Thread Closed 
So.... Premiership football...
Stoner Offline

First Team Regular

..... how do you feel about the prospect of watching it again next season?

I know that there have been discussions on here about enjoying seeing the team play (comparatively) well, and win, in the Championship.... so are you apprehensive about the standard of play next season?
I realise that a lot rides on how much money is spent on whom, but in general - apprehensive or excited?
5th April 2010 09:13 PM
Find all posts by this user
lancstoon Offline

Reserve Team

bit of both if im honest!
5th April 2010 09:16 PM
Geordie_leg Offline

First Team Regular

iTS GOING TO BE WEIRD NOT TO HAVE SKY HIGH EXPECTATIONS, WHICH WILL BENEFIT THE TEAM
HONESTLY THINK WE'LL STAY UP AND ENJOY IT

fuck caps lock
5th April 2010 09:20 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

on the down side we will now get criticised by Souness and the other shite sky summarisers
5th April 2010 09:28 PM
gb58 Offline

Youth Team

lancstoon Wrote:bit of both if im honest!

Me, too. It's more along the lines of who (if anybody!!) we're going to buy, and can we make a go of it!! I am totally resigned to MA still being here, but maybe, just maybe he will have seen a bit of sense. And that would allow us a glimmer of hope to be able to cope back up where we belong.

My 3 wishes:

A Gary Speed alike.
A Rob Lee alike.
A Sir Les/Shearer/Andy Cole alike.

HOWAY THE LADS KEEP THE FAITH
5th April 2010 09:29 PM
Vic Offline

First Team Starter

We expect better cakes and biscuits next season and drinks off the top shelf!
6th April 2010 03:32 AM
guff Offline

First Team Starter

Vic Wrote:We expect better cakes and biscuits next season and drinks off the top shelf!
Aye and smarten yourself up a bit.
6th April 2010 06:26 AM
Pablo Offline

First Team Starter

Wouldnt it be easier to upgrade the standard of the females on here altogether rather than just tarting up the Championship level ones we have at present? I cant see this lot doing much against top flight opponents
6th April 2010 07:15 AM
JTH Offline

First Team Starter

Porsonally I think its a cunt as I have got used to winning !! the team and backroom staff will change out of all recognition....ahh knaa me cups half empty but on a positive note at least we get to torn the mackems ower
6th April 2010 08:28 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

I'm looking forward to the Derby games.

Next season will be miserable, but I'm just hoping that we give the current coaching staff time to keep us up.

If we stay up then we can move forward.
6th April 2010 08:48 AM
Vic Offline

First Team Starter

*waits for SueBig Grin
6th April 2010 02:07 PM
Stoner Offline

First Team Regular

*gives Vic, Pablo & Guffs teacups to Dave The Dog for him to do stuff to*
Bastards.

I start a perfectly proper and reasonable thread on here (yes... on the ballfoot board too) and what do you lot do? Get nasty about me and my slightly-less-than-top-flight looks and abilities.

Anyone who calls me Shola gets Daves earwax added to their battenburg, ok?!

On topic:-
I have enjoyed the whole winning thing, but hated not being able to watch most of the matches. Liked seeing you lot pleased to win, but hated all the jibes about 'Divi 2'.
So, mixed bag.

Actually no. Scratch all that. I'm just pleased to see NUFC back in the Prem. Where they should be.
6th April 2010 05:51 PM
Pablo Offline

First Team Starter

*feels bad for earlier jibe at the lovely ladies here*
6th April 2010 08:14 PM
Dave the dog Offline

Youth Team

Stoner Wrote:*gives Vic, Pablo & Guffs teacups to Dave The Dog for him to do stuff to*
Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraargh. Nearly there mistress, only one more to do.
6th April 2010 08:17 PM
lancstoon Offline

Reserve Team

keep away from my cup !!!!
6th April 2010 08:19 PM
Dave the dog Offline

Youth Team

Battenburg Sir? Big Grin
6th April 2010 08:22 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

Well I for one Stoney am pleased as punch about the manner of our promotion, and am glad we are out of this weird dreamlike existence.

It's going to be odd not being the top dogs as we have all this season, but given the right signings I hope that this squad can hold its own next season. I mean, why not?

The likes of Stoke have proven that you don't have to spend millions like Sunderland to achieve safety. And Fulham have proven that under a good manager bigger things are possible.

I would prefer to see a top manager installed if I am being honest, but if this is not possible I think CH deserves a crack to prove doubters like myself wrong.

However, I still have this nagging feeling that the club may change hands again in the summer. Whether this proves to be a disruptive thing in the short-term is anyone's guess - if Ashley does sell up I just hope it is all sorted very quickly at the start of the summer to give us a fighting chance to buy players.

One thing that has set the alarm bells ringing for me already is the story in the Chronic "CHRIS HUGHTON has revealed that transfer talks with Mike Ashley will wait until the last ball of the Championship season has been kicked."

If this is true it is classic NUFC short-termism and lack of planning. Proper clubs have players lined up months ahead. It may be a clue as to Ashley's true intentions, ie. selling the club? Or it could just be what we are used to at our wonderful club.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newc...-26183008/
6th April 2010 08:22 PM
McCreery Online

First Team Regular

listening to a mackem on Legends tonight......he reckoned that the team that beat Tottenham at the weekend was worth around 41million....compared to ours that beat Sheffield last night was worth around 46 million

I couldn't be arsed to work it out to see if he was just bullshitting but it seemed genuine enough

errr.....just thought I'd hoy that one in here
6th April 2010 09:01 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

everyone keeps saying we need to spend but i dont think there will be many clubs spending much tis time round
6th April 2010 09:09 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

Harper - Bugger all
Simpson - £500k
Enrique - £6mil
Colo - £10mil
Williamson - £1mil
Routledge - £1.5mil
Jonas - £5mil
Guthrie - £1.5mil
Nolan - £4mil
Lovenkrands - bugger all
Carroll - bugger all

£29.5mil ish.

They were full of shit.
6th April 2010 09:12 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

tino Wrote:everyone keeps saying we need to spend but i dont think there will be many clubs spending much tis time round

true, but unfortunately we are starting from a position of weakness, all the other clubs already have proven Prem squads (bar the other two promoted sides).
6th April 2010 09:18 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

There are loads of players out there, available and at reasonable prices. The only clubs that will be splashing out are so far ahead of us that it doesnt matter because we wont be after the same players.

O'Hara
Luke Young
Reo-coker
Bel-Hadj
Curtis Davies?
Hutton
Boyd
Beckford
Sidwell
Tuncay
Seb Larsson

Just for starters, all will probs be switching prem clubs in the summer, and any number of players from abroad if only we look in the right places.

The pundits telling us we must spend £60mil and the like 'just to survive' are either fucking stupid or just trying to overdramatise our so called plight.

Absolute bollocks really,we are already a better side than what went down, and the league itself has arguably got shitter.

I fancy is to do ok next season, without spending a relative fortune.
(This post was last modified: 6th April 2010 09:22 PM by Sal.)
6th April 2010 09:18 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

Sal Wrote:There are loads of players out there, available and at reasonable prices. The only clubs that will be splashing out are so far ahead of us that it doesnt matter because we wont be after the same players.

O'Hara
Luke Young
Reo-coker
Bel-Hadj
Curtis Davies?
Hutton
Boyd
Beckford
Sidwell
Tuncay
Seb Larsson

Just for starters, all will probs be switching prem clubs in the summer, and any number of players from abroad if only we look in the right places.

The pundits telling us we must spend £60mil and the like 'just to survive' are either fucking stupid or just trying to overdramatise our so called plight.

Absolute bollocks really,we are already a better side than what went down, and the league itself has arguably got shitter.

I fancy is to do ok next season, without spending a relative fortune.

£60m is a joke figure made up by that gobby Forest manager. How much has Everton, Birmingham, Stoke, Blackburn, Fulham, Wolves, Bolton and Wigan spent recently?

These are the clubs we must compete with next season both on and off the pitch. I see no reason why players would not rather come to NUFC than to these sides (well perhaps not Everton) - the questions are of course how much will Ashley spend and is Hughton good enough to get the right players.

£60m is a fantasy figure made up by a jealous man - but we are at least three players short of a mid table side.
6th April 2010 09:29 PM
Tight_Ass_Bramble Offline

Chairman

We are already a mid-table side if you ask me. (and I know you didn't, but there you go)
Our squad isn't huge but it's more than capable of securing a mid-table finish next season as it is. Take any one of the other lower-table teams - Wolves, Burnley, The filthy'uns, Stoke, West Ham, Wigan - they are all as shite as we are, if not more. Take Fulham, Birmingham etc they have really poor quality squads but still manage, under excellent tutelege, to compete very well in the Prem. We, in my opinion, simply must make sure that, should Hughton not come up to scratch in the Prem, we next appoint a Manager capable of such a task. Easier said than done, I know.
6th April 2010 10:13 PM
Thread Closed