Hey know what.

We got 39 points another win and we wont get relegated....Big Grin

So much for us doing a Leeds.....
1st December 2009 03:26 PM
Find all posts by this user
mcshaniac09 Offline

Youth Team
Hey know what.

Norwich got relegated with 46 points last year. Think you need closer to 50 in the championship.
1st December 2009 03:37 PM
Pablo Offline

First Team Starter
Hey know what.

We havent got those 3 points yet

*Renews pessimists club card*
1st December 2009 03:37 PM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Hey know what.

well another 4 wins...

plus what did we have in the prem in terms of points.
1st December 2009 03:55 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular
Hey know what.

Gonna put my nachos on the chopping block here...

... and duly decree we wont get relegated this season.
1st December 2009 04:09 PM
14andout Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Hey know what.

I think there is more chance of us finding Bin Laden than us getting relegated this year
1st December 2009 04:12 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Hey know what.

The cunts who said, Newcastle will do a Leeds, will now be saying...

You should be at the Top, with your players......

FUCK THEM..!!!
1st December 2009 05:19 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular
Hey know what.

Jinkyjim Wrote:The cunts who said, Newcastle will do a Leeds, will now be saying...

You should be at the Top, with your players......

FUCK THEM..!!!

I will hold my well manicured hand up here - I thought the set of twats who got us relegated (once it become obvious Ashley was not going to bankroll a Shearer transfer spree) would struggle this season.

Delighted to be proven wrong. Sometimes cunts are ok. Big Grin
1st December 2009 08:43 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Hey know what.

I was aiming that at the London Press Pack..
1st December 2009 09:01 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Hey know what.

Fuck sake how shite would we have to be to get relegated from this crappy league. all i can say is if we did we would deserve it because the gulf between this league and the premier league is massive, and even this squad of players look half decent in this league.
2nd December 2009 06:36 AM
Mick Mahoney Offline

Youth Team
Hey know what.

Pablo Wrote:We havent got those 3 points yet

*Renews pessimists club card*

season is not over yet, Ashley could take us into Administration and trigger a points reduction Confused Stir

*now that should get me a pessimists club card* Big Grin
2nd December 2009 09:41 AM
14andout Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Hey know what.

Even with a 10 point deduction we would be two points off promotion I think.
2nd December 2009 11:01 AM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular
Hey know what.

rotti Wrote:Fuck sake how shite would we have to be to get relegated from this crappy league. all i can say is if we did we would deserve it because the gulf between this league and the premier league is massive, and even this squad of players look half decent in this league.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

its a process that clubs go through if they don't go back up first season.

If for whatever reason we weren't up for promotion this season and we didn't go up, all the players like Enrique, Smith, Nolan etc etc would not hang around for another season. We would have a team of no-marks and has beens. Just like the majority of the crap sides we are currently playing.

Parachute payments would start to dry up, crowds would slowly dwindle (it happened in the 70's - it would happen again), and before we know it we would be another Sheff Wed or a Forest. Once top flight fixtures and now virtually dead and buried unless a miracle take-over occurs.

This is of course the downward spiral. Right now this minute we are a Prem side operating in a lower division. I may not be toeing the party line here but believe it or not Ashley could have turfed out the likes of Smith, Colo, Jonas, Enrique etc etc to slash running costs.

For all those that are worried about what the Fat useless one will do in January, I will try and sound a note of Christmas optimism and state that judging by what happened in the summer, unless a player asks to leave (like Beye, Bassong, Given, Martins - you know, all those fucking "heroes" a few on here still seem to hold a torch for) then I think we'll keep this side going till the end of the season.

And it is more than capable of running away with this division, injuries permitting.
3rd December 2009 04:59 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Hey know what.

rotti Wrote:even this squad of players look half decent in this league.

To be fair, I dare say there plenty of PL teams that would take a fair number of our players, if of course we ignored some of the crazy wages.

Our team for last season should never have been relegated, the playing staff were more than capable of a mid table finish.
3rd December 2009 05:06 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular
Hey know what.

Sal Wrote:To be fair, I dare say there plenty of PL teams that would take a fair number of our players, if of course we ignored some of the crazy wages.

Our team for last season should never have been relegated, the playing staff were more than capable of a mid table finish.

true to a certain extent Sal, but I would have issues over the pathetic lack of creativity in the middle of the park which went back to the Allardyce period.

The main reason we were relegated was the ridiculous turnover in managers. If Ashley had put Shearer or someone with a decent record in charge in January we would not have gone down and players like Given and Bassong would not have spat their dummies out.
3rd December 2009 05:12 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Hey know what.

The_Flaming_Lip Wrote:true to a certain extent Sal, but I would have issues over the pathetic lack of creativity in the middle of the park which went back to the Allardyce period.

The main reason we were relegated was the ridiculous turnover in managers. If Ashley had put Shearer or someone with a decent record in charge in January we would not have gone down and players like Given and Bassong would not have spat their dummies out.

No doubt about it at all, I would even go so far as saying even if JFK hadnt keeled over we would not have went down.

Just a culmination of all the boardroom shananigans that sent us down.

If however we do indeed go straight back up, I would have to say that the whole debacle was for the best (speaking in foresight of hindsight, or something). We would still struggle on our return, but fuck me we have struggled for years now. At least this time our wage bill is far more modest (if not still too high), and therefore more scope to build.

Half cleansed if you will!
3rd December 2009 05:23 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular
Hey know what.

Sal Wrote:No doubt about it at all, I would even go so far as saying even if JFK hadnt keeled over we would not have went down.

Just a culmination of all the boardroom shananigans that sent us down.

If however we do indeed go straight back up, I would have to say that the whole debacle was for the best (speaking in foresight of hindsight, or something). We would still struggle on our return, but fuck me we have struggled for years now. At least this time our wage bill is far more modest (if not still too high), and therefore more scope to build.

Half cleansed if you will!

Well as the inevitability of relegation loomed there was more than one on here who volunteered the theory that it may actually do the club good. Can't remember what I said so I can't ponitificate to my usual level of condescension.

But yes, in the brave new post-recession era NUFC could actually be in a good state financially speaking. This will of course only take us so far. If Ashley is to perform the miracle of rehabilitating himself with the fans he could start by appointing a decent manager in the summer and giving him a warchest to get us off on a good footing.

ps. I wonder how many of us who ridiculed Harry Redknapp's alleged refusal to join us last season (myself included) are wondering what might have been? One things for sure, he wouldn't have got the transfer kitty ENIC have provided matched by Ashley last year.
3rd December 2009 07:49 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Hey know what.

The_Flaming_Lip Wrote:If Ashley is to perform the miracle of rehabilitating himself with the fans.

A miracle it would be!!!!

Am not sure even appointing a real manager and giving him £30mil to spend would right his wrongs now. He has gone too far with all his crazy crack.

I still feel like banging my heed against the wall even trying to understand why the fuck it all panned out like it did. The bloke must have something seriously wrong with him.
3rd December 2009 07:53 PM
Stoner Offline

First Team Regular
Hey know what.

The_Flaming_Lip Wrote:Sometimes cunts are ok. Big Grin
I thought only Richy would say a thing like that.......
3rd December 2009 07:53 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular
Hey know what.

Stoner Wrote:I thought only Richy would say a thing like that.......

Oh, my dear Stoney baby. I withdraw that casual remark. I believe I was slightly the worse for wear after a night of adulation crooning to afficianado's of "indie" music. :o
3rd December 2009 07:59 PM
DUMFRIESGEORDIE Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Hey know what.

we are going to win this league!
4th December 2009 09:49 PM
Thread Closed