DMA

DMA

Texasmag Offline

First Team Regular
DMA

They are a very strong and formidable (if thats the right word) group, that are taking their campaign one step further. I thought they had settled their argument about the banner, but apparently not. This is going to get really interesting.

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

The clap trap from that Margaret Byrne wifey! She needs to put a sock in it. I wonder how long they had actually been talking to DiCanio? Sounds like it was all done and dusted to get rid of O'Neill before the Man Utd game had even started. O'Neill is on Football Focus today in an "exclusive" interview.
6th April 2013 11:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Venegoor Offline

Captain
RE: DMA

The more turmoil they're in, the better imo.
6th April 2013 12:04 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter
RE: DMA

Hopefully Chelsea will put 5 past them
6th April 2013 12:13 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular
DMA

David Icke on the Di Canio saga:

Quote:We have had a story running in Britain for the last week or so about a football manager called Paolo di Canio. He is a former player in this country who went on to manage a lower-league club, Swindon Town. But then he was hired by Sunderland in the Premiership and suddenly what had not been a major problem and hardly ever mentioned became a national story.

Di Canio had made the fascist salute during a match when he played for Lazio in Italy and had described his political views in terms that he was 'a fascist, not a racist' in 2005. He has also said that Italian dictator Benito Mussolini was 'basically a very principled, ethical individual' who was 'deeply misunderstood'.

Now in my world, although I profoundly disagree with him, he has a right to those views so long as he doesn't force them and the consequences on anyone and there is absolutely no evidence of that. They are just his views and he's a football manager, not standing for Parliament or starting a political movement.

The media storm over Di Canio's appointment as manager of Sunderland in the North East of England was triggered by the resignation from the club in protest by non-executive vice-chairman David Miliband, the brother of Ed Miliband, the leader of the opposition Labour Party.

David Miliband resigned in protest at the views expressed eight years ago by Di Canio, a football player and manager who has done nothing to put what he believes into political practice. Miliband, the 'man of principle', wanted to make a statement (he is moving to America anyway) that he abhorred fascism - not least as a member of a Jewish Marxist family whose mother lived in mainland Europe during the Nazi era.

Yes, very principled. But wait. Isn't this the same David Miliband, a British Foreign Secretary and former close advisor to Tony Blair, who supported the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq which killed and maimed for life millions of civilians based on lies?; is this the same man who taped his mouth and sat on his hands in the face of the ever-unfolding genocide against Palestinians by Israel when as Foreign Secretary he could have loudly and continually condemned and exposed what is happening?

It surely is.

The same David Miliband who resigned very publicly in protest at the views some years ago of a football manager who, to my knowledge, has never voted to bomb and slaughter anyone. I may not agree with Di Canio's views, but I know which of the two has done most to put fascism into practice and who therefore is the greater danger to the world.

But Miliband will not for a second see this gross hypocrisy because he is well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
6th April 2013 03:56 PM
Texasmag Offline

First Team Regular
DMA

Icke is a nutter
6th April 2013 05:47 PM
Geordie_leg Offline

First Team Regular
DMA

Icke speaks a lot of sense there.
6th April 2013 10:14 PM
Tight_Ass_Bramble Offline

Chairman
DMA

I cannot give any credence to a man who thinks lizards run the world.
7th April 2013 01:17 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular
DMA

So if you disagree with something someone has supposedly said you're likely to disagree with everything they say? Even if that statement is taken very literally and out of context?
7th April 2013 04:27 PM

Chairman
DMA

Yup
7th April 2013 04:33 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular
DMA

Oh. I suppose it makes things easy. What if he said bumming was wrong? Would you commence the lifting of shirts?
7th April 2013 04:36 PM

Chairman
DMA

Read my post again. I said I give him no credence, not automatically take the opposing view to him.
7th April 2013 04:44 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular
DMA

I don't know what credence means though. Except when it immediately proceeds Clearwater Revival (classics according to Dennis).
7th April 2013 04:46 PM

Chairman
DMA

Stick to crap Nook jokes then
7th April 2013 04:47 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular
DMA

No, I thought I might goad you over some other things for a bit until my dinner's ready.
7th April 2013 04:52 PM