree.

I do think this is to do with football in general though, rather than a lack of ambition in the management and players. Maybe a slight lack of ambition from our owner aswell perhaps... Big Grin

I just don't see any promoted side challenging the top 4 in their first season these days, as even the the sides who finish 5th and 6th in the PL will struggle to break into it.
11th April 2010 11:03 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
No Open Top Bus

LeazesLoyal Wrote:Steve I am very happy we have been promoted and hope we can challenge for Europe next season, but trust me there is no feel good factor this time.

I'm of the same belief, but it's nice to celebrate something instead of worrying that the mackems will think we are small time for enjoying what has been a tremendous season.
11th April 2010 01:05 PM
Thread Closed