Thread Closed 
Lmfao Now Guti come out and says he wants to stay..
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter

Now is this some sort of Pattern 1st Enrique Now Guti Next Colo..

JONÁS Gutiérrez knows there will be plenty of changes this summer as Newcastle strengthen the squad for a Premier League return – but the Argentina international does not want to go anywhere.

Gutiérrez has been one of Newcastle’s star performers in the Championship and, having rejected the chance to leave last summer, there is no way he wants to depart now the Tynesiders are back in the top flight.

The 26-year-old (pictured right) did well enough in the Premier League in his first season in English football, but that first foray ended in disappointment and relegation and, with his family happy and settled in Newcastle, Gutiérrez is looking forward to the challenge of re-establishing the Magpies in the top flight.

He said: “I want to stay. My family is happy in Newcastle and that is very important for me. You never know what is going to happen in football, when we went down I said I never wanted to leave and that has not changed.

“I want to play for Newcastle United in the Premier League for the next few years. I know José (Enrique) has said he wants to play here for the rest of his career, but it is a little different for me because my home is in Argentina, not Spain, so it’s easier for him.

“I don’t know how long I’m going to be playing in Europe but if I can, I’d like to play for a lot of years here at Newcastle. I love this club.”

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcas...-26188755/
7th April 2010 08:46 AM
Find all posts by this user
viana45 Offline

Banned

He never said he wants to leave since he signed

great player
great lad
7th April 2010 09:32 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

Well they will all be on a high, and are all going to be quizzed by the local journo's and they will naturally be saying these things.

Hope its all true, but you can imagine that if a hard offer comes in from a biggish club, they will be offski!
7th April 2010 09:36 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

viana45 Wrote:He never said he wants to leave since he signed

great player
great lad

He wasn't sure he wanted to stay.

He wanted to be in the World Cup squad and he "knew Newcastle wouldn't let him leave" so he was upset until "Diego helped to calm me down when Newcastle slipped into the second division last season. He said he didn't care which division I was playing in as the most important thing to him is to have players playing well."
7th April 2010 10:18 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

Lucian Wrote:Now is this some sort of Pattern 1st Enrique Now Guti Next Colo..

Figs...Coloccini Big Grin

"This season we have had to battle and scrap for every point – it has been difficult but at last we have achieved our objective. For me as a footballer, playing in the Premier League is where I want to be and why I signed for this great club and to be playing in the best league in the world means so much.

“Yes, I want to go to the World Cup finals with my country, but I know that if I want to be selected in the future, playing at the top level is where I need to be. This club belongs in the top half of the Premier League and that’s where we aim to go now.

“We wanted to win even though we knew it was already confirmed that we were promoted. The fans were brilliant and we couldn’t go out there and let them down – we had to win the game against Sheffield as well.

They want us to be in the Premier League next season. Now we have delivered that. They are possibly the best fans in the world and I have a lot of affection for them - to hear them sing my name is amazing.

"It just makes you want to win every game for them, every tackle and get every pass right. My aim is to stay at the club and help us climb up the Premier League next season, even if there are a going to be some tough battles ahead."
7th April 2010 10:19 AM
ColoradoMagpie Offline

Reserve Team

Can't hold it against a guy to want to play in the World Cup and play for a Club that would get him there. That one issue asside, my recollection is that our spanish-speaking guys (Guti, Bull, sideshow Bob) have been VERY supportive of NUFC after relegation and through the fizzy pop fight. We have many we can slag off, but not these guys.
8th April 2010 08:16 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

ColoradoMagpie Wrote:Can't hold it against a guy to want to play in the World Cup and play for a Club that would get him there. That one issue asside, my recollection is that our spanish-speaking guys (Guti, Bull, sideshow Bob) have been VERY supportive of NUFC after relegation and through the fizzy pop fight. We have many we can slag off, but not these guys.

Too right mate, all 3 would be in most folks top 5 performers of the season.
8th April 2010 08:20 PM
Thread Closed