Thread Closed 
Habib bêye on his way back?
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Thing is now Ashley holds the cards if Beye wants to come back even if its just on a loan deal. He will have to accept whatever wages Ashley is offering him.

Thing is people are going on about if Colo gets injured but now with Campbell being allowed to sign for a club im hoping he will come here then we will have a bloody good defence with him Taylor Enrique and Beye.
3rd December 2009 10:24 AM
Find all posts by this user
Brassneck

Unregistered

Sal Wrote:On the basis of would Taggart let him go if he were any good? Eh? Villa are allegedly wanting rid of Beye whom they have just signed!!!!!

What has that to do with it?

taggart 9 times out of 10 gets it right, he let us have butt which was sensible cos he`s been dross,..richardson hasn`t exactly set the stadium of light alight has he?? ..and many others, if simpson was any good he will be a manure player, simple as that.

O`neill has a history of daftness,..spunking £12m on milner for example, if he cannot see the quality of Beye, then we`ll have him back, as he was loved in these parts for his consistent MOTM displays
3rd December 2009 10:26 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

The only thing is his age but in this league that is a less of a problem than if we were in the premier league.
3rd December 2009 10:28 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

Not at all mate, ManYoo arent even playing the same sport as us, their 'cast offs' are by no means damaged goods, they just arent good enough to play for the best team in the world.

The defence is fine, 10 goals conceded in 18 games proves that.

Bring in cheap cover by all means, not the likes of Beye.
3rd December 2009 10:32 AM
Reefatoon Offline

Youth Team

Brassneck Wrote:you seriously beleive that simpson will stay???

If he was any good taggart would want him back, the lad is average at best, the defence is doing ok mainly down to the excellent form of enrique and colo, and some fairly good performances from taylor.

Beye has proven before that he can do a job at CB, what happens if colo suffers an injury??, we cannot have simpson involved in the CB position again cos he is too easily ruffled, and we will start conceding again.

No-one can hold it against Beye for leaving, last season was so miserable and it looked like things would get worse,..plus he would be playing premiership footie with Villa,..he did love it here, but he`s not fuckin stupid.

We are not even near the same ball park as Man Utd, we are light years away from them. so just because Man Utd don't think he will make it in their team doesn't mean he is no good for us. This isn't 1996 anymore, we are not on a par with Man Utd. I will take any of their cast offs please!
3rd December 2009 10:33 AM
Brassneck

Unregistered

rotti Wrote:The only thing is his age but in this league that is a less of a problem than if we were in the premier league.

he`s knocking on a bit,..but has a very cool head, and a load of experience,..there is still time for this season to go tits up, a few on here seem to think that because we are top then promotion is a certainty, the team is playing with a fair amount of confidence at the moment, which is what you`d expect when things are going well,..it just needs enrique, colo, smith or nolan to suffer a bad injury and we could be found out.

Beyes experience could be very useful as the season grinds on
3rd December 2009 10:35 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

But if we dont get him and say WBA get him and we lose Simpson to injury we would be kicking ourselves. The only reason to not bring him back on loan is his wages if that can be sorted by the club and the player i cant see a problem in him coming back.

I hate Owen but id love to have the little rat back at the club as i know he would bag a load of goals in this league.
3rd December 2009 10:37 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Nutty agree with you m8 id have him back if possible as you have said further up he was our player of the year a few years back.

We are top of the tree but god knows how as even though we have won 5 games on the trot or so we have not been all over teams, so in my view any player that will improve the whole team is welcome to me.
3rd December 2009 10:39 AM
Brassneck

Unregistered

Sal Wrote:Not at all mate, ManYoo arent even playing the same sport as us, their 'cast offs' are by no means damaged goods, they just arent good enough to play for the best team in the world.

The defence is fine, 10 goals conceded in 18 games proves that.

Bring in cheap cover by all means, not the likes of Beye.

Like i say, if we lose colo or taylor for a couple of months we will be struggling unless we can get campbell in... those 3/4 games a few weeks back without those 2 players were fuckin frightening like, every time a team attacked us you felt like they would score,..simpson caught out of position time and time again,.and khiz was a joke as well mind.

Of what i`ve seen of simpson, he certainly does not fill my heart with confidence, and appears to have a terrible amount to learn,..unless yous who go to the matches are seeing something special about the lad,..hasn`t impressed me much so far.
3rd December 2009 10:44 AM
Brassneck

Unregistered

rotti Wrote:But if we dont get him and say WBA get him and we lose Simpson to injury we would be kicking ourselves. The only reason to not bring him back on loan is his wages if that can be sorted by the club and the player i cant see a problem in him coming back.

no there shudn`t be a problem, he`s a very good player and will give us more options and his experience will be valuable
3rd December 2009 10:57 AM
Texasmag Offline

First Team Regular

Lucian Wrote:so why did he leave.?

I wish I knew Figs. He has to be on less money at Aston Villa.
3rd December 2009 11:01 AM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

Lucian Wrote:so why did he leave.?

Texasmag Wrote:I wish I knew Figs. He has to be on less money at Aston Villa.

He left because:

A) Ashley wanted money and Beye of the wage bill

B) Beye was one of the players who didnt want to knuckle down for the fight of promotion, he wanted the silver edged cloud that was Villa, and sought a move away.

If answer a is correct, why on earth would he want to come back here. If b is correct, why on earth would we want him back here.
3rd December 2009 12:27 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

NE1 Wrote:I would have welcomed Beye back with open arms a few months ago. However, young Simpson has been playing great for us and deserves to be in the team. Why upset anybody.

We are getting to a stage now where we need to push for promotion and start thinking about Premier League survival. Lets not look backwards, lets move forwards. Lets nuture young Simpson and offer him a contract worthy of his abilities.

good point well made
3rd December 2009 02:36 PM
Miklos_Dora Offline

Youth Team

Simpson deserves the RB slot. So why would Beye come here to be cover for Beye when at worst he'll be providing cover at Villa for their RB slot?

If Villa do sign Richards from City then Beye may feel he's being pushed out but the city season ticket holders I know think Richards is going backwards and can't wait to get rid.
5th December 2009 09:38 AM
Thread Closed