Thread Closed 
transfer kitty
jack Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
transfer kitty

i will wager anyone that fatso will give hughton a minimum of 20 million this summer.

why am i so confident? its his one and only chance to finally attempt to redemm himself and curry some favour (not flavour) with his customer's..US.

watch this space i tell thee 20 mill minimum.
8th April 2010 03:22 PM
Find all posts by this user
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular
transfer kitty

I reckon £15mill, and most of that will come from player sales.

I expect more of the same from the fat bastard.
8th April 2010 03:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Tight_Ass_Bramble Offline

Chairman
transfer kitty

Net spend WILL be less than £20m. Mark my words.
8th April 2010 03:29 PM
davenufc Offline

Reserve Team
transfer kitty

even if he does put 20 million up for transfers its not enough, players dont come cheap these days ...... esspecially the good ones
8th April 2010 03:49 PM
Rod100 Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
transfer kitty

15million isnt it.

struggle ahead.
8th April 2010 04:25 PM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
transfer kitty

We don't know. The papers don't know. Chances are fat Mike doesn't know, yet. If he manages to not fuck everything up by pretending to sell the club again, I would expect him to invest, but not too heavily because all of his advisors will be pointing out that we're not that great, and we're a decent shout to get relegated straight away.

Now, if we're lucky that will bring out the gambler in him, and he might bet big to reap the big rewards - i.e. invest properly to ensure we stay up, and even attain a decent position.

Equally, he might feel that he's already had his finger's burnt once and that he won't invest more than a fraction of his potential income to try and cushion the blow when we get relegated again.

To us, the first choice is a no brainer, I suppose. Staying in the PL is worth more than getting relegated, financially so everyone's a winner: we get to celebrate our team not being complete ratshit, and he gets to trouser some more cash.

But, from his point of view he invested "heavily" last time in the likes of Barton, Coloccini, Enrique (over 20 million just for those 3) etc who just didn't cut the mustard and still got us relegated. Why take the risk that the next £10m international he buys isn't also going to be wank in the PL? Better to buy some nobody from the Shetland U-17 squad and hope he turns out to be the next Pele. Get it right you look like a genius, get it wrong and you've lost nothing.

Plus I also get the impression there is no such thing as a transfer warchest, anyway. That's just a media conception designed to get fans talking and avidly reading whatever gossip the sportswriters made up over the camparis. I suspect if Hughton bought a handful of players up to the value that Ashley has in his head, then they suddenly saw some wunderkind available for half a million, that they'd go buy him as well.
8th April 2010 04:44 PM
Rod100 Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
transfer kitty

those 3 players you mention - well 2 of them - have been our most consistent performers this season.

when we got relegated we had no one player that stood head and shoulders above the others; the squad got us relegated.

those same players barring a few and the odd shithouse that have left have got us promoted. leads me to believe that either A) none of them are good enough for the PL and B) some of them are to good for the championship.

as much as i think hughton deserves credit - and he jolly well does - i am sceptical of his ability as a manager in the PL after watching how our side turned out when he had those games in charge; buts thats another thread.

we need a decent RB, probably another CB, a quality CM that can unlock defences, has pace/skill/vision/flair etc, a RW and another forward.

those arent going to come cheap Smile

edit - as long as my arsehole points down there is no way ashley will 'gamble' and lavish money on the club. we'll be up for sale and more attractive now we're promoted. he's been burnt by the club and had to put in to keep it afloat - he's not going to spunk much else on it IMO.

i do hope i am wrong though Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 8th April 2010 05:28 PM by Rod100.)
8th April 2010 05:26 PM
jack Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
transfer kitty

all of us have good reason to doubt anything fatso say's tbh but ive just got a feeling he will get his head down and really try and do the right thing for once.
i am in no way shape or form sticking up for the cunt here but as i say just a feeling ive been having that maybe its a about time he at least gave it a good go and attempted to do summik right for a change.

probly wishfull thinking on my part but lets wait n see..
8th April 2010 05:36 PM
toonarmy10 Offline

Reserve Team
transfer kitty

didnt he say it was 15 mill and to be in the mid table would be the goal

15mill these days doesnt even buy you a leg of a half decent player
8th April 2010 05:46 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
transfer kitty

Ashley out
8th April 2010 06:48 PM
Tboz Offline

Youth Team
transfer kitty

Past windows suggest that we'll be shopping in the bargain basement with free transfers and those at the end their contracts and that Ashley will be looking to make his usual transfer window profit, not a loss.
8th April 2010 07:39 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
transfer kitty

i predict ashley will be raping pompeys team when season is over
8th April 2010 07:41 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
transfer kitty

Quote:I reckon £15mill, and most of that will come from player sales.

I expect more of the same from the fat bastard.

Exactly m8 it sounds a lot but it isnt considering he will be getting £10m+ for Taylor if he is sold.
9th April 2010 01:04 AM
14andout Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
transfer kitty

I would like to think that Ashley is trying to make up for his mistakes and has realised he needs to invest to survive. Still has a long way to go until I am won over though.
9th April 2010 01:05 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
transfer kitty

He cant do anything to appease the fans bar selling up.
9th April 2010 01:11 AM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
transfer kitty

Which, if he were to put the club on the market at the end of the season, would fuck us completely for next season.
9th April 2010 07:43 AM
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter
transfer kitty

Exactly, I think Ashley is fed up with all that as much as we are... Maybe he knows he's lumbered with us and he has to make a fist of it
9th April 2010 07:49 AM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
transfer kitty

My guess (hope?) is that he's seen that trying to flog the club like a discount tracksuit is not going to make his fortune back - the big money buyers come in for going concerns, not gone ones.

His best bet to make a lot of money out of the sale of NUFC is to make us successful enough that prospective buyers have to beg him to sell, like he did with SJH.
9th April 2010 07:54 AM
Thread Closed