Anyone agree with Clifford?

Thread Closed 

Texasmag Offline

First Team Regular

Can't see it myself. The sooner he leaves our club, the better.:mad:

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
11th December 2009 04:35 AM
Find all posts by this user
Vic Offline

First Team Starter

Reporter Rob Stewart........

Rod Stewart would write a better article ffs.
11th December 2009 05:33 AM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

He does make a few valid points though. I don't know so much about Ashley ever regaining a credible popularity, but he's bang on about him having to put his money where his lumbering arse is and commit some responsibility towards running the club as long as he is here.
11th December 2009 08:07 AM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

You know, I cant understand how a bloke like Clifford can offer such a point of view. Clifford, devoid of anything about the NE and in particular Newcastle.

This sounds like Ashley putting out the feelers after hiring Clifford to drum up support for him.

However, the problems are Ashleys and Ashleys alone.

If he listend to just one supporter in a B&W shirt instead of a buffoon and a "ex-don" thug then things could have been so so different for him up here.

Get in Mourinho with Shearer no2. Bribe Carrick with the No8 shirt & captaincy of his boyhood club, get in Gatuso........

...then we may look at that "liking Ashley thing again".
11th December 2009 08:26 AM
Brassneck

Unregistered

Carricks a pile of old plop, anderson, scholes, giggs etc do all the graft and he gets the glory,..if you watch closely, 90% of his passes go astray, 90% of his shots are sliced, more unforgiveably is the amount of tackles the soft shite shy`s away from,..and is nearly always caught in possession because his brain doesn`t work fast enough Rolleyes,..over-rated thats what.

Why do you think he is shunned by Capello all the time??
11th December 2009 09:03 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

I think you are being more than harsh on Carrick like!!!

Would be delighted to have him here, wouldnt happen though.

As for Clifford, his only interest in NUFC is the coin Ashley has clearly paid him, otherwise why would he bother to pass comment???

It would take some monumental actions, on par with Jesus in his hayday to have Ashley win the fans back now.
11th December 2009 09:27 AM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

Clifford the big red dog makes more sense than that cunt
11th December 2009 09:53 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

The only way he could win back any support is by getting promotion AND spending a significant amount of money in the summer to improve our prospects.
11th December 2009 10:35 AM
14andout Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

NEVER FORGIVE NEVER FORGET!!!

The man is a cunt of the highest order!
11th December 2009 10:56 AM
14andout Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

More chance of me forgiving Thatcher!
11th December 2009 10:56 AM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

The Steve Wrote:The only way he could win back any support is by getting promotion AND spending a significant amount of money in the summer to improve our prospects.

He will never be forgiven

even if we do the treble I'll still not forgive him

truley a cunt
11th December 2009 11:42 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

I think if we won the teble, we might no neccesaraly forgive, but we may forget.

If we won the treble on the stipulation that Michael Gray was our manager I'd take it!
11th December 2009 12:28 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

Ashley will never be forgiven
11th December 2009 12:48 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

I could give you 42,000+ reason's why I have my doubts...
11th December 2009 01:05 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

NE1 Wrote:You know, I cant understand how a bloke like Clifford can offer such a point of view. Clifford, devoid of anything about the NE and in particular Newcastle.

This sounds like Ashley putting out the feelers after hiring Clifford to drum up support for him.

However, the problems are Ashleys and Ashleys alone.

If he listend to just one supporter in a B&W shirt instead of a buffoon and a "ex-don" thug then things could have been so so different for him up here.

Get in Mourinho with Shearer no2. Bribe Carrick with the No8 shirt & captaincy of his boyhood club, get in Gatuso........

...then we may look at that "liking Ashley thing again".

"You know, I cant understand how a bloke like Clifford can offer such a point of view. Clifford, devoid of anything about the NE and in particular Newcastle."

Max Clifford is a professional. He will not have said these words for a laugh. Ashley will have paid him. The charm offensive begins? Confused
11th December 2009 01:28 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Quote:I could give you 42,000+ reason's why I have my doubts...

Stir
11th December 2009 01:33 PM
jack Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

where we are now is in despite of ashley not because of ashley. by that i mean league position. if it had of been up to fatcunt we would be near relegation bcos of his sell sell sell attitude.
11th December 2009 01:34 PM
jack Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

viana45 Wrote:He will never be forgiven

even if we do the treble I'll still not forgive him

truley a cunt

exactly.
11th December 2009 01:35 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

jack Wrote:where we are now is in despite of ashley not because of ashley. by that i mean league position. if it had of been up to fatcunt we would be near relegation bcos of his sell sell sell attitude.

Whether by accident or design, the bald facts are the likes of Smith, Colo, Taylor, Enrique, Nolan etc etc, ie. players who are on very high wages and could have brought in a transfer fee were NOT sold in the summer.

The players who did leave all wanted to.

Now was it Ashley's idea to keep these players together with the hope that we would bounce back up? Where would we now be if there had been a genuine fire sale?

Not trying to defend Ashley in any way, but for all the talk of players not having relegation clauses (thus making it more likely players would stay) and the fact that the players above were not sold - well something went right didn't it?

Who takes the credit?
11th December 2009 01:41 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

the_flaming_lip Wrote:who takes the credit?

jfk
11th December 2009 02:05 PM
liam1708 Online

First Team Starter

Max Clifford is a fucking tedious, self serving, mincing Cuntbag...I hope he gets dead. I wrote this not having read the article.
11th December 2009 02:40 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

The_Flaming_Lip Wrote:Whether by accident or design, the bald facts are the likes of Smith, Colo, Taylor, Enrique, Nolan etc etc, ie. players who are on very high wages and could have brought in a transfer fee were NOT sold in the summer.

The players who did leave all wanted to.

Now was it Ashley's idea to keep these players together with the hope that we would bounce back up? Where would we now be if there had been a genuine fire sale?

Not trying to defend Ashley in any way, but for all the talk of players not having relegation clauses (thus making it more likely players would stay) and the fact that the players above were not sold - well something went right didn't it?

Who takes the credit?

if i was not from the toon and played for them,had buffoons like JFK managing me, got relegated and was offered the chance to play for another club i would have jumped at it.

Ashely still reduced the wages bill vastly, lets not forget hes removed the expense of a manager saving £3m a year.

He also didnt replace the players who left from an already small squad, saving money there too.

if there wasnt 42k and more every game he wouldnt have the funds to pay for this squad, and we are paying for promotion by turning up

we should therefore get the credit

Liam top response, I will read it later
11th December 2009 03:27 PM
14andout Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

If Ashley was genunine about selling the club he could not really sell the whole squad or the value of the club would go down!
11th December 2009 04:59 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Quote:Max Clifford is a fucking tedious, self serving, mincing Cuntbag...I hope he gets dead. I wrote this not having read the article.

liam talks sense i hate clifford the olf fucking parasite.
11th December 2009 05:13 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

rotti Wrote:liam talks sense i hate clifford the olf fucking parasite.

he is virulently anti-Tory so I rate the bloke.
11th December 2009 06:32 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

tino Wrote:if i was not from the toon and played for them,had buffoons like JFK managing me, got relegated and was offered the chance to play for another club i would have jumped at it.

Ashely still reduced the wages bill vastly, lets not forget hes removed the expense of a manager saving £3m a year.

He also didnt replace the players who left from an already small squad, saving money there too.

if there wasnt 42k and more every game he wouldnt have the funds to pay for this squad, and we are paying for promotion by turning up

we should therefore get the credit

Liam top response, I will read it later

"He also didnt replace the players who left from an already small squad, saving money there too."

hmmmmm......

Aug 2009 Danny Simpson Manchester United Loan
Aug 2009 Fraser Forster Bristol Rovers Loan ended
Sep 2009 Peter Lovenkrands Unattached Free
Sep 2009 Zurab Khizanishvili Blackburn Rovers Loan
Sept 2009 Marlon Harewood Aston Villa Loan
Nov 2009 Fabrice Pancrate Unattached Free

An impartial observer could argue that Ashley has protected his asset reasonably well this season.

We kept the core of a good side, with lots of option up front (well, good enough for this league) and we have taken in players on the cheap that can be dispensed with more easily when we go up, ie. what would be the point in saddling the team with Championship level players when they would be usless next season.

That would be an impartial observer, like.....Big Grin
11th December 2009 06:35 PM
Miklos_Dora Offline

Youth Team

No matter what anyone says Ashley may well recover if we get promotion and he invests in the side, and then we have a decent start to the season. Have to say that I still think that Shepherd shat on us much more than Ashley ever has, and fuck knows how Soumess didn't get us relegated.

Not an Ashley fan at all but if all goes well and we do well next season it could all be about, "if it ain't broke...".

That said I can't see him investing to make the club a viable top 6 club - playing staff and management. At the same time I can't see the Bob the Builder NUSC/NUST being able to invest and make the club a viable threat to even the smbs.
11th December 2009 06:55 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

Miklos_Dora Wrote:No matter what anyone says Ashley may well recover if we get promotion and he invests in the side, and then we have a decent start to the season. Have to say that I still think that Shepherd shat on us much more than Ashley ever has, and fuck knows how Soumess didn't get us relegated.

Not an Ashley fan at all but if all goes well and we do well next season it could all be about, "if it ain't broke...".

That said I can't see him investing to make the club a viable top 6 club - playing staff and management. At the same time I can't see the Bob the Builder NUSC/NUST being able to invest and make the club a viable threat to even the smbs.

yes. I unfortunately agree with ALL of that. No points to argue at all. Yup yup yup.

Makes it a bit dull dunnit. I'll, erm, read another thread for a bit. Yes. I'll do that. :o
11th December 2009 07:10 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

I can't imagine any circumstance whatsoever, whereby Ashley entrusts Hughton with 30 mil to spend in the prem.
11th December 2009 08:16 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

Ashley hasn't invested anything in the squad so far....infact he's still in profit after the Given and Milner sales isn't he?

He's a cunt
11th December 2009 08:59 PM

Thread Closed