Thread Closed 
Off the back pages
lipsquid Online

First Team Regular
Off the back pages

I don't know what it's like up the business end of things but down here in southernsoftshiteland Newcastle are well and truly off the back pages. And long may it continue. Apart from the bit about the stadium naming bollocks, on the few occasions I've picked up a bog^H^H^Hnewspaper I've had to turn several pages to find even the match report.

Thing is we're doing well in the league, winning games, and not hoying any of Cantona's sardines ower the side for the journos to pick over. We're not playing their game anymore. Hughton seems to conduct himself with dignity, hardly speaking to the press and when he needs to he answers questions by giving "maybe" answers, giving nowt away.

And you know what? I like it. It wasn't so long ago that all things Newcastle were dominating even the cockney editions of the shiterags. But for all the wrong reasons. The fans were being ridiculed because of the board antics, or players being slightly naughty (but being portrayed as child raping serial killers) or even charva knackers with bedsheets being encouraged to shout "Shearer" or "Cockneys out!" for free glue or something live on Sky's cameras.

Long may it continue I say!
10th December 2009 06:16 PM
Find all posts by this user
Venegoor Offline

Captain
Off the back pages

lipsquid Wrote:I don't know what it's like up the business end of things but down here in southernsoftshiteland Newcastle are well and truly off the back pages. And long may it continue. Apart from the bit about the stadium naming bollocks, on the few occasions I've picked up a bog^H^H^Hnewspaper I've had to turn several pages to find even the match report.

Thing is we're doing well in the league, winning games, and not hoying any of Cantona's sardines ower the side for the journos to pick over. We're not playing their game anymore. Hughton seems to conduct himself with dignity, hardly speaking to the press and when he needs to he answers questions by giving "maybe" answers, giving nowt away.

And you know what? I like it. It wasn't so long ago that all things Newcastle were dominating even the cockney editions of the shiterags. But for all the wrong reasons. The fans were being ridiculed because of the board antics, or players being slightly naughty (but being portrayed as child raping serial killers) or even charva knackers with bedsheets being encouraged to shout "Shearer" or "Cockneys out!" for free glue or something live on Sky's cameras.

Long may it continue I say!

I was going to say that it's nice to be off the front pages as well, but if Carroll gets done that may change. Mind you, i'm surprised they didn't jump all over that. I think they're waiting until fat boy gets torn to shreds by the Office of Fair Trading, so I hope the twat is long gone by then.
10th December 2009 06:50 PM
Vic Offline

First Team Starter
Off the back pages

We rarely get on our back pageTongue
10th December 2009 06:53 PM
Stoner Offline

First Team Regular
Off the back pages

I think the 'southernshiteland' that Lipsquid was talking about isn't quite as far south as you, Vic!
10th December 2009 06:59 PM
amble_ball Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Off the back pages

aye, it's been great this season that i've not found myself being so wound up and incensed by biased southern journos that i've had to post comments after awful articles in the mail and so on. heads down getting good results; good news
10th December 2009 07:01 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
Off the back pages

On the Chroncile now and then like.
10th December 2009 07:24 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Off the back pages

yeah good thread, it is good to say us off the pages, but probably not for too long.
lisquid i like ur style Big Grin
10th December 2009 07:51 PM
Thread Closed