Banned
Sky Sports one 10.15

Time of our lives
5th April 2010 06:26 PM
Find all posts by this user
LALASAM Offline

First Team Starter
Sky Sports one 10.15

Watched this and was very impressed by the frankness of the discussion. Ginola was very forthright. What brought everything home to me though was that to a man they couldn't work KK out. They all said that had he stayed we would have one day won the title if he had kept the nucleus of the team. Once he sold Cole though they all started to question his thinking.

Very interesting program.

As an aside, I used to turn up to watch them train and it was just like they said. Thousands watching - the defenders going for a run with the youth team, and the midfield/forwards playing 5 a side on the pitches at Durham next to the agricultural college.

Pav used to fuck off with bags of compost in the back of his car when everyone else had left.
5th April 2010 11:08 PM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular
Sky Sports one 10.15

Damn i missed that.

hope i can download it from somewhere.
5th April 2010 11:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
lancstoon Offline

Reserve Team
Sky Sports one 10.15

me too i dont have sky sports!
5th April 2010 11:36 PM
omenator

Unregistered

Sky Sports one 10.15

Yeah was a very interesting program, what i found very interesting was how honest David and Bez were. When David was talking about when KK left and how it felt like the "dad" had left them and how he had felt like he had been stabbed in the back after he had stayed at the club after Barca had come sniffing.

Then when Bez was on about playing at southampton and when they survived in the prem, sitting in dressing room when the others were celebrating he admitted he thought that this is the level you attain to, couple of seasons ago I was at the top of table.

Amazing how much of an impact that liverpool match had on them too

Seemed like the departure of KK left more than just footballing issues for the players at the time like.

The stories about Tino were good like Big Grin
5th April 2010 11:59 PM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular
Sky Sports one 10.15

Apparently it was a repeat.

I've tried looking for a download link, but i'm having no luck.
6th April 2010 11:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular
Sky Sports one 10.15

Excellent programme and far more interesting than the usual backslapping, boring "after dinner speaking" anecdotes you normally get on this show.

The stuff Ginola come out with about KK, Barca etc was very revealing. The usual stories about KK not liking the club being floated on the SE were not even mentioned by the players - were they being diplomatic? Ginola seems never to have forgiven KK for virtually leaving him high and dry. Spurs or Barca.....poor sod!

I also seemed to get an undercurrent of some kind of antipathy to the Shearer/Dalglish set up. It never really struck me at the time but I bet Shearer was just as happy to see Dalglish arrive as the others were unhappy to see KK leave.

Also, for the first time ever it really struck me how KK ultimately let us and the players down by walking out - he could have at least given a decent reason. Don't get me wrong, I would have KK back as manager tomorrow, but you could sense the tension as they discussed Keegan's walk-out. It still seemed very raw to the players.
6th April 2010 12:06 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Sky Sports one 10.15

just watched it there, taped it on the sky + and only in from work put it straight on.

very good, fuck bez can fairly talk! ginola as arragant as ever but we love him for it. and howeys broad accent. very well done, id love to see the unedited uncut version of it. id say they talked for hours.
6th April 2010 06:45 PM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter
Sky Sports one 10.15

The_Flaming_Lip Wrote:Excellent programme and far more interesting than the usual backslapping, boring "after dinner speaking" anecdotes you normally get on this show.

The stuff Ginola come out with about KK, Barca etc was very revealing. The usual stories about KK not liking the club being floated on the SE were not even mentioned by the players - were they being diplomatic? Ginola seems never to have forgiven KK for virtually leaving him high and dry. Spurs or Barca.....poor sod!

I also seemed to get an undercurrent of some kind of antipathy to the Shearer/Dalglish set up. It never really struck me at the time but I bet Shearer was just as happy to see Dalglish arrive as the others were unhappy to see KK leave.

Also, for the first time ever it really struck me how KK ultimately let us and the players down by walking out - he could have at least given a decent reason. Don't get me wrong, I would have KK back as manager tomorrow, but you could sense the tension as they discussed Keegan's walk-out. It still seemed very raw to the players.

I honestly think he went bonkers.

He almost looked ill towards the end of his first stint
6th April 2010 08:01 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular
Sky Sports one 10.15

huntface Wrote:I honestly think he went bonkers.

He almost looked ill towards the end of his first stint

Maybe his reason for quitting at the time was the truth? The thing about seeing Gerry Francis suffer when we stuffed Spurs? Might have brought home to him about the stress he himself felt.

I don't for one minute believe his statement about taking the club as far as he could take it.

Oh well, all water under the wotsit now.
6th April 2010 08:08 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Sky Sports one 10.15

KK left cos of the float
6th April 2010 08:19 PM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter
Sky Sports one 10.15

viana45 Wrote:KK left cos of the float

The ice cream drink or did Terry Mac make a mess in the karzy?
6th April 2010 08:22 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Sky Sports one 10.15

Big Grin

ginola was a good speaker, would love to trap the 3 of them in a pub and talk toon all day.

was great to hear how good KK's man management was. but i think i remember him dropping pedro for the charity shield, but to recall him at the last minute cos he was gutted. sometimes trying to be a great man manager can bounce back and hit you.

but KK was and probably still is the best man manager the PL has ever seen
6th April 2010 08:26 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular
Sky Sports one 10.15

viana45 Wrote:KK left cos of the float

I've heard this old chestnut so many times but never seen any evidence. Why would he quit over this? It doesn't make any sense to me.
6th April 2010 08:31 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Sky Sports one 10.15

well Freddie pushed for the float, he got the float, and i find it ironic that because of the float he pushed for he lost the club to ashley because of the float.

KK didnt like the way the newcastle falcons i think? we getting pages in the match programme etc, the club wasnt being run the way he wanted it. and the fact that keegan made it what it was, he got pissed off i reckon. freddie fletcher and co coming in after KK did all the hard work, and trying to act like johnny big balls, freddie shepherd as well. id be fucked off if i helped build something great, then a bunch of money grabbing dimwits came in and fucked it all up. id leave too.

and they did fuck it up. look at what happened. so KK was proved right in leaving, just the way he was under ashley.
6th April 2010 08:39 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular
Sky Sports one 10.15

viana45 Wrote:well Freddie pushed for the float, he got the float, and i find it ironic that because of the float he pushed for he lost the club to ashley because of the float.

KK didnt like the way the newcastle falcons i think? we getting pages in the match programme etc, the club wasnt being run the way he wanted it. and the fact that keegan made it what it was, he got pissed off i reckon. freddie fletcher and co coming in after KK did all the hard work, and trying to act like johnny big balls, freddie shepherd as well. id be fucked off if i helped build something great, then a bunch of money grabbing dimwits came in and fucked it all up. id leave too.

and they did fuck it up. look at what happened. so KK was proved right in leaving, just the way he was under ashley.

Proved right? He's manager of the most attractive side in England. He has just bought most expensive player in the world - a Geordie to boot. What's his beef with the way the club was run? Something doesn't add up.

Nope, I'm afraid to say as much as I admire him after the initial shock wore off I was a bit pissed off with it all, and nothing Ginola said on that programme has changed my mind. His leaving has never been fully explained by him, and those closest to it all, the players, seem as mystified as me.
6th April 2010 08:45 PM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter
Sky Sports one 10.15

viana45 Wrote:well Freddie pushed for the float, he got the float, and i find it ironic that because of the float he pushed for he lost the club to ashley because of the float.

What? Fletcher got Keegan the job!
6th April 2010 08:50 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Sky Sports one 10.15

Sheps apologies

fletcher n KK got on well I think...
6th April 2010 09:22 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Sky Sports one 10.15

It was the guy from NatWest, who was setting up the Prospectus, Keegan fell oot with, saying to Hall and Shepherd..

Where was this cunt when we were, at Filbert Street, struggling to stay in the second division..
6th April 2010 09:26 PM
Chris_NUFC Offline

First Team Starter
Sky Sports one 10.15

Jinkyjim Wrote:It was the guy from NatWest, who was setting up the Prospectus, Keegan fell oot with, saying to Hall and Shepherd..

Where was this cunt when we were, at Filbert Street, struggling to stay in the second division..

Mark Corbidge was the cunts name.i have Keegan's autobiography in front of me now.They needed 6 million to make the books look better for the float.It changed everything

He says the people who had built the team were the fans, but we were making decisions to suit the float.
6th April 2010 09:46 PM
Thread Closed