Thread Closed 
Fans buying the club
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

Say the club was offered for £80m and the players wages are apparently still over £50m a year and the club owes Ashley over £110m in debt tell me how can the NUSC afford to buy the club.

Id love to see the fans owning the club like Barcelona/Madrid but we all know that will not happen here.
8th December 2009 01:25 PM
Find all posts by this user
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

When you structure an offer, the £110m debt to Ashley will be over a 10 year period, that way Ashley knows he will get it back, as it stands at the minute, he is owed £110m on paper, if he keeps the club, he will have to do the same thing himself, pay it back over 10 years to himself...
8th December 2009 01:30 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

But thats if ashley excepts having to wait 10 years for it back. He might be holding out for someone who will offer him a better deal regarding paying the debts back.

Im sure if Moat and his cronies couldnt convince ashley to sell how can the NUSC.
8th December 2009 01:34 PM
omenator

Unregistered

Fans buying the club

found this back in Jan when we were bringing in Prem attendances, tv money, sponsorships etc...

Quote:Despite a healthy turnover of £100m the club continues to be weighed down by a wage bill of £73m.

Quote:Ashley, who cleared the club's £160.7m of external debts 16 months ago, has not been charging interest on his loans. However, there is a facility outlined in the accounts for it to accrue to Ashley at 0.5% above the Libor, or London Inter-Bank Offered Rate, which at current rates would earn him £5.6m a season

So the money saved on wages from the likes of owen viduka duff martins etc... would be a big plus, however out of this 100mil

5.6mil is spoken for right away for the interest on the loan, and whatever mike ashley wants it to be paid back by per year
taking the figure down to 94.4mil
say 50mil (estimate) for players wages leaving 44.4mil
then you have the staff at around 4mil per year leaving 40.4mil
then there is the overdraft interest to pay off each season
then you have suppliers etc.. to pay for, with all this adding up we would be looking at a couple of mil per season for transfers, new wages to be added to the expenses

and all this is going off what is public of last seasons figures, when its all added up it doesn't look financially viable, which is why i would really like to see their plan for the takeover published
8th December 2009 01:34 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

Quote:£160.7m of external debts

Christ i didnt know they were that bad.
8th December 2009 01:36 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

Well based on those figures I stated above, if those targets were met then the loan from Ashley could well be slashed big time.

Its all about hitting the targets, that I guess we will find out what they are soon enough.

If a £20mil level of 'pledges' has been achieved without publishing a business plan, then I dont see why £30mil cant be achieved if everything has been addressed by the plan published (assuming that £20mil is Joe Public pledges).

5,000 'savers' really isnt a very that high a target, given the wealth in Newcastle and sorrounding areas.
8th December 2009 01:45 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

The only thing Ashley is shit scared about, is the fans walking out on him..

If that happened, he would fucking give the club away...

It's in your hands, lad's...! ! !
8th December 2009 01:46 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

Sal Wrote:Well based on those figures I stated above, if those targets were met then the loan from Ashley could well be slashed big time.

Its all about hitting the targets, that I guess we will find out what they are soon enough.

If a £20mil level of 'pledges' has been achieved without publishing a business plan, then I dont see why £30mil cant be achieved if everything has been addressed by the plan published (assuming that £20mil is Joe Public pledges).

5,000 'savers' really isnt a very that high a target, given the wealth in Newcastle and sorrounding areas.

Plus, exiled Geordies, world wide...
8th December 2009 01:47 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

The issue of 'normal folks' not being able to afford the £1,500 investment can be cornered.

It is an option to go halves, or thirds or whatever with your mates. You only get the one vote, but generally, a group of mates could decide between them what their vote was - you would imagine anyway.
8th December 2009 01:57 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

People simply cant afford to but into the club m8 especially when they know it wont succeed and it wont. People have bills to pay which is far more important than football.
8th December 2009 02:27 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

He's hardly going to stand up and start singing back...
8th December 2009 02:31 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

rotti Wrote:People simply cant afford to but into the club m8 especially when they know it wont succeed and it wont. People have bills to pay which is far more important than football.

Am not sure I agree mate.

If, and it is a big if, their proposal does make sense (if and when it is finally published of course), I think many a fan would be looking to be convinced to take the plunge. Like I already said, you could go thirds, £500 each between 3 isnt as daunting as £1,500 yet it still gets you involved.

Its all speculation at the moment anyway until we get something tangible to actually assess and break down in detail.
8th December 2009 02:38 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

Well good luck to them i hope they do it but personally i cant see it happening anytime soon or later to be honest.
8th December 2009 02:45 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

rotti Wrote:Well good luck to them i hope they do it but personally i cant see it happening anytime soon or later to be honest.

Nor me to be honest Rotti.

I just dont want to dismiss it out of hand before they have had the chance to convince me otherwise.

They need to produce something soon though, or people will just lose interest altogether.

6 week campaigne they said, we have heard next to nothing for weeks already?????
8th December 2009 02:49 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

How are they going to pay to even look at the books, i read anyone interested have to pay a fair amount of money to go through the books.
8th December 2009 03:04 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

rotti Wrote:How are they going to pay to even look at the books, i read anyone interested have to pay a fair amount of money to go through the books.

They dont have to pay as such.

They need to provide proof that they are financially able to meet the clubs asking price.

If that is the reported £80mil then if they are indeed serious about buying the club, it shouldnt be an issue.
8th December 2009 03:08 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

Im sure i read that if you look at the books you have to pay to do so and only if you buy the club do you not have to. Thats why these chancers that said they were interested didnt view the books as it would cost them a shed load of money to do so.
8th December 2009 03:36 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

rotti Wrote:Im sure i read that if you look at the books you have to pay to do so and only if you buy the club do you not have to. Thats why these chancers that said they were interested didnt view the books as it would cost them a shed load of money to do so.

I cant imagine that would be the case mate, otherwise no one in their right mind would even bother themselves to look!!!
8th December 2009 03:54 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

rotti Wrote:Im sure i read that if you look at the books you have to pay to do so and only if you buy the club do you not have to. Thats why these chancers that said they were interested didnt view the books as it would cost them a shed load of money to do so.

You don't pay Ashley to look at the books, you employ a firm of accountants to go through everything with a fine tooth comb to see where all the Assets are, Land belonging to the company etc, any deals with any parties in the name of the company, anything that could kick you in the bollock's once you have bought it...

All the things Ashley didn't do, when he bought the club..

That in itself can prove to be very costly..
8th December 2009 04:23 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Fans buying the club

But that fee will be donated from peoples pledges

if it would work it would be amazing.
8th December 2009 04:45 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Fans buying the club

Who changed my avatar
8th December 2009 04:45 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

viana45 Wrote:who changed my avatar

hahahahahaha Big Grin
8th December 2009 05:48 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

Well viana you have 4 candidates to choose from.
8th December 2009 05:58 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Fans buying the club

Well I want it changed back
8th December 2009 06:00 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Fans buying the club

Could be worse m8 it could be a pic of Thierry Henry LOL.
8th December 2009 06:01 PM
Thread Closed