Thread Closed 
Kevin Nolan
Texasmag Offline

First Team Regular
Kevin Nolan

Says Ashley has been fantastic for the club.

http://www.nufcblog.com/2010/04/03/mike-...ed+Blog%29
5th April 2010 10:41 AM
Find all posts by this user
Venegoor Online

Captain
Kevin Nolan

Texasmag Wrote:Says Ashley has been fantastic for the club.

http://www.nufcblog.com/2010/04/03/mike-...ed+Blog%29

Ah, contract negotiations are due i see Rolleyes
5th April 2010 11:23 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
Kevin Nolan

I do see what he is saying. He didn't come here to ruin the club. He came here with a vision, but he got it wrong with the appointments he made. That's where it all went downhill for him.
5th April 2010 11:26 AM
Chris_NUFC Offline

First Team Starter
Kevin Nolan

I hate that Blog, i hate Ashley, and Nolan can fuck off too.
5th April 2010 11:30 AM
Venegoor Online

Captain
Kevin Nolan

The Steve Wrote:I do see what he is saying. He didn't come here to ruin the club. He came here with a vision, but he got it wrong with the appointments he made. That's where it all went downhill for him.

To be fair, he's scored some vital goals, hardly going downhill though. Wink
5th April 2010 11:30 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
Kevin Nolan

Ever the comedian Ven! Finger
5th April 2010 11:31 AM
Venegoor Online

Captain
Kevin Nolan

The Steve Wrote:Ever the comedian Ven! Finger

You line 'em up.........................Big Grin
5th April 2010 11:42 AM
King Sentinel I Offline

First Team Regular
Kevin Nolan

Dont worry Kevin Nolan is on his toes at the end of the season.

All his gear is in storage at the minute, waiting to be shipped down south.

I have that on very good authority.
5th April 2010 02:00 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular
Kevin Nolan

The Steve Wrote:I do see what he is saying. He didn't come here to ruin the club. He came here with a vision, but he got it wrong with the appointments he made. That's where it all went downhill for him.

And what vision might that be? Buy substandard players and hope the club pootles along mid-table in the Prem in the hope that he'll turn a bit of a profit?

He had no vision, he's a chancer and thought making money in the Prem League was like flogging shitty clothes to mug punters. Well it isn't and he had no concept about running a football club.

If reports doing the rounds that he is ready to flog the club in the summer are true the better. If not, let's hope that the fat oaf has learned a tiny bit about what it takes to make a club competitive.
5th April 2010 02:14 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

First Team Regular
Kevin Nolan

Ashley out
5th April 2010 02:26 PM
BIFFAPOTAMUS Offline

Youth Team
Kevin Nolan

Ashley has taken this club back at least 17 years. We are in exactly the same position we were in when we were last promoted except then we had an inspirational visionary manager who knew how he wanted the game to be played, who could spot good players and who could attract great players to the club and who would be backed by the owner in the transfer market. The whole city was on a high back then, unlike now, where most of us with any sense of realism expect a long hard struggle next season, receiving 5 or 6 goal humiliations instead of dishing them out. Nolan has to say that Ashley is good for the club, he's his employer, but no one has to believe him, especially in the light of the evidence available. I sincerely hope tonights promotion is acknowledged with a rip-roaring chorus of 'You fat cockney bastard, get out of our club'.
5th April 2010 02:57 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
Kevin Nolan

The_Flaming_Lip Wrote:And what vision might that be? Buy substandard players and hope the club pootles along mid-table in the Prem.

Yep, that was his vision. Exactly why he spent hundreds of millions. To buy substandard players and hover.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but we are all applauding his vision when he arrived. Then as soon as he pissed Keegan off all of a sudden he was worse than Hitler/Huntley/Venables combined.

I'm annoyed as much as anyone about the state of the club now, but for people to come out with stupid statements like he came here to ruin us, to piss us off or whatever spasticated logic they have in their little minds...that's another problem entirely.
5th April 2010 03:04 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Kevin Nolan

He didn't come here to ruin us on purpose Steve, you're right.

However, he did fuck up, massively, and for that reason he worse than Hitler/Huntley/Venables combined.
5th April 2010 03:06 PM
BIFFAPOTAMUS Offline

Youth Team
Kevin Nolan

The Steve Wrote:Yep, that was his vision. Exactly why he spent hundreds of millions. To buy substandard players and hover.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but we are all applauding his vision when he arrived. Then as soon as he pissed Keegan off all of a sudden he was worse than Hitler/Huntley/Venables combined.

I'm annoyed as much as anyone about the state of the club now, but for people to come out with stupid statements like he came here to ruin us, to piss us off or whatever spasticated logic they have in their little minds...that's another problem entirely.

And what 'spasticated logic' in your 'little mind' prompts you to defend him at every opportunity?
5th April 2010 03:12 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
Kevin Nolan

I don't defend him at every opportunity. What I don't get is...spasticated views....people who think that he deliberately set up shop to ruin us.

It's unbelievable that people genuinely think that.
5th April 2010 03:15 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular
Kevin Nolan

The Steve Wrote:Yep, that was his vision. Exactly why he spent hundreds of millions. To buy substandard players and hover.

Bollocks mate. Some of us were criticising Ashley's lack of investment on the pitch when Allardyce was in charge. To have a billionaire worth £4billion buy the club off a total arsehole I mistakenly thought we were going to see a bit of a splurge to propel us away from the dead hand of post-Robson mediocrity, without having to plunge the club into further debt.

Having a billionaire owner who is too tight to finance decent transfers is like knowing a nymphomaniac who doesn't happen to fancy you - tragic is not the word for it.

You claim "we all applauded his vision" when he arrived? Nope, not in these quarters pal. He may have spent millions buying the club but that was only half the job.

Never mind going back 17 years as said above - if Ashley fails to invest on the pitch in the summer he has simply taken us back to the summer when he took over.
5th April 2010 03:22 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Kevin Nolan

The_Flaming_Lip Wrote:You claim "we all applauded his vision" when he arrived? Nope, not in these quarters pal. He may have spent millions buying the club but that was only half the job.

There were quite a few on here - including me - who were reasonably happy under Ashley until the KK transfer window...

Not everybody was happy though.
5th April 2010 03:23 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular
Kevin Nolan

The Steve Wrote:I don't defend him at every opportunity. What I don't get is...spasticated views....people who think that he deliberately set up shop to ruin us.

It's unbelievable that people genuinely think that.

Do you mind not using such childish, offensive terms Steve. As someone with a disability it's not particularly pleasant.
5th April 2010 03:24 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular
Kevin Nolan

richyNUFC Wrote:There were quite a few on here - including me - who were reasonably happy under Ashley until the KK transfer window...

Not everybody was happy though.

Fair enough richy, but I found Ashley's lack of vision depressing almost from the off.

This may not fit in with Steve's view of things but there you go.
5th April 2010 03:26 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Kevin Nolan

The_Flaming_Lip Wrote:Fair enough richy, but I found Ashley's lack of vision depressing almost from the off.

Oh I know. I remember a fair few threads worth of disagreements between the two sides Big Grin
5th April 2010 03:27 PM
King Sentinel I Offline

First Team Regular
Kevin Nolan

An Ashley apologist....well I never..!!
5th April 2010 03:27 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Kevin Nolan

same here flip no he didnt go out to ruin the club but im sure he did say he would get the club into the top 4 and he did say he would spend £100m but that never happened. He took sides with wise over KK another fucking idiot decision.

You can tell he seems genuine in his celebrations but he has done too much damage to the club to be forgiven by the fans.
5th April 2010 03:33 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

First Team Regular
Kevin Nolan

rotti Wrote:same here flip no he didnt go out to ruin the club but im sure he did say he would get the club into the top 4 and he did say he would spend £100m but that never happened. He took sides with wise over KK another fucking idiot decision.

You can tell he seems genuine in his celebrations but he has done too much damage to the club to be forgiven by the fans.

aye genuine in his celebrations because the ££££ of promotion is on his mind... not because he loves the club.
5th April 2010 03:39 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Kevin Nolan

He clearly didnt set out to fuck us over, but thats how it panned out.

He did however set out to lie to the fans, and to basically hang KK out to dry after a total public humiliation.

His 'vision' remains unclear. He said that he wanted to follow an Arsenal model blah blah, all good and well if you already have the basis of a top team.

Lets not forget he signed Coloccini for a reported £10mil and gave him £80k per week. Now Colo not turning out to be the masterful Argy centre half we thought he would be (yet??) is not the issue, the intent was there.

The signings of Jonas, Kadar, Ranger and Vukic also shows the intent was / is there to commit to the future and to the now.

I think it was Lip (?) mentioned a while back that Ashley probably shit himself when he saw what Allardyce bought with his cash, not to mention the wages that were agreed, and that was maybe the source of the introduction of all the bracket brigade. Again, those appointments did prove the intent to carry out his 'vision', he was just completely wrong in the people he appointed - Wise vs KK was never going to work.

That scabby little cunt Lamearse is a bit of a puzzler, his appointment is surely just bringing in a mate to get a wank off on late nights in the offices.

I can accept his mistakes as being misguided or just plain stupid.

I can accept the cost cutting and wage bill slashing, no one can say it wasnt needed.

What I cant accept is the lies, deceit and the downright disgraceful treatment of KK, Shearer & the fans. They can try to dress it up and spin it to their hearts content, but the facts are there that it was all a con - To what end I have no idea, there is no conceivable 'happy ending' to the shenanigans of last season, nor is there a conceivable 'vision' that will get the fans to forgive or forget.
5th April 2010 04:32 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Kevin Nolan

King Sentinel I Wrote:Dont worry Kevin Nolan is on his toes at the end of the season.

All his gear is in storage at the minute, waiting to be shipped down south.

I have that on very good authority.

Really??

I hope so mate, because he definately has no place in the PL, cant knock his contribution this season mind.

I just get the feeling that he and Smith are held in too high regard within the dressing room, and Hughton wont want to shake things up.

Hope am wrong, but if we can get rid for a few mil and save his £40k / £50k a week wages then we will be in a better position to bring in a genuine top level central midfielder. Fuck knows who though.
5th April 2010 04:39 PM
Thread Closed