One for COB..

One for COB..

Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
One for COB..

QUOTE OF THE DAY: "I am very proud of the club and the players even though we lost the tie. The club and players showed why we are part of the world's greatest football family." -

Fair enough, Liverpool showed great character to come back from Jamie Carragher's early error and beat Zenit 3-1, going out on away goals, but "the world's greatest football family?"

Is Brendan Rodgers doing this for a joke now?
22nd February 2013 07:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
apb34 Offline

Reserve Team
One for COB..

He's trying to say all the right things in an effort to lick the arses of the bin dippers so they don't have a go at him and get him the boot.
22nd February 2013 07:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman
One for COB..

You know what Jinks, its gone beyond the point of mockery now and they have the manager they deserve. It takes a certain kind of manager to deal with a certain kind of fan.

Put it this way, I want Rodgers with his "perfect away performance" (after losing 2-0) to stay there for twenty years or more; my life long bin dipping mate who worships Kenny wants him shot in the face.

Embarrassing cunt for an embarrassing club. It's tearing up the most knowledgable fans in the country up having to back this twat, look at the shapes Phil Thompson stretches himself into bigging them up, its fucking poetry Big Grin
22nd February 2013 07:50 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular
One for COB..

Aye but as any dipper will tell you the trouble with Newcastle is the fans have unrealistic expectations and get on the manager's back when they don't get what they want...
23rd February 2013 06:59 AM
Tight_Ass_Bramble Offline

Chairman
One for COB..

Ahem Roy Hodgson
23rd February 2013 07:38 AM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman
One for COB..

The contortions Liverpool fans get into when justifying that is quite the sight to behold. Oh, I know I've said it many times before but fuck it; they are without doubt the most delusional and hypocritical set of supporters in the Western World. The only thing that comes close to the self righteousness and reality defying thinking of your hardcore dipper is radical gender feminism.

I fucking hate them. The sheer vanity of them is unreal, convinced as they are the FA, the press, SKY, are all out to stop them from winning the title. As if any institution gives a flying fuck about them to that extent. If anything its the absolute reverse. A sycophantic media that regularly panders to the biggest bunch of space cadets in Britain. Ex Liverpool players never have to worry about getting a job, they simply walk off the pitch and onto a pastel sofa in front of the cameras. Owen on match of the day is bad enough, but it looks like "Carra" will be swelling the ranks of media Yoko Ono's from something that increasingly resembles more of a fucking cult than a football club.

Every fucking time one of these twats retires their playing ability somehow increases ten fold. Carragher, a fucking clogger who could be outpaced by Oscar Pistorius in quicksand, is now some kind of embodiment of all that is admirable about not only Liverpool but the art of defending in general. Most people will principally remember him for his comedy own goals, suicidal back passes, and being made to look like a total cunt everytime he went up against Thierry Henry. Now I've got to suffer his wit and wisdom on the telly, shredding the English language with his stupid fucking voice that sounds like something Vic and Bob would do for a club singing skit.

And that fucking gobshite manager. I've never, NEVER, heard a manager spout so much shit in my lifetime. Delusional? That fucker must live on Neptunes outer moons. Losing games two nowt constitutes a perfect away performance, posession stats more important than goals, and some of his quotes well fuck me:

“I’ve always said that you can live without water for many days, but you can’t live for a second without hope.”

On Luis Suarez: “He is a real warrior of spirit.”

“My biggest mentor is myself because I’ve had to study, so that’s been my biggest influence.”

“I started coaching for one reason and that was to make a difference for people, not just as footballers but as human beings.”

“When we have the football, everybody’s a player.”

“You train dogs, I like to educate players.”

‘I think there’s three players who will let us down this year — the cause, the fight, everything – and I have written them down already in these three envelopes. Make sure you are not in one of the envelopes.”

”I use a quote with the players,“Per aspera ad astra”, which is Latin for ‘through adversity to the stars’.”

“When you’ve got the ball 65-70% of the time, it’s a football death for the other team. We’re not at that stage yet, but that’s what we will get to. It’s death by football. You just suck the life out of them.”

“Joe Allen is one of the most courageous players I’ve seen."

“I will leave no stone unturned in my quest – and that quest will be relentless.”

“I always say a squad is like a good meal – I’m not a great cook but a good meal takes a wee bit of time, but also to offer a good meal you need good ingredients.”

“All I’ll ever do is all I’ve ever done in any job, and that’s promise to fight for my life for the people of the city.”

“I’ve always worked along the statistic, that if you can dominate the game with the ball you have a 79% chance of winning a game of football.”

“I believe a young player will run through a barbed wire fence for you. An older player looks for a hole in the fence.”

“The problem with being a manager is it’s like trying to build an aircraft while it is flying.”

He's an absolute tit. An unbelievably embarrassing pompous arse clenchingly god fucking awful galactic sized tit. He's only been in the job for eight months! How can anyone spout that much shite in eight months?!? And that fucking painting of himself he's got in his house, oh my word, what kind of colossal cunt has an oil painting of themselves in their own house? If he was Brendan Sax-Coburg I could maybe understand it. But he's just a babbling cunt with a massive head. Literally. It's the size of a fucking 1980's mobile phone.
23rd February 2013 08:33 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
One for COB..

CoB.......you've got to write that book man

Head thd size of an 80's mobile phone........heheeeee....fuckin class
23rd February 2013 09:25 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
One for COB..

Love owt like that me. It's the kind of stuff I want to say myself but I don't have the vocabulary.
23rd February 2013 10:12 AM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman
One for COB..

I have been working on a sword and sorcery novel for a fair number of years now, building up the world and what have you. Writing it is another matter entirely, and it requires a self discipline that far too often is beyond my capability to sustain, being a decadent bone idle soak.

But I'm sure that wasn't the type of book you meant. I don't know what I'd do outside of genre writing. This board is perfectly suited to me as I can ramble on about whatever takes my fancy in a whimsical and unstructured way. I'm not sure how I'd make something cohesive out of random observation peppered with spite.

I'm probably taking myself way too seriously. I could put together a collection of anecdote, thoughts, and whatever, upload it onto Amazon as an e-book and see what people make of it. Or just cut and paste that Tramadol thread in its entirety.
23rd February 2013 10:13 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
One for COB..

You'd be a best selling author in no time with that thread. It's one of a kind!
23rd February 2013 10:14 AM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular
RE: One for COB..

(23rd February 2013 10:13 AM)countofbiarritz Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I have been working on a sword and sorcery novel for a fair number of years now, building up the world and what have you.

Me too. In fact I have two or three started since 2005ish.

(23rd February 2013 10:13 AM)countofbiarritz Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Writing it is another matter entirely, and it requires a self discipline that far too often is beyond my capability to sustain, being a decadent bone idle soak.

It's bloody hard to do. I struggle with dialogue. I find it hard to make the characters have conversations without it feeling forced and unnatural. Also it's difficult to keep with a particular style fitting their social class.
23rd February 2013 11:05 AM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

It's easy......

Liverpool Football club, bunch of cunts
23rd February 2013 11:25 AM
Pablo Offline

First Team Starter
One for COB..

Not much of a book though. A pamphlet maybe
23rd February 2013 12:57 PM
Texasmag Offline

First Team Regular
One for COB..

I've always said Count should write a book. I would buy it.
23rd February 2013 01:03 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular
One for COB..

Always as in non-stop from birth?
23rd February 2013 01:49 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

i like to remind them we have come closer to winning the premier league than then.
23rd February 2013 05:28 PM
gb58 Offline

Youth Team

(23rd February 2013 10:13 AM)countofbiarritz Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.But I'm sure that wasn't the type of book you meant. I don't know what I'd do outside of genre writing. This board is perfectly suited to me as I can ramble on about whatever takes my fancy in a whimsical and unstructured way. I'm not sure how I'd make something cohesive out of random observation peppered with spite.

Bill Bryson managed well enough. Go on, give it a go. You know you want to.Wink
23rd February 2013 06:45 PM
carters Offline

Reserve Team

(23rd February 2013 10:13 AM)countofbiarritz Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I have been working on a sword and sorcery novel for a fair number of years now, building up the world and what have you. Writing it is another matter entirely, and it requires a self discipline that far too often is beyond my capability to sustain, being a decadent bone idle soak.

But I'm sure that wasn't the type of book you meant. I don't know what I'd do outside of genre writing. This board is perfectly suited to me as I can ramble on about whatever takes my fancy in a whimsical and unstructured way. I'm not sure how I'd make something cohesive out of random observation peppered with spite.

I'm probably taking myself way too seriously. I could put together a collection of anecdote, thoughts, and whatever, upload it onto Amazon as an e-book and see what people make of it. Or just cut and paste that Tramadol thread in its entirety.

"I'm probably taking myself way too seriously." ..never a truer word and all that......!!
24th February 2013 01:07 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
One for COB..

Which word?
24th February 2013 10:56 AM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman
One for COB..

Oh fuck off Craters.
24th February 2013 12:56 PM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter
One for COB..

Hehe fucking Craters..
everytime I read that word I'll look up the "negativity" and the youtube threads......Craters, fucking magic.
24th February 2013 01:01 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman
One for COB..

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
24th February 2013 01:08 PM