Jonas fuming after raid on mum's home

Thread Closed 

omenator Offline

Owner

FOOTBALL shirts lovingly collected by Toon star Jonas Gutierrez throughout his career have been stolen in a raid on his mother’s home in Argentina.

The Newcastle United winger has told of his anger after hearing that his treasured strips were taken in the break-in, during which the apartment was trashed.

His mum, Monica, said her son was devastated at the loss of the tops, which hold huge sentimental value and represent proud memories from his playing career.

And she has now pleaded with the thieves to return the haul.

She said: “They stole loads of shirts that Jonas had collected throughout his football career.

“When I spoke to my son, he was worried about the theft of the shirts, and no wonder, as each one is part of his life and each one marks an important memory in his career.

“I appeal for them to be returned as they have no value to the thieves.”

The break-in at the apartment, in the Villa Devoto neighbourhood of Buenos Aires, happened on Sunday night.

Thieves forced their way in through a window.

And once inside they trashed the home before fleeing with the shirts, as well as three computers, cameras and cash.

Thankfully no one was in the flat at the time of the raid.

But Monica was left shocked and upset by the mess the burglars left behind.

“The burglars entered by forcing a window at the back of the building,” she said.

“The place was a disaster, they had overturned everything.

“Luckily nobody was at home, so the shock was not so big, but to enter our home and see all this mess was horrible.

“They also stole some computers and some money but what was really important was the shirts.”

Police are investigating the robbery, but have yet to make any arrests.

After hearing about the break-in, Gutierrez, 28, took to the social networking site Twitter to vent his anger at the burglars and express his relief that none of his family were hurt.

Tweeting in his native Spanish, he wrote: “I’m never going to understand how there are people who act in this way.

“What’s important is that nothing has happened to my family – material things come and go.”

Gutierrez has become a cult figure at Newcastle United thanks to his forays down the wing.

He later tweeted a message to follow professional Pierre Webo, who he played with at Mallorca, thanking God that no one had been home during the raid.
23rd February 2012 07:35 PM
Find all posts by this user
Geordie_leg Offline

First Team Regular
RE: Jonas fuming after raid on mum's home

Thats the Argies for you....worse than dippers Wink
23rd February 2012 07:39 PM
Swyer87 Offline

First Team Starter

Fucking scummers, must be devastating for Guti
24th February 2012 09:20 AM
Stoner Offline

First Team Regular

Being burgled is horrible. It's like your house has been raped.
24th February 2012 02:34 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(24th February 2012 02:34 PM)Stoner Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Being burgled is horrible. It's like your house has been raped.

In both scenarios, it takes a prick of large proportions to commit the act.
24th February 2012 04:29 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

Monica!?!
24th February 2012 04:47 PM
Irish Magpie Offline

First Team Starter

Our house was broken into about 5 or 6 years ago, all that was taken was about €700 cash and I had to replace the back door.The insurance covered everything but the Wife could never settle in the house again.

We've moved twice since, I doubt a thief could even find the house now, we're in such a remote area. I still set the alarm every night when I'm going to bed, I lock the bedroom door and I have a hurley stick at the head of my bed.

If anyone were to come into the house uninvited and with the intention of doing harm while I'm here they'll have to be carried out. The law has changed over here and you're well within your rights to use any force necessary if you feel threatened in your own home.
24th February 2012 10:23 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

Quite right too, i'd beat an intruder to a tattoo on the carpet. Cowardly scum.
24th February 2012 11:06 PM
Stoner Offline

First Team Regular

On the second occasion that my marital home was broken into, my husband came home and caught them. He picked up an axe from the yard and, having taken his wellies off in the porch (god, I trained that man well) he pinned them to the kitchen floor while threatening to do all manner of ungodly things with the axe. He was probably pretty scary - one of them pissed himself in fear.
They were unfortunate to be the second set of burglars within a year. The first ones had got away with everything of value (either fiscal or sentimental) and had left me so unsettled that I couldn't go back to an empty house for about three months. My husband was just waiting for it to happen again so that he could tell a burglar exactly what he thought of them.

Now that I live alone I sleep with a baseball bat (Wilson is it's name) propped up by my bedroom door in case any unwelcome guests come calling.
24th February 2012 11:26 PM
Irish Magpie Offline

First Team Starter

By the door? You foolish fool! They'll pick Wilson up on the way in the door and use him to violate you in unspeakable and unimaginable ways.
24th February 2012 11:31 PM
wibble999 Offline

Reserve Team

(24th February 2012 10:23 PM)Irish Magpie Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Our house was broken into about 5 or 6 years ago, all that was taken was about €700 cash and I had to replace the back door.The insurance covered everything but the Wife could never settle in the house again.

We've moved twice since, I doubt a thief could even find the house now, we're in such a remote area. I still set the alarm every night when I'm going to bed, I lock the bedroom door and I have a hurley stick at the head of my bed.

If anyone were to come into the house uninvited and with the intention of doing harm while I'm here they'll have to be carried out. The law has changed over here and you're well within your rights to use any force necessary if you feel threatened in your own home.
theres no way you had 700 notes lying about in the house-definately took advantage of the insurance policy there like-must be a horrible thing to happen though and luckily never happened to me-i have a 10 month old daughter and wouldnt think twice about killing any cunt that broke into my house- to protect her
(This post was last modified: 24th February 2012 11:41 PM by wibble999.)
24th February 2012 11:40 PM
Irish Magpie Offline

First Team Starter

Of course I had €700 in the house, why wouldn't I? It wasn't even a weeks wages at the time. I have a 5 month old and it certainly changes the way I look at things.
24th February 2012 11:43 PM
wibble999 Offline

Reserve Team

(24th February 2012 11:43 PM)Irish Magpie Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Of course I had €700 in the house, why wouldn't I? It wasn't even a weeks wages at the time. I have a 5 month old and it certainly changes the way I look at things.
sorry didnt know tattie pickin paid so well, aye it changes things when you have a little un-can i call you mate yet?
24th February 2012 11:50 PM
Irish Magpie Offline

First Team Starter

You can if as long as you don't make any more mildly racist remarks about tattie pickin. I ordinarily respond quite badly to that sort of thing.

Rant

See?
24th February 2012 11:55 PM
wibble999 Offline

Reserve Team

(24th February 2012 11:55 PM)Irish Magpie Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.You can if as long as you don't make any more mildly racist remarks about tattie pickin. I ordinarily respond quite badly to that sort of thing.

Rant

See?

haha,ok mate
(This post was last modified: 25th February 2012 12:00 AM by wibble999.)
24th February 2012 11:59 PM

Thread Closed