Thread Closed 
Ashley
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Ashley

Yes its a good feeling going back up but lets get real Here.

He wont sell up knowing he will pocket all the season ticket money and sky money also all the money he took this season from all them sky games..

And wont put nothing back in terms of money the only money Chris Hughton prob get is that paracute payment and thats it..

If people think we going to spend loads of millions to stay in the prem sorry he still a cunt and people think he's a good bloke now..

Prob sell some highest earners as well Not saying Taylor on massive wages but he be out in the summer..
6th April 2010 09:17 AM
Find all posts by this user
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Ashley

Taylor will be out, but if he's going to disrupt the team spirit then I couldn't give a fuck.

I'm not expecting us to spend millions.

I'm confident we'll stay up with this squad, but I think we'll make one or two additions to help us.

It'll be a dull season, but unless we get a new owner then it's going to have to be a slow step by step imrpovement and the first step is staying up.

Unfortunately, I think after 6 games, with us lying in the bottom end of the table, there'll be a lot of fans jumping to the conclusion that Hughton isn't good enough, the players aren't good enough, and we'll end up with yet another manager and yet another "transition period" and yet another relegation.

But fuck it, we've got the rest of this season to enjoy before all that. Big Grin
6th April 2010 09:39 AM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Ashley

Still think Ashley will be rubbing his hands thinking all this money he will pocket..

Dont u know he's made over 90mil in player sales and how much has he put back in for players.?

And we are still awaiting payments from martins, given, and Zoggy..,
6th April 2010 09:54 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Ashley

Still awaiting payments? How's that? I thought they were paying us at the end of last season?

Of course Ashley will be rubbing his hands together.

He'll be getting a lot of money from this promotion, what is it, £50m or something?

I don't think he's going to sell our top players - if there was a time to do that, then it would have been in the summer, he'd have the excuse of cutting costs and players not wanting to play for us in the lower division.

What excuse does he have to sell players when we go up? Doesn't make sense.
6th April 2010 09:59 AM
lundypete Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Ashley

Ashley isnt going anywhere. Promotion is "proof" to him that his strategy works. Now he can get his hands on the money.
6th April 2010 10:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Ashley

Cause he's a cunt and wants to get the wage bill down even futher so he doesnt have to fork out wages..

Yes we are still awaiting payments for the likes of Martins and zoggy and given..

Its all this part payment on players..
6th April 2010 10:03 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Ashley

Lucian Wrote:Cause he's a cunt and wants to get the wage bill down even futher so he doesnt have to fork out wages..

Yes we are still awaiting payments for the likes of Martins and zoggy and given..

Its all this part payment on players..

Well loads of teams sell players with installments, it's a common thing, but I thought they were paid at the end of last season.

Seriously, why get the wage bill down after promotion?! What sense is their in that? We can manage this wage bill in the fizzy pop league then surely it we can, if anything, afford to increase it after promotion!
6th April 2010 10:06 AM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Ashley

Cause at the end of the day He's a greedy cunt and doesn't want to spend a penny while taking as much money as possible out the club and laugh when the stadium is full..

He knows that and just or even more of a cunt than Shepherd..

He wont sell knowing he will get more than the money he paid for the club and personally i think he's nearly at that target now..
6th April 2010 10:10 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Ashley

So why didn't he sell all these players this season? Aswell as sign a few more...

I'm not defending him here, I just don't see the sense in it. Even by Ashley's standards, to reduce the wage bill after promotion, when income is boosted, is just daft.
6th April 2010 10:13 AM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Ashley

So why didn't he sell all these players this season.

Cause we were in the fizzy pop league prob got better chance to sell them in the prem than in the fizzy pop league its called players value going up in a winning team.
6th April 2010 10:15 AM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Ashley

Plus its the world cup and if guti and colo have a good world cup there value will go up even further..

Question if someone like liverpool or Manshitty or Manusa put a 12mil bid in for Enrique or ask how much for him would Newcastle sell or i mean Mike Ashley..
6th April 2010 10:17 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Ashley

Lucian Wrote:So why didn't he sell all these players this season.

Cause we were in the fizzy pop league prob got better chance to sell them in the prem than in the fizzy pop league its called players value going up in a winning team.

Why didn't we sell anyone in January then?

That's not the point though, I'm on about getting the wage bill down.

If he wanted the wage bill down he'd have sold those players at the start of the season as there would definitely have been clubs willing to take them off our hands if we were offering them.
6th April 2010 10:19 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Ashley

Lucian Wrote:Plus its the world cup and if guti and colo have a good world cup there value will go up even further..

Question if someone like liverpool or Manshitty or Manusa put a 12mil bid in for Enrique or ask how much for him would Newcastle sell or i mean Mike Ashley..

That's nothing to do with reducing the wage bill though...

That's called selling for the right price...

If we sold him for £5m I'd be pretty pissed off, that would show we're just out to reducde the wage bill and he couldn't care about keeping us up. But if a side like Man United or Liverpool want Enrique - he'll want to go - so he can go, and I'd personally snap their hands for £12m.

As long as it goes back into the club.
6th April 2010 10:22 AM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Ashley

Why didn't we sell anyone in January then?

That's not the point though, I'm on about getting the wage bill down.

If he wanted the wage bill down he'd have sold those players at the start of the season as there would definitely have been clubs willing to take them off our hands if we were offering them.

Cause he knew without these players we woudn't get promoted..

And he wouldn't get his hands on this money from the prem and sky..

Now we are here he will start to think who can i sell or get some earners off the wage bill..
6th April 2010 10:28 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Ashley

Lucian Wrote:Cause he knew without these players we woudn't get promoted..

And he wouldn't get his hands on this money from the prem and sky..

Now we are here he will start to think who can i sell or get some earners off the wage bill..

That makes sense like.

But I still don't think he'll reduce the wage bill.

Remember, relegation will cost him money, what's the point in him getting this money off sky and the prem only to lose it again when we go down...
6th April 2010 10:31 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Ashley

Last time he reduced the wage bill it was understandable - we were spending millions on a side that took us down!!!
6th April 2010 10:33 AM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Ashley

cause he will try to sell it again if we are near the bottom of the prem by crimbo..

Thinking well i got the money and someone else will have to sort it out to come back up.
6th April 2010 10:34 AM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Ashley

Cause he said it was a chew in this league to keep paying the wages claiming he put in 25mil in dec to cover the wages,
6th April 2010 10:35 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Ashley

Lucian Wrote:cause he will try to sell it again if we are near the bottom of the prem by crimbo..

Thinking well i got the money and someone else will have to sort it out to come back up.

He knows that won't happen because it didn't happen last time.
6th April 2010 10:35 AM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Ashley

what sell the club we got a better chance selling the club in the prem than in the fizzy league..

Now as the world starting to pick up with money ect..
6th April 2010 10:36 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Ashley

Lucian Wrote:Cause he said it was a chew in this league to keep paying the wages claiming he put in 25mil in dec to cover the wages,

Aye, in this league.

We're promoted now.

If we hadn't got promotion then yeah, reducing the wage bill would be expected. That's what everyone was fearing - if we failed to get promoted, we'd lose our best players and struggle to get back up. We had to do it at the first attempt.
6th April 2010 10:36 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Ashley

Lucian Wrote:what sell the club we got a better chance selling the club in the prem than in the fizzy league..

Now as the world starting to pick up with money ect..

Well we were in the PL when he first put us up for sale and we couldn't find a buyer.
6th April 2010 10:37 AM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Ashley

Well I just think he's a twat and its something he would do..

I would be in favour to let the likes of Barton Smith Butt leave who are on top wages tbh..
6th April 2010 10:39 AM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Ashley

richyNUFC Wrote:Well we were in the PL when he first put us up for sale and we couldn't find a buyer.

Yes it was called World recession its getting better now..
6th April 2010 10:40 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Ashley

Butt is retiring isn't he? Hope so Big Grin

Barton would be worth keeping, and I think even Smith would be worth keeping as cover and he'll have a big impact in the dressing room, but pointless keeping him for those reasons on £50k or whatever he's earning...

I do think he's a twat. I just don't see the sense in it, even from his angle.

Last time round, I could see his reasoning. We had a squad that should have stayed up, we had Owen, Martins, Bassong etc and he was selling players to fund the ridiculous wages we were paying out on shite. From his angle, it made sense. He saw a side that was too good to go down, without taking into account how much all the off field shite would affect these 'superstars'. The fans could see it though, we knew the players wanted to leave and weren't playing for the club, ever since Keegan went, they packed in.
6th April 2010 10:47 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Ashley

Lucian Wrote:Yes it was called World recession its getting better now..

It's still not great.

And the recession didn't stop other clubs being sold.
6th April 2010 10:47 AM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Ashley

and look at the clubs that was sold aka mancity the same group that wanted to buy us but mike the cunt fucked them about and they bought city,,

he could of sold us to them no problem
6th April 2010 11:10 AM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular
Ashley

Lucian Wrote:and look at the clubs that was sold aka mancity the same group that wanted to buy us but mike the cunt fucked them about and they bought city,,

he could of sold us to them no problem

have you any evidence of this? I've heard it mentioned a few times but I've never seen anything actually written about it even in the tabloid press.

Personally I think Ashley would sell up like a shot if the right offer come in, and people might actually be surprised at how low an offer he would accept - I'm only basing this on what a few journo's like Ian Ridley have recently said but at least they are saying it.
6th April 2010 11:13 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Ashley

Flip figs is right those arabs were after us but fat ashley was wanting stupid money so they bought city. I was watching on SSN at the time and was gutted when the presenter said that the Arab lot were looking at NUFC before they looked at City.

Now i know SSN talk some shite but nobody came out and denied it NUFC didnt and neither did the group who bought City.

Remember he and his cronies went to the middle-east trying to flog the club and asking fucking ridiculous amounts for a club he paid £250m all in for.

Regarding this

I don't think he's going to sell our top players - if there was a time to do that, then it would have been in the summer

Maybe because he couldnt sell anymore players because we wouldnt have had a team capable of gaining promotion.

Well we were in the PL when he first put us up for sale and we couldn't find a buyer.

Difference now the wage bill is massively reduced which is a good sign for any new potential buyer.

Remember, relegation will cost him money, what's the point in him getting this money off sky and the prem only to lose it again when we go down

Well being the cynic iam whatever he makes next season while having a lower wage bill and the reported £60m from the premier league and any parachute payments he would get if the worst happened i dont think he'd be that unhappy to become a yo-yo club because he knows 45k+ fans will turn up every home game.

Ive got a feeling he will sell up in the summer because to me that is the best time to sell up because we wont have any defeats to our name where as if he leaves it too late i dont think anyone will be interested in a club scratching around the bottom 3.
(This post was last modified: 7th April 2010 04:45 AM by rotti.)
7th April 2010 04:43 AM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Ashley

And he will say to Hughton if you want money u have to sell before you buy...
7th April 2010 07:01 AM
Thread Closed