Faroe Islands trialists!

The Steve Wrote:Correctamundo.

Not another shit Brazilian Sad
18th December 2009 01:45 PM
Find all posts by this user
Jinkyjim Online

First Team Regular
Faroe Islands trialists!

The Man, who sat a season and a half with SMITH on his back, will oversee possible Strikers for The TOON.....
18th December 2009 01:45 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain
Faroe Islands trialists!

Jinkyjim Wrote:The Man, who sat a season and a half with SMITH on his back, will oversee possible Strikers for The TOON.....

a going away present for us.
18th December 2009 01:52 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular
Faroe Islands trialists!

richyNUFC Wrote:Exactly.

You can, however, judge a player by getting him on trial and witnessing him actually play the game, rather than looking at his nationality...

cak man.

Faroe Islands have an international side and by now these two would have shone. You are basically giving credit to Ashley and Lamearse here. "OOh, been at Man Shitty, must be good" says Lameo.

Oh howay man!

Does it take a genius to have proper scouts in hotbeds of foota like Holland, Africa and S America.

I bet you all a BILLION quid that these two will not get a contract.

Yet more pathetic media spin form The NUFC Kremlin implying we are scouring the globe for the best in young players.

Load of fucking bollocks from start to finish, all instigated by an agent trying to turn a fast buck.

Sorry to sound so negative, but I'm just trying to sound a note of realism here. Christ, I'd much rather see lads from Ashington etc getting the same sort of run out chances. There's a reason why our shite club doesn't get lads like Shearer and Carrick first time round. :mad:
18th December 2009 09:07 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
Faroe Islands trialists!

These Faroeish lads may well not get a contract, but I think the point I and a few others are trying to make is that you can't judge a player based on his nationality. Not all young kids from Holland and South America are going to be a van Basten or Messi.

It costs nowt to have a look at these lads. If they're shit, so be it. If they're decent then all the better surely.
19th December 2009 12:45 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular
Faroe Islands trialists!

The Steve Wrote:These Faroeish lads may well not get a contract, but I think the point I and a few others are trying to make is that you can't judge a player based on his nationality. Not all young kids from Holland and South America are going to be a van Basten or Messi.

It costs nowt to have a look at these lads. If they're shit, so be it. If they're decent then all the better surely.

no, it does cost. it takes resources time and effort away from what we ought to be doing and that is scouting the same areas the proper big clubs do.

of course nationality in itself is meaningless, but where these two are from is a joke. I admire the streak of internationalism being represented on this thread, but I feel it is misplaced in this instance.

Your point about Holland and S America is a fallacious one. The relative population and history of these areas necessitates a strong NUFC scouting network there - not some ridiculous back water where the population is outnumbered by seals.

This whole thing is indicative of the lack of footballing savvy at NUFC.

When clubs like Everton produce good young players you have to wonder why NUFC are not doing the same in this hot bed of soccer. There should not be a top youngster ever allowed to slip through our fingers locally.
That is where looking at a couple of Vikings is wrong.
(This post was last modified: 19th December 2009 12:56 PM by The_Flaming_Lip.)
19th December 2009 12:53 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
Faroe Islands trialists!

This is true. I think it's improving however. A lad I sit next to at the match has a son who plays for the under 16's and he reckons that the academy has a great future with some cracking kids.

Remember it was Keegan who scrapped the reserves all those years ago. That put us 5 or 6 years behind everyone else because we didn't have anywhere to blood in youngsters, thus putting them off coming to us when they could go to Sunderland or Boro and work their way through the ranks.
19th December 2009 01:17 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Faroe Islands trialists!

The_Flaming_Lip Wrote:cak man.

Faroe Islands have an international side and by now these two would have shone. You are basically giving credit to Ashley and Lamearse here. "OOh, been at Man Shitty, must be good" says Lameo.

Oh howay man!

Does it take a genius to have proper scouts in hotbeds of foota like Holland, Africa and S America.

We're not actually scouting over there man Lip. Brian Kerr is coaching the Faroes, Hughton was his assistant at Ireland...he'll have passed these two onto Chris Hughton for a look.

They may or may not prove to be good enough, but they both played 90 minutes in a behind closed doors game this week, with Hughton looking on.

Can't see the harm in it, and I can't see how they can be judged on their nationality.
19th December 2009 04:29 PM
KenHentze Offline

Youth Team
Faroe Islands trialists!

I see some of you talking about the Faroe Islands, and the population and that Newcastle shouldnt take trialists from such a small country..

Well, i see why you migth think that, but the truth is that Christian and Johan have played with the Faroese u21 and got great results in the time u21 has been in the Faroe Islands wich is approx 4 years i think, for example they won 1-0 against Russia at home, where Johan scored the match winning Goal. Johan, has played a couple A-International team games, and the lad is 18 years old.. Believe me, if we dont take him in, Man City, or a big name club probably will.
25th December 2009 02:38 AM
takemedrunkimhome Offline

Reserve Team
Faroe Islands trialists!

cant see the problem myself like. not like we are paying them mega cash to play for us. a trial does no harm. thats how we found out pancrate was decent enough. so why couldnt either of these two.

so theyre from the faroe islands. so fuck. if they are good enough whats the problem?

nd welcome KenHentze nice to see someone with eyes on them over there so we can get a decent report instead of youtube clips. even thought its a small country you have to have some talent to break into the main international team at 18
25th December 2009 02:43 AM
Thread Closed