Colo asks for transfer

Colo asks for transfer

apb34 Offline

Reserve Team
Colo asks for transfer

According to the independent newspaper Colo has rocked the club by stating he wants to go back to Argentina.
(This post was last modified: 10th January 2013 11:31 PM by apb34.)
10th January 2013 11:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular
RE: Colo asks for transfer

Bull
10th January 2013 11:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
apb34 Offline

Reserve Team

Colo blow

From the Independent:

Newcastle United have been rocked by the request of their captain, Fabricio Coloccini, to leave the club during the January transfer window. The 30-year-old told club officials today that he wanted to return home to Argentina.
His representatives flew to Tyneside for a meeting to tell the club that the player no longer felt he could stay and wished to leave before the end of the month.

That is a massive blow to manager Alan Pardew's attempts to steer Newcastle away from the Premier League relegation zone. The club have won twice in their last 16 games and head to Norwich tomorrow without a league victory away from St James' Park this season.

Coloccini is currently the best paid player at St James' Park, on a salary of around £3m per year. He has become a hugely dependable and popular performer at the club and his display in the Tyne-Wear derby with Sunderland earlier in the season brought comparisons to Bobby Moore from Pardew.

However, Coloccini's form has dipped recently and his father, Osvaldo, has expressed a wish for his son to be allowed to return home for what his agent called "personal matters".

Newcastle must now decide whether to allow the £10m signing from Deportivo La Coruña in 2008 to leave during the transfer window. That may depend on whether they can find a replacement before the end of the month.

Coloccini signed a new four-year deal last year to stay at the club but the desire from the Argentina international now is to return home, possibly to join San Lorenzo, for whom he played for during the 2000-01 season and where his father is now employed.

Osvaldo has admitted his son is eager to move back to the club for whom he played on loan from Milan for a season. Newcastle may have to consider the possibility of loaning the central defender to San Lorenzo, with the Argentinean side unlikely to be able to pay a major fee for a player who made the Premier League team of the year last season.

Pardew had provisionally included Coloccini in his squad for Newcastle's game at Carrow Road. But San Lorenzo's president, Matias Lammens, appears hopeful of securing a swift solution, having admitted today they are interested in signing him.

"Coloccini to San Lorenzo is the plan A, B and C," Lammens said. "He represents much more than football – he played here six months and was champion, his father works at the club and is a fan. The deadline is next week but we cannot do anything crazy with the budget."

After starting his professional career at Boca Juniors, Coloccini left the Buenos Aires giants for Milan in 1999. Although he remained on the books of the Italian club for five years, he spent almost the entire time out on loan in Argentina and Spain.

Coloccini joined Newcastle in 2008 for £10.3m, with Pardew making him captain at the start of last season. But he has spoken of the difficulty his wife and family had in settling in England when he arrived four and a half years ago.

He said: "I came [to England] with my wife and my children. It was difficult for me but more difficult for my wife. She was at home, she didn't have friends. She is one of the people who made a lot of things for me and sometimes I think, when I play well or I give 100 per cent on the pitch, it is because I am well at home."

From NUFC.com
(This post was last modified: 10th January 2013 11:38 PM by apb34.)
10th January 2013 11:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
King Sentinel I Offline

First Team Regular

In Pardew they trust.

Shocking if true.
10th January 2013 11:39 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

The only quote from colo is over 4 years old.
Bull.
10th January 2013 11:39 PM
King Sentinel I Offline

First Team Regular

I guess Parsnip will deny/confirm it tomorrow at Fridays press conference.

Or most probably not.

2 questions, how long is left on colos contract? And could this argie club afford to buy out the remainder??
10th January 2013 11:42 PM
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter

That's the key point, can they afford to buy him?
10th January 2013 11:42 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

If he wants to go home then I wouldn't fault the bloke, but he should be told there is no fucking way he is leaving this month.
10th January 2013 11:43 PM
apb34 Offline

Reserve Team

I hope it's bull ! He only signed his new contract last season which was four years I think, but no sure on that.
10th January 2013 11:44 PM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular

If they can't afford to buy him, they should never have opened their mouths in the first place.

Do they think were a fucking charity?
Demba Ba Humbug Offline

Reserve Team

Need him to stay until the summer.
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter

(10th January 2013 11:44 PM)Silent Bob Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.If they can't afford to buy him, they should never have opened their mouths in the first place.

Do they think were a fucking charity?

Blatant tapping up
10th January 2013 11:45 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

isnt this a rehash of last weeks story.
10th January 2013 11:48 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

Keeping Colo, will be like signing a new player..
10th January 2013 11:49 PM
apb34 Offline

Reserve Team

(10th January 2013 11:49 PM)Jinkyjim Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Keeping Colo, will be like signing a new player..

Surely the club wouldn't be so underhand as to not sign anyone else then announce that keeping Colo was a major plus point. Surely not !
10th January 2013 11:51 PM
LALASAM Offline

First Team Starter

I would hate to see him go. Solid performer.
10th January 2013 11:52 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

(10th January 2013 11:51 PM)apb34 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(10th January 2013 11:49 PM)Jinkyjim Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Keeping Colo, will be like signing a new player..

Surely the club wouldn't be so underhand as to not sign anyone else then announce that keeping Colo was a major plus point. Surely not !

Getting Cabaye on the bus to Norwich, was like signing a new player, so Pardew told everyone..
10th January 2013 11:54 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

(10th January 2013 11:48 PM)NE1 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.isnt this a rehash of last weeks story.

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
10th January 2013 11:55 PM
apb34 Offline

Reserve Team

(10th January 2013 11:55 PM)NE1 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(10th January 2013 11:48 PM)NE1 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.isnt this a rehash of last weeks story.

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

I fucking hope so !
10th January 2013 11:57 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular

He'll be gone. Pardew's lost the respect of the players. They don't like his style of play. His training methods are destroying them not improving them. If Colo goes I reckon several seniors will hand in transfer requests.

Come February there'll be Shola, Sammy and the bairns left. That's all.

Pardew should have been replaced in October.
11th January 2013 08:00 AM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

Something has clearly upset him. I'm sure i read a story last season about how happy he was in the area and that his kids had Geordie accents and he was pleased to commit to the club etc etc.

Whats changed in 18 months? I know its just badge kissing but does seem to be a dramatic turn around.

If he wants to go then there's not much the club can do. No point holding an unhappy player to his contract. Don't think fat Mike will let him go on the cheap though!
11th January 2013 08:11 AM
Irish Magpie Offline

First Team Starter

Collo had been in poor form of late and is not really a great captain. Having said that, he is one if our best and most important players and he's been trying to cover the entire back for because Williamson is shit and the two FBs are always out if position. A solid CB along side him should see him back to his best.

I'd hope there's as much truth in this story as most of the media bullshit about unrealistic players coming in.
(This post was last modified: 11th January 2013 08:39 AM by Irish Magpie.)
11th January 2013 08:24 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

It sounds like San Lorenzo are expecting him to be handed over for fuck all like.

The club will have to come out and comment on this one.
11th January 2013 08:25 AM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

It might explain his absolutely dire performances in the last few months
11th January 2013 08:33 AM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

Sadly if his dad works for San Lornezo then I think there's something to this.

I think its down to David "Dave" Cameron's stance over the Falklands.
11th January 2013 08:36 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

He and his wife have supposedly split and she is buggering off to Argentina with the kids, or so the internet rumour mill says anyways.
11th January 2013 08:41 AM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

Selma Bouvier the old cow.
11th January 2013 08:42 AM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

Colo has been doing well this season.
Absolute rubbish to say he's been shite.
The thing is if anyone's noticed he is trying to do the job of 2 centre halfs every game.
He has to run to the man in possession constantly because Williamson won't.
11th January 2013 08:54 AM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

So basically the story is saying his father and this club are trying to engineer a loan deal for his son back to a small club in Argentina - they can't afford a transfer fee and he would be giving up £80k pw and the captaincy of a Premier League club.

Is the President of the club up for re-election by any chance?

Load of shite.
(This post was last modified: 11th January 2013 08:58 AM by The_Flaming_Lip.)
11th January 2013 08:57 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

(11th January 2013 08:54 AM)viana45 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Colo has been doing well this season.
Absolute rubbish to say he's been shite.
The thing is if anyone's noticed he is trying to do the job of 2 centre halfs every game.
He has to run to the man in possession constantly because Williamson won't.

Agree entirely V, again.

I think I might have to go and lie down in a dark room for a while.

(11th January 2013 08:57 AM)The_Flaming_Lip Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.So basically the story is saying his father and this club are trying to engineer a loan deal for his son back to a small club in Argentina - they can't afford a transfer fee and he would be giving up £80k pw and the captaincy of a Premier League club.

Is the President of the club up for re-election by any chance?

Load of shite.

When it is put like that I feel better as it surely couldnt be true!

Though if he is a San Lorenzo fan, and is a committed family man, that doesnt really need the cash, then it is a lot more believable.
(This post was last modified: 11th January 2013 09:00 AM by Sal.)
11th January 2013 08:58 AM