Thread Closed 
plymouth argyle cup tickets?and tips for coming down here
exiled geordie Offline

Youth Team

Hello, I live in plymouth due to being in the Navy, does anyone know how many tickets are likely to still be left on the 21st through the ticket office online? to save me having to buy one from down here and sitting with the home fans? If your planning on drinking before the game give weatherspoons opposite the ground a wide berth as its full of charvas looking for bother and stay clear of the pennycomequick by the station for the same reason, you are best off drinking in the city centre if your in town early as it takes a good 20-30 mins to walk to the ground from there, the best place before the match which has around 8 pubs is an area called stoke with the pear tree being the best one or alternately an area called Mutley which is full of themed boozers, they are both similar distances from the ground and safer. Drinking afterwards is well worth it if your stopping overnight with Mutley again being busy on a saturday night, the Historic Barbican has some good pubs and if your still up for clubbing after that head for Union street which has a selection of cattle markets most notably Club Jesters which has to be seen to be believed! There are plenty of b and bs in the aforementioned barbican area or by the train station on North road west. If your coming by car they have a huge car park at the ground and a few estates around and about, failing that Drake circus car park in the shopping centre in town is the safest.
16th December 2009 11:03 AM
Find all posts by this user
Brassneck

Unregistered

exiled geordie Wrote:If your planning on drinking before the game give weatherspoons opposite the ground a wide berth as its full of charvas looking for bother

sounds a bit like this place Big Grin
16th December 2009 11:22 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

Cheers for this post. Sure the folks travelling down will find this useful!
16th December 2009 11:36 AM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

"Careful Baldrick, it could be a trap..........you go first" Smile
16th December 2009 12:29 PM
Miklos_Dora Offline

Youth Team

exiled geordie have you been away at sea for a few yearsSmile The Pennycomequick has been closed for ages and is now student flats.
Would agree that Stoke is a decent place to drink but there's plenty of charva scum in Mutley on a match day (especially in Bommerangs on the corner, the Hyde Park, the Mannamead (Weatherspoons) and the Dog and Duck). It's just that they're diluted with students as Mutley is a big student area.
The Britainia (Weatherspoons near ground) does have a lot of Plymouth's old fighty types in there but there's just as many family types. I'm as people know, if you want trouble, you'll find it if you look for it.

And like he says Union Street has to be seen to be believed but most of the clubs have now closed down so it's tame as fuck compared to about 10 years ago.
16th December 2009 12:50 PM
Miklos_Dora Offline

Youth Team

And if you end up fucked out of your skull on Mutley then there's a 24 hour cafe called Goodbodys. It's on the same side of Mutley Plain as the Fortescue but never, never eat there sober.

Also has a 24 hour license (or always used to).
(This post was last modified: 16th December 2009 01:00 PM by Miklos_Dora.)
16th December 2009 12:55 PM
exiled geordie Offline

Youth Team

Have you got a ticket Miklos_Dora?, we should meet up as your obviously "Our man in Plymouth". On a more serious note has anyone got an answer to my initial question?
19th December 2009 02:14 PM
Miklos_Dora Offline

Youth Team

I haven't got one. Tickets go on general sale 9am on Monday. So will have to give that a go. Hopefully with Argyle's shite form and the run up to xmas there'll be plenty spare if not there's usually a few returns that are available on the day. Good luck getting tickets and we'll have to sort a TOTT pub for pre-match.
19th December 2009 04:35 PM
exiled geordie Offline

Youth Team

good win today and thats me up all night waiting with credit card online to try and get a ticket for the plymouth match or else i am up Home Park in the morning!
20th December 2009 07:34 PM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter

lmfao just take over the wetherspoons we be ok afterwards........
20th December 2009 07:44 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

Reckon Toon will take over all the bars by 30 mins after opening time anyway.

Surely Plymouth end is your best bet for a ticket.

Reckon the away end will be season ticket holder sell out.
20th December 2009 07:51 PM
exiled geordie Offline

Youth Team

Nothing doing online, looks like they have sold out as the only match listed is Liecester City away now, will try to ring the box office at nine, whilst sat at Home Parks car park, Hurumph!
21st December 2009 12:17 AM
exiled geordie Offline

Youth Team

All will come to he who waits, just about to leave for home park as the nufc box office was engaged and I thought one last try, went online and i have just purchased two of the finest seat tickets going, like rocking horse poo! Fingers crossed they get here in time!
21st December 2009 10:15 AM
Miklos_Dora Offline

Youth Team

Lucky fuckerSmile
I had to settle for 4 tickets in with the janners!
21st December 2009 03:00 PM
exiled geordie Offline

Youth Team

Think Argyle must of sent extra up because my ticket numbers are up in the 4900 range and I understood there to originally of been a 2000 allocation according to posts on newcastle mad etc, etc, just chanced my arm at the last minute and have my order confirmation saved just in case they dont turn up in time, unless the numbering is random like? which stand have you got tickets for? As it turns out my mate may have to work as hes on call so I may still have a spare come jan 2nd!
21st December 2009 08:43 PM
exiled geordie Offline

Youth Team

just been on nufc.co.uk and they are still selling tickets!
21st December 2009 08:48 PM
exiled geordie Offline

Youth Team

still on sale it appears and to think I was up most the night stressing,Pah!
23rd December 2009 07:32 AM
Thread Closed