Thread Closed 
Assuming Watford go into Administration.
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

How many clubs is that now that have been forced into administration?

If you credit check almost any football club in this country a big red flashy light comes up.

Technically I think almost all are insolvent and but for wealthy benefactors they'd all be fucked.

Football has at some point got to start running itself like any normal business and live within it's means.

The big clubs who are frightened of competition would still have the upper hand as their incomes would far outstrip the rest anyway.

Of all the nonsense we have heard from MIke Ashley the only bit I have agreed with is that the finances of football clubs simply don't add up.

You can't continually keep paying out more than you generate in income, just think if you kept doing that yourself - your home would soon be repossessed and you'd be out on the street.

A football world that lived within it's means might even see a return to fairer priced tickets, a more competitive FA Cup and league and an end to arsehole multi-millionaire average to shyte footballers playing the big 'un down their respective towns.

Could it ever happen?

Only if Chairmen and owners got some bollocks and when the likes of Harewood ask for £25k a week contracts they just laugh and say is that per year son?

It is sad to see so many clubs being ruined by overstretching themselves chasing the impossible dream.

Some people say you have to spend to keep up with the others, but only because the others are over stretching themselves.

I never understand modern football club finances - constantly on the brink of going bust - I'd laugh my tits of if Abramovich called in his loans at Chelsea - they'd be bust overnight.

Massive Citeh are heading down the same route.
(This post was last modified: 19th December 2009 11:08 AM by LeazesLoyal.)
19th December 2009 11:04 AM
Find all posts by this user
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

Bit late now mate, Watford are ok.

No admin worries for this season.
19th December 2009 11:05 AM
Jason Mackemtears

Unregistered

I`d truely love to to go Tits up at Massive Man Citeh.
19th December 2009 11:14 AM
McCreery Online

First Team Regular

are you one of those fat cunts that gets there tops off?
19th December 2009 11:15 AM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

LeazesLoyal Wrote:How many clubs is that now that have been forced into administration?

If you credit check almost any football club in this country a big red flashy light comes up.

Technically I think almost all are insolvent and but for wealthy benefactors they'd all be fucked.

Football has at some point got to start running itself like any normal business and live within it's means.

The big clubs who are frightened of competition would still have the upper hand as their incomes would far outstrip the rest anyway.

Of all the nonsense we have heard from MIke Ashley the only bit I have agreed with is that the finances of football clubs simply don't add up.

You can't continually keep paying out more than you generate in income, just think if you kept doing that yourself - your home would soon be repossessed and you'd be out on the street.

A football world that lived within it's means might even see a return to fairer priced tickets, a more competitive FA Cup and league and an end to arsehole multi-millionaire average to shyte footballers playing the big 'un down their respective towns.

Could it ever happen?

Only if Chairmen and owners got some bollocks and when the likes of Harewood ask for £25k a week contracts they just laugh and say is that per year son?

It is sad to see so many clubs being ruined by overstretching themselves chasing the impossible dream.

Some people say you have to spend to keep up with the others, but only because the others are over stretching themselves.

I never understand modern football club finances - constantly on the brink of going bust - I'd laugh my tits of if Abramovich called in his loans at Chelsea - they'd be bust overnight.

Spot on. Football has been flying by the skin of it's arse for years, a salary cap or wages relating to turnover must be implemented and rigourously enforced. As usual though, it will take someone in the Prem (pumpey?) to go tits up before someone acts.
19th December 2009 11:17 AM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

LeazesLoyal Wrote:How many clubs is that now that have been forced into administration?

Could it ever happen?

Clubs running on massive debts like Man U and Liverpool make the idea of competition redundant. It must be stopped.

However even if half the league went bust I personally couldn't give a fuck. If people can't be arsed to turn up to their local club then they don't deserve a professional club.

If we have to go back to the days of part-time clubs and a 3rd div North and South so be it. If 92 clubs is unsustainable that is the nature of business. If Mickey Mouse clubs like Boro, Pompey, Watford etc go to the wall then good. They were fighting above their weight due to over spending and benefactors and their gates do not deserve top football. Pompey are now simply paying the price for over stretching themselves when they were winning the FA Cup. Their fans were happy then - so they have to take the bad times too.

Fuck em all!
19th December 2009 12:29 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

Hehehe..

Are you Freddy Shepherd..??
19th December 2009 03:17 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

They have a similar model in France I think, where a club can only spend on transfers and wages in proportion to their income, which means the whole league is loaded in favour of a handful of clubs, which is why Marseille walk off with the league title every year.

Look at Real Madrid now, it's absurd they can spend so much so recklessly, yet they'll never have to suffer for it. Didn't the government wipe their debt out a few years back, and now they're accruing even more of it? Some clubs think they're untouchable, but a few clubs probably are, and they're the ones running the show. Clubs all over the world need to start going under for a proper system of change, as ti stands now, I would think FIFA would be over the moon if most of the Prem went bust.
19th December 2009 03:28 PM
Miklos_Dora Offline

Youth Team

NUFC, to be fair, have been one of the worst for over paying players but then they've had to otherwise players would not have come. The huge debts at NUFC were from Shepherd's mismanagement in overspending and also making money out of the club.

Oh and Marseille haven't won the league since the early 90s and I think they did that by cheating and bribing officials (wasn't it Bernard Tapie).
19th December 2009 04:46 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

Who am I thinking of then? Lyon is it? Mind is a bit fuzzy today.
19th December 2009 04:50 PM
Miklos_Dora Offline

Youth Team

Yeah, Lyon won it something stupid like 9 times in a row.
19th December 2009 04:53 PM
Thread Closed