Thread Closed 
who was it who said that sparky was a good manager??
wotsits Offline

Youth Team

Brassneck Wrote:ofcourse they shud, but unfortunately they didn`t and as a result we are huffing and puffing against the scunthorpes and shit.

If and when someone comes here and throws money around again,.i`m sure no-one on here would turn there nose up at any of the players you`ve mentioned,...santa cruz, adebayor, tevez, barry, bellaz (coughs), SWP and robinho are all quality players, but are being held back by having a manager who has no clue about how to manage them properly.

true i wouldnt complain having those players in the squad, in fact id give my right arm for them to be in our squad.
but if we were trying to win the title or even try and convincingly get in to the top four those players wouldnt ste my pulse racing.
For me there just not that good!!
18th December 2009 02:42 PM
Find all posts by this user
richyNUFC Online

First Team Regular

Adebayor and Robinho could be key players to a title winning side, Tevez maybe a squad player like he was at Man Utd but not really a key player, the others are all good players but they would be lucky to get a game at Man United or Chelsea.
18th December 2009 03:14 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

wotsits Wrote:true i wouldnt complain having those players in the squad, in fact id give my right arm for them to be in our squad.
but if we were trying to win the title or even try and convincingly get in to the top four those players wouldnt ste my pulse racing.
For me there just not that good!!

like i said they are all excellent players,..Tevez has probably been the pick of the bunch in recent games, the guys pace and skill is awesome, and not many prem defenders can cope with him really, barry has not yet settled, SWP has been a bit inconsistent, adebayor can be awesome on his day.

The job of bringing all this talent together and moulding it into an organised side, to defend well and create chances, whilst keeping them all happy is not an easy one,..hughes is out of his depth, and will be gone soon, just hope we don`t end up with the cuntBig Grin
18th December 2009 03:35 PM
wotsits Offline

Youth Team

i just think to be in the "top four" you need a couple of truly exceptional players that make the difference.
Chelsea - lampard, terry, drogba
Arsenal - van persie, fabregas, arshavin
Liverpool - gerrard, torres
man u - rooney, giggs, vidic

city havent got that player because a lot of their star players were offloaded by the top 4!

I still wouldnt want hughes id rather hughton. but would take hughes over jfk!!!!
18th December 2009 04:19 PM
adam Offline

Youth Team

Adebayor, Given, Tevez, Robinho, Ireland
18th December 2009 04:39 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Agree with adam those players he mentions are cracking players who all the other clubs mentioned would have in their team and manure wanted Tevez to stay.
18th December 2009 08:41 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

DML2 Wrote:I think there's a lot of bullshit about managers spouted by people within the game, jobs fotr the boys syndrome. They take a simple game and talk it up into something it's not. Most ordinary folk could do the fuckin job just as well.

Mourinho never played the game but is one of the best in the business.

me and my mate (yes, I have one. Well, an associate) have a theory. 99% of managers are thick as two short planks and the ones that succeed are bascially the ones that make fewest mistakes and have a modicum of intelligence.

The rest of football is populated by idiot ex-pro footballers...........
18th December 2009 09:29 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

adam Wrote:Adebayor, Given, Tevez, Robinho, Ireland

well judging by wotsits criteria the only one you have mentioned that is a quality player is Robinho - and Hughes simply cannot handle him.

If the likes of Given were that good they would be playing for Man U or Chelsea now.
18th December 2009 09:31 PM
DML2 Offline

Youth Team

The_Flaming_Lip Wrote:me and my mate (yes, I have one. Well, an associate) have a theory. 99% of managers are thick as two short planks and the ones that succeed are bascially the ones that make fewest mistakes and have a modicum of intelligence.

The rest of football is populated by idiot ex-pro footballers...........

Well that's three of us who agree!
18th December 2009 10:58 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

Big Grin
DML2 Wrote:Well that's three of us who agree!
19th December 2009 01:06 AM
omenator

Unregistered

just a train of thought i had the other day, how many succesful players have went on to be top managers, and how many were mediocre players turned out to be top managers.

Do top players turn into top players, or is the trend that mediocre players turn out to be the better managers
19th December 2009 01:28 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

They reckon Clough was a cracking player until he done his cruciate in. he scored 251 goals in 274 appearances christ thats class.
19th December 2009 03:04 AM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter

Sparky going to get the sack even if they win against Sunderland anyhow...
19th December 2009 08:50 AM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

omenator Wrote:just a train of thought i had the other day, how many succesful players have went on to be top managers, and how many were mediocre players turned out to be top managers.

Do top players turn into top players, or is the trend that mediocre players turn out to be the better managers

Its the Mediocre players who go on to be really successfull mangagers.

Because they are medicore players, whilst playing, they had to think about the game alot more to "make the level". Now, they reap the rewards when they have finished playing.

Watch out for Lee Clarke... you never know.
19th December 2009 10:10 AM
Geordie_leg Offline

First Team Regular

A few questions
If you had a choice of NUFCs manager being Wenger or Mourinho who would you want ?

And what are peoples opinions on Roy Hodgson?
19th December 2009 11:04 AM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

Mourinho.
19th December 2009 11:08 AM
Texasmag Offline

First Team Regular

Mourinho.
Hodgson has done a good job at Fulham. Something I didn't think he would achieve.
19th December 2009 11:27 AM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

NE1 Wrote:Its the Mediocre players who go on to be really successfull mangagers.

Because they are medicore players, whilst playing, they had to think about the game alot more to "make the level". Now, they reap the rewards when they have finished playing.

Watch out for Lee Clarke... you never know.

the best manager ever was also a great player. Cloughie was a genius.

but I agree with your sentiment, lot of truth in it.
19th December 2009 12:47 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

Geordie_leg Wrote:A few questions
If you had a choice of NUFCs manager being Wenger or Mourinho who would you want ?

And what are peoples opinions on Roy Hodgson?

Wenger. He has built the Arse from top to bottom, had a vast network of scouts throughout the world, its rare he buys a flop, doesnt need to spend to the insane level as his competitors and his footballing philosophy can not be questioned.

Hodgesons work at Fulham has been very admirable, they were certs to go down when he was brought in.
19th December 2009 01:48 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

I have said in the past that I think Mark Hughes is a decent manager, he did some excellent work when Wales manager, and got Blackburn into Europe with next to no money.

I don't think this Man City job is right for him at all though. He likes solid players like Barry, Given, Parker, and his owners want Kaka, Ronaldo, Messi etc..it's not going to work. Ironically, it's been the less spectacular buys, Mark Hughes buys if you like, that have been the better signings, Bellamy looks like their best striker most days. It does make you wonder who is running the show there.

He's under too much pressure to survive now though. Apart from the money involved, if the owners are trying to use the club as some kind of national statement, then I would want something a bit more spectacular. He'll probably have until the end of the season, but unless they're top four he'll be out on his arse.
19th December 2009 02:20 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

oh,...so it was you who said that sparky was a good manager??? Big Grin

HE`S BEEN SACKED NOW...!!!,..oh dear
19th December 2009 10:28 PM
Jackal Offline

Youth Team

I think he is a good manager. Just presently not capable for this type of role.

Unfortunate for him, but I dare sat he'll 'bounce back', Aah-Ha!
19th December 2009 10:51 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

oh, i`m sure he`ll come back as a premiership boss,..wonder who`s next for the boot,..between zola and tango-man probably Big Grin
20th December 2009 08:53 AM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

West Ham can't afford to sack anyone, they haven't got two silver pennies to scratch their arse with, and Tango Man has probably done enough to buy himself a bit of time.

I fancy a punt on Rafa to get the boot if they fuck up their next home game.
20th December 2009 09:45 AM
Brassneck

Unregistered

but can wet spam afford to be relegated again.??...zolas taking them down, just get rid and offer sparky the job he may keep them up, and then maintain their mid-table status for many a year Big Grin
20th December 2009 09:53 AM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

Hughes for Newcastle next season?

He didn't fit in with the Citeh big boys, but a teeny tiny little club like ours could do with a run of the mill Prem manager who can bring the best out of solid pros - if only to get us embedded back in the top division.

There's one thing for sure - if we go up I think it would be a mistake to stick with Hughton. As much as I admire what he is doing right now, next season will be a whole different ball game.
20th December 2009 10:28 AM
Texasmag Offline

First Team Regular

Could be Rafa. Then again if Manure keep losing what about Fergie? Nobody is indispensable.
20th December 2009 02:10 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

Hmmmm, maybe. I cannot see anyone firing Ferguson. It's a fairly open Prem this season, and all the top teams are dropping points. Difference between Rafa and Taggart is that Taggart has form for coming back and snatching the title, and is still in the better European competition.

The Spanish one is looking well fucked to me. It's only the fans keeping him there now. Once he loses those, he's had it.
20th December 2009 03:07 PM
omenator

Unregistered

The_Flaming_Lip Wrote:There's one thing for sure - if we go up I think it would be a mistake to stick with Hughton. As much as I admire what he is doing right now, next season will be a whole different ball game.

funnily enough lip was talking to mates down the pub about the same thing, reckon if hughton gets promoted he should be moved back into the coaching side of things, just so he doesn't go the way of roeder

like him as a person and would hate to see him thanked for the work this season to be sacked a few games into the next season
20th December 2009 03:46 PM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter

i would rather have sparky as manager over hughton and let him go back to coaching..
20th December 2009 03:47 PM
Thread Closed