Thread Closed 
Fans buying the club
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

Well i think its pie in the sky and it wont happen, lets see who will be correct by the time the club is sold.

It would be great IF the NUSC could buy the club but it simply cannot afford the massive sums of money it would need to buy the fat cunt out and as OM states it would cost upwards of £240m to get the club unless Ashley is prepared to wipe the £110m+ in debts off the price of the club.

Remember All these so called people wanting to buy the club couldnt stump up even the £80m or so that the fat fucker wanted never mind whatever else it would cost in hidden costs, like the debts owed to Ashley.
7th December 2009 08:30 PM
Find all posts by this user
14andout Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Fans buying the club

I just can't see it happening and also I have a wife and two kids. Can't just throw my money about.
7th December 2009 10:18 PM
Stoner Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

I'm afraid I cant raise fifteen hundred pounds.

I can manage fifteen pence, if that's any help?
7th December 2009 10:24 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

As much as everybodys heart is in this, it is doomed to fail from the start. Many valid points are made on here, incidentally covered 3 weeks ago in a similar thread, and nothing has changed.

We need somebody to come in and swallow the cost of the club & its debt before we start to move forward. Any buyout by the NUSC will not have the "collateral" to do this. They are going to fall way way short. An average of £1500 per person on £80m is 53,333. I know some people are going to stump up more, but talking of averages.. where are we going to get 53k people with £1500 in their back pockets, let alone an extra grand to cover buying players and wages.

I am not rich, but if I wanted to I could forgo my new drive and buy a little piece of the club, however, history tells me that this is not a wise idea, no matter how good the intentions are.

Newcastle United need a big buyer, it is set up for one. Buying the club in a haste (to get rid of Ashley) will probably revisit old problems Ashley has had since he took over the club(debt, players wages, long standing transfer fees) none of which have really been sorted.

Newcastle should be an attractive club to buy for any billionaire, but there is baggage with it. Ashley has created some of it and some of it is legacy from the Shepherd days. What we need is somebody to come in and say "right, we start again, build from scratch.... get rid of the debt and pay off any outstanding transfer fees... here is some money for transfers and I am gonna make decisive decisons about management and the way forward". This is not a "5 year plan" this needs to happen from day one.

Sadly for us, in this present climate, I dont think anybody is willing to take a risk for what could be phenomenal rewards.

Jase.
8th December 2009 09:37 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
Fans buying the club

viana45 Wrote:It will work

if fans know thr fans own the club they will spend more on merchandise etc

and it'll all be good

I think it will work

It's more than just fans going out and buying a replica shirt or scarfy. Merchandise is only a drop in the ocean compared to other incomes.

You need to have severe financial wedge to run a football club. Look at Pompey, they can barely afford wages and this guy is supposedly loaded. We'll be scrimping and scraping a grand here and there from "owners".

Really can't get my head around it.
8th December 2009 10:00 AM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Fans buying the club

Well there's 20m pledge already i thinks plus many people just put down 10% and the other 90 later so that figure will drastically rise.

If the fans own the club it will work well, we have someone in charge of the club that we want. And any fans bitching about it can have there say. I think it will work well. As I said earlier If it were up to me I'd have an annual subscripption of 1k or summit similar 1k x 50000 Is 50m a year on top of mechandise a sell out crowd etc. Meaning a large transfer kitty. It's a small price to pay to watch the team u love doing so well.
8th December 2009 11:00 AM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

8th December 2009 11:14 AM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

viana45 Wrote:As I said earlier If it were up to me I'd have an annual subscripption of 1k or summit similar 1k x 50000 Is 50m a year on top.

Sounds like a season ticket to me, only twice the price.
8th December 2009 11:23 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
Fans buying the club

Could you really afford a grand a year, every year?

I know I couldn't and I'm not on what you'd call a shit wage. When you bare in mind we live in a very working class city, I think you'd struggle to find anyone willing to stump up a grand a year and even if they wanted to, I'm sure the missus would have a thing to say!
8th December 2009 11:43 AM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

The Club will be self financing, from the projected turnover of 100m+ per annum..
8th December 2009 11:49 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
Fans buying the club

How much of that will go out on general running costs?
8th December 2009 11:50 AM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

Jinkyjim Wrote:The Club will be self financing, from the projected turnover of 100m+ per annum..

Is that the figure NUSC project Jim, if so, how did they come to that? Seems like a realistic target but what is the breakdown.... ie tv money, season ticket sales..etc
8th December 2009 12:10 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Fans buying the club

Wouldn't say I'm on a great wage myself but cut back on certain things can mean that buying a stake is do-able. I work in finance so i find it easier to sort myself out (not in the masturbation way)

the club we all agree is a great club. It's never gonna be bought for cheaper than what it's going for now, with both our circumstances and credit crunch playing a factor. It's a win win situation.
8th December 2009 12:20 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

viana45 Wrote:It's a win win situation.

Mate, its not. Seriously it is not.

You have one of the richest men in the world bank rolling Chelsea, you have Man U in how much debt... along with Liverpool. How much did Man City pay for Adebayor etc etc.

This are well established clubs to get anywhere near these is gonna take £250m quid to buy the club, finance the players and get shot of the debt. That is nearly £5k per person (working on 53k)

Wonderful if it all came off, but I believe its pie in the sky.
8th December 2009 12:37 PM
omenator

Unregistered

Fans buying the club

Jinkyjim Wrote:The Club will be self financing, from the projected turnover of 100m+ per annum..

so the club has let them see the books to project this figure? how much of that is from ticket sales, tv money etc... and how much of this income will be going out in expenses?
8th December 2009 12:40 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Fans buying the club

Barcelona
8th December 2009 12:42 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

viana45 Wrote:Barcelona

100,000 people.
8th December 2009 12:54 PM
Miklos_Dora Offline

Youth Team
Fans buying the club

Barca are completely different to NUFC. They are believed to be the largest supported club in Europe. They are successful. They generate huge amounts of cash. The board pay out a huge fee just to sit on the board.

Viana you say, "And any fans bitching about it can have there say", is just not true. The definition of 'fan' is incorrect as it will only be those share holders who can have a say. The average fan will not be listened to. It will just boil down to a 'you should have invested when you had the chance to have a say'.

In an ideal world it would be great but the only security the club would have to raise money would be the ground, players etc. Would a bank be happy with that? Especially as it has proved very difficult to sell the club at the moment. You could blame Ashley for that but then why should he sell the club for peanuts? So any bad debt could see the club fold or another chancer coming in to buy the club and take on the debt.

A premier league club, if they want to advance or be ambitious, will need to invest.
These owners of clubs do not do it to make money, and if they have loads of cash they can bankroll ambition. A fans buyout would not allow this.

So I just don't see NUFC being able to pay the going rate for decent players (transfer fees and wages) to be competitive. NUFC is not like Barca and never will be. Good on you for having the blind faith though.
8th December 2009 01:06 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

Christ is this still ongoing. Look m8 even if we had a 100k stadium this still wouldn't get off the ground.

IF you can afford to stump up £1500 good on you but people have more pressing things to do with their money like paying their bills or as its nearly xmas paying for their kids presents.

You have to get your priorities right.
8th December 2009 01:08 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

Miklos good post m8 how anyone can compare Barcelona to us i find laughable.
8th December 2009 01:10 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

Incidentally, the first president of Barca was an Englishman. Walter Wild 1899-1901
8th December 2009 01:14 PM
lundypete Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Fans buying the club

viana45 Wrote:If the fans own the club it will work well, we have someone in charge of the club that we want. And any fans bitching about it can have there say. I think it will work well. .

Fucking hell, half a dozen on this forum cant agree on anything, how do you think it will work with 50,000 plus? Look at the differing opinions on the Andy Carroll thread, how would the club be able to show strength and discipline in that situation?
8th December 2009 01:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

omenator Wrote:so the club has let them see the books to project this figure? how much of that is from ticket sales, tv money etc... and how much of this income will be going out in expenses?

You don't need to see the books, we all know we are capable of turning over 100m a year, we were doing it in Freddy's day...

The Expenses issue is one which all Football will be looking at over the next few years, as it stands at the moment..

Liverpool
Man Ure
Chelsea

Are not viable businesses, Arsne wenger is right, it is Financial doping, a bit like Terry Henry, they are fucking cheating, spending money they dont generate......

We can't compete with those 3 at the moment, but they will have their hands full, beating off Citeh..
8th December 2009 01:16 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Fans buying the club

It's better than having ashley in charge.

There's no better alternative than to wait on someone.

If it's run right it will work.
8th December 2009 01:19 PM
omenator

Unregistered

Fans buying the club

yeah i agree we are very capable of turning over 100mil a year but how much of that would be profit
8th December 2009 01:20 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

Quote:we were doing it in Freddy's day...

And wasnt he the one who got the club in over £100m in debt. Sorry jinky you know along with everyone on here that the NUSC have next to no chance of owning the club. The only way they will be involved is IF the next owners want the fans to invest what money they can to get a voice on the board and that is not very likely.
8th December 2009 01:21 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Fans buying the club

I'm not comparing ourselves to barca.

Just the idea that if it's done right it will work.

As barca have showed.
8th December 2009 01:21 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

Quote:It's better than having ashley in charge.

No it isnt id sooner have that fat cunt in charge because any debt is on his shoulders and he happens to still be worth £800m and i hate the fat cunt.
8th December 2009 01:22 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

omenator Wrote:yeah i agree we are very capable of turning over 100mil a year but how much of that would be profit

Very Little...Big Grin
8th December 2009 01:23 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

A few points:

Barcelona were established as a 'supporter owned' organisation long before football became debt ridden and clubs like ours became slaves to their creditors.

As far as the £100mil projected turnover goes, I think that is easily achievable, I could be wrong but am sure we were turning over just shy of that anyway before we dropped to the Championship.

Generating the funds is going to be almost impossible, as folks have already pointed out, it would take around £250mil to have a genuine clean slate.

NUST's suggestion to raise the cash is from 3 distinct groups - Joe Public and his £1,500 contribution, which gets him one vote.

Middle / Upper class 'savers' whom generally make large deposits into their SIPPS (Pension funds) who will be approached in a bid to convince them to contribute £25k into the project through their pension fund. Sounds horrendous but there are masses of people who do invest such sums and far more in what can be considered as risky investments - NUST would be no different some might say, even more attractive if the 'saver' is a fan.

Big corporates / big dick money men who would make the rest up. They have allegedly already got backing or promises from such players, although they are yet to show their hand publically.

IF you could get the support of, say, 20,000 Joe Publics thats around £30mil.

Say 5,000 'savers' thats around £125mil.

Big corporates - Fuck knows, but if almost £150mil can be raised from elsewhere then why not?????

All ifs and buts, its not necessarily pie in the sky, I would love to be convinced to part with my money but I cant see it.

They claim to be putting together a comprehensive business plan and publishing it soon, which I for one will be reading thoroughly.

They need to go public sooner rather than later to at least give it some credibility, otherwise it will be written off as the pipe dream that it appears to be.
8th December 2009 01:23 PM
Thread Closed