Thread Closed 
The Bandwagon steams on......
Jinkyjim Online

First Team Regular

Mebee's, if he listens to this cockney..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footbal...fford.html
10th December 2009 07:07 PM
Find all posts by this user
Brassneck

Unregistered

McCreery Wrote:most promoted teams will invest heavily once they're up Sal.....can you honestly see Ashley doing the same?

i see what you`re saying mac.its nice to be winning every week,..but another season of the scunnys and donnys and fuckin peterboros is not too appetising really,..i want to be playing the manures and bindippers again, even if we come straight back down, the premier league is the place to be,..this league is shit
10th December 2009 07:10 PM
McCreery Offline

First Team Regular

fuck me.......he's made all them millions by stating the friggin obvious ??
10th December 2009 07:11 PM
Jinkyjim Online

First Team Regular

The question is, why the fuck would Max Clifford feel the need to talk about NUFC, he never does anything for nothing..

Has he been employed by Ashley..??
10th December 2009 07:14 PM
McCreery Offline

First Team Regular

Brassneck Wrote:i see what you`re saying mac.its nice to be winning every week,..but another season of the scunnys and donnys and fuckin peterboros is not too appetising really,..i want to be playing the manures and bindippers again, even if we come straight back down, the premier league is the place to be,..this league is shit

Believe me, I want to be back in the big time but getting beat every week and watching Newcastle 'survive' is not on my agenda.

Long term I'm starting to wonder if getting promoted under Ashley could actually be the worst possible scenario.......If nobody wants to buy us, he has shown over every transfer window that he is not going to invest in the squad......the players that took us down are fighting for their pride now....I guarantee that won't happen again if we get relegated at the end of next season.

(This post was last modified: 10th December 2009 07:38 PM by McCreery.)
10th December 2009 07:17 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

McCreery Wrote:Believe me, I want to be back in the big time but getting beat every week and watching Newcastle 'survive' is not on my agenda.

Long term I'm starting to wonder if getting promoted under Ashley could actually be the worst possible scenario.......If nobody wants to buy is he has shown over every transfer window that he is not going to invest in the squad......the players that took us down are fighting for their pride now....I guarantee that won't happen again if we get relegated at the end of next season

are we not a more attractive club for would-be buyers as a premiership team??,..none of the big hitters will even consider buying a fizzy shit league side, i`m convinced ashley will sell when the right offer comes in, and that will only happen when we are in with the big boys
10th December 2009 07:23 PM
McCreery Offline

First Team Regular

we weren't last season
10th December 2009 07:29 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

McCreery Wrote:we weren't last season

We werent, but in theory, we have halved the wage bill now, and surely Ashley isnt so crazy that he would demand silly money again.

I dont blame him for not selling this season really, as much as I want rid of the fat fuck, he is well aware that the only way he can get at least a big chunk of his money back, is if we get promoted first.
10th December 2009 08:23 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

Got to say, speaking as someone who work allowing gets to the odd game, I'm enjoying pummelling teams right now.

The Prem is a load of shite if you are not a big 5 club (or is that big 4 now Liverpool are shite Big Grin) but. A Neverton fan at work was bragging at work about them being a Premier club, but I pointed out to him they have as much chance of getting in the top 4 as us right now.

Promotion will of course do wonders for us, but don't forget travelling is more fun than arriving.

When we are back in the "Big" League (yawn), we can take things from there, but as shite as it is living under a harsh regime is (Seymour, Westwood, MacKeag, Shepherd, Thatcher, Ashley), sometimes you have to enjoy the ride.

Ashley out, but howay the lads all the same. Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 10th December 2009 11:24 PM by The_Flaming_Lip.)
10th December 2009 11:21 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Do you lads really think Ashley will sell for peanuts if we gain promotion. the fat fucking get was asking for over £300m for the club and we were a mid-table club at best.

He is asking for £80m-£100m in this division you can at least double that amount in the premier league then you have the little thing of all the debt that is owed to him which he wont write off.

Who in their right mind would give Ashley the money he is wanting coupled with all the debt that he is owed. Sorry lads/lasses we are lumbered with the fat cunt for the foreseeable future.

Also with everyone calling him a fat cockney bastard every week i think he will enjoy keeping hold of the club till he needs to sell up as he knows it is killing the fans having him as owner.

He is worth £800m he can afford to let the fans stew for aslong as he wants them to.
11th December 2009 01:56 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

He wont sell for peanuts, of course not. But what makes you think he will sell for peanuts if we dont go up??

He clearly wants his money back, or as much of it as he can get, the best chance of that is selling us as a PL outfit. I think he wants £100mil + his £100mil loan back, obviously I dont know this to be fact, but thats what it looks like.

The estimated fortune of £800mil, basically means that NUFC accounts for a quarter of his wealth, that is a big chunk of any mans net worth if you look at it relatively.

He is barmy, and sorrounds himself with total nobheads, but even he cant be 'happy' being our owner.

We can but pray he wants out, and that someone will offer his price when we go up. Even at £200mil, surely we are worth a punt, assuming our debts would then be at a realistic level???
11th December 2009 09:21 AM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

The_Flaming_Lip Wrote:Got to say, speaking as someone who work allowing gets to the odd game, I'm enjoying pummelling teams right now.

The Prem is a load of shite if you are not a big 5 club (or is that big 4 now Liverpool are shite Big Grin) but. A Neverton fan at work was bragging at work about them being a Premier club, but I pointed out to him they have as much chance of getting in the top 4 as us right now.

Promotion will of course do wonders for us, but don't forget travelling is more fun than arriving.

When we are back in the "Big" League (yawn), we can take things from there, but as shite as it is living under a harsh regime is (Seymour, Westwood, MacKeag, Shepherd, Thatcher, Ashley), sometimes you have to enjoy the ride.

Ashley out, but howay the lads all the same. Big Grin

Can't find a fault with a word of that, damn and buggerit :mad:
11th December 2009 10:49 AM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

First Team Regular

we have so much potential as a club if we get an owner that gets it right... it's so frustrating that we can't get that fucking owner though.
11th December 2009 12:26 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

If people dont know we are still in a credit crunch even the arabs are skint so what makes you think we are a good investment for some mega rich bloke.
11th December 2009 01:25 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

ToonArmy1892 Wrote:we have so much potential as a club if we get an owner that gets it right... it's so frustrating that we can't get that fucking owner though.

been saying that for oooooooooooh, about 30 years? Pretty sure will be saying for another 30.Sad
11th December 2009 01:45 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

Venegoor Wrote:Can't find a fault with a word of that, damn and buggerit :mad:

oh ven ven ven , Big Grin
11th December 2009 01:47 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Imagine the Xmas those Man City fans will have knowing sooner or later they will be winning loads of trophies. i think they will win the carling cup this year as manure always turn out the kids in this cup and its only blackburn or villa in the other semi-final.
11th December 2009 02:01 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

First Team Regular

rotti Wrote:If people dont know we are still in a credit crunch even the arabs are skint so what makes you think we are a good investment for some mega rich bloke.

being in a credit crunch doesn't really make any difference.... if they buy the club and get it right get us into Europe Champions league then they will make loads of money
11th December 2009 03:06 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

That wont happen though will it m8. it would take one hell of an investment to get this club into the champions league. Man City has spent over £200m on players and they aint in a champions league spot.
11th December 2009 04:45 PM
Jinkyjim Online

First Team Regular

rotti Wrote:That wont happen though will it m8. it would take one hell of an investment to get this club into the champions league. Man City has spent over £200m on players and they aint in a champions league spot.

Citeh have been given the Red Dippers spot, watch at the end of the season, money talks, and the scousers have fuck all between them...
11th December 2009 06:49 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Nobody and i mean nobody will buy us that are mega rich like the city owners, those days are gone. i think city will become the next manure in winning trophies in 5 years time if not sooner.

People are living in fantasy land if they think we will be in the champions league even in 10 years time thats how far off we are compared to the top 4 clubs in the premiership.
11th December 2009 08:37 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

I couldn't give a fuck about being a citeh.

Just want a club run properly by people I can trust. Steady investment would do me, even if it means the best we can get is a waffa cup spot for the forseeable. Random trips to Europe would be great, and that competetition is winnable should a club of our stature make it back to that level.

Someone will take us on eventually
11th December 2009 09:10 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

First Team Regular

same here i just want stability.... but i stand by the statement that with the right owner we can be one of the best teams in the country again.
11th December 2009 09:45 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Sorry m8 those days are gone.
11th December 2009 10:17 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

First Team Regular

rotti Wrote:Sorry m8 those days are gone.

says who
11th December 2009 11:19 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Says me i personally think i wont see NUFC in the champions league in my lifetime.
12th December 2009 02:31 AM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

First Team Regular

you never know
12th December 2009 10:45 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

I dare say Villa fans were convinced of midtable mediocrity forever until Randy Learner & Martin O'Neil came out of the blue!!!

Same with Citeh fans clearly.

Things change in football when you dont see it coming all the time.

We have a club with genuine top potential, which should mean we are a better proposition than ANY of the top flight clubs. The top 4 aint gonna be taken over, nor Citeh, Villa, or Spurs.

Who else is there in this country??????
12th December 2009 10:57 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Villa wont finish in 4th place m8 and the gap between us and the top 10 in the premier league is massive nevermind the top 4 clubs.

Unless we are bought by someone on par with the City owners we wont get into the top 4 in my lifetime, the gap is too wide between the top 7 clubs and the rest of the league is frightening.

Manure/Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool/Man City/Spurs/ and maybe Villa the rest are just scrapping it out for a Europa place and not getting relegated.
12th December 2009 02:56 PM
Thread Closed