Thread Closed 
Is there the same buzz?
LALASAM Offline

First Team Starter
Is there the same buzz?

I am chuffed about promotion but I am not over the moon. There are times in the past when I wished for MY CLUB to be promoted above anything else. I even turned down a nailed on shag to watch us away at Gay Meadow - sounds wrong.

But I suppose I have changed. I have boycotted (sp) the games at home, not bought merchendise etc but I still have an antipathy towards all things NUFC. Regardless of the acheivements on the pitch (which, let's face it - they are supposed to do any way) I still can't get too excited about it all. Maybe this is tempered with the realisation that torment may begin again next season. Well done lads but I think that this may only be the calm before the storm. I sincereley hope not.
4th April 2010 10:16 PM
Find all posts by this user
huntface Online

First Team Starter
Is there the same buzz?

No I'm not very excited. As (i think Mc) said on an earlier thread, its more the correction of a mistake rather than an achievement.
4th April 2010 10:18 PM
14andout Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Is there the same buzz?

I am a bit older so probably not. In 1993 we had been in division two for a number of years and there was a real feeling of progress at long last.
4th April 2010 10:22 PM
LALASAM Offline

First Team Starter
Is there the same buzz?

Yeah I agree with that 14 - I had the same feelings back then. It was euphoric. Now however; well I am not bouncing with the enthusiasm I feel I should be.

I hope you guy's understand?
4th April 2010 10:25 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

First Team Regular
Is there the same buzz?

this will be my first experience of promotion.. looking forward to it.. although i agree.. we should be in the premiership anyhoos
4th April 2010 10:28 PM
guff Offline

First Team Starter
Is there the same buzz?

Completely different to 93 but we really had plumbed the depths of despair in being very close to dropping into the third division. We had a team that should/could have stayed up last year.

I've enjoyed feeling good each and every week this year because we've won and was stotting yesterday, but there is still a lot to worry about and it all stems from MFA. The sooner he slings his hook, the better. Then, hopefully we will get an owner who we believe in and whose plan for the future is credible
4th April 2010 10:33 PM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter
Is there the same buzz?

This is no way as good as 93, as Mc said they're just putting things right...and that team of 93 were fucking magic.....and they got better, much much better.
5th April 2010 06:22 AM
Tinosghost Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Is there the same buzz?

I was at Grimsby that night i was 15 years old, the night was unbelievable. we didnt get home til 6 or 7 am.
That promotion felt like achievement, building etc.

like hunty says this is more correction of a mistake.

Remember when we got relegated and some people were saying 'this is the time to ship the dead wood and end up back in the premiership with players who finally WANT to play for us? Well lets hope this works for us and we do end up as a unit and not a bunch of strangers or cliques as Nicky butt said we were.
5th April 2010 07:34 AM
Vic Offline

First Team Starter
Is there the same buzz?

I'm very very excited, alarm set for 4 am, you miserable bunch of cuntsSmile
5th April 2010 08:40 AM
DUMFRIESGEORDIE Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Is there the same buzz?

haha well said vic!
5th April 2010 08:41 AM
Jason Mackemtears

Unregistered

Is there the same buzz?

LALASAM Wrote:I am chuffed about promotion but I am not over the moon. There are times in the past when I wished for MY CLUB to be promoted above anything else. I even turned down a nailed on shag to watch us away at Gay Meadow - sounds wrong.

But I suppose I have changed. I have boycotted (sp) the games at home, not bought merchendise etc but I still have an antipathy towards all things NUFC. Regardless of the acheivements on the pitch (which, let's face it - they are supposed to do any way) I still can't get too excited about it all. Maybe this is tempered with the realisation that torment may begin again next season. Well done lads but I think that this may only be the calm before the storm. I sincereley hope not.

Bang on!

While I`m relieved we are back where we belong I don`t feel anywhere near the elation of 93. I`ll never get excited about the club again while that fat unambitious robbing piece of shit is at my club. It will be embaressing next season once again under this Oaf. We now have the ambition to finishing 4th bottom, we are now a Stoke, a Hull, a Burnley etc.

In 93 the club had vision & drive, this regime is fucking laughable & pathetic.
Back to the bad old days of McKeag & co.

I can understand fans who are younger being over the Moon though, especially if it`s their first experience of it.
I just think a club the size of Newcastle with it`s pulling power should never be relegated again. We might never win anything but we shouldn`t be dragged to that level.

Fat Cunt will just carry on fleecing and the talk of us going bust without his `input` just does not wash with me.

I just pray for the day he fucks off the parasite.
5th April 2010 08:42 AM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular
Is there the same buzz?

It's only different now because we came from the premier league and I reckon a few fans are taken that for granted.

You ask the Forrest, Cardiff, Swansea & Leicester fans what they think of a promotion. They will be where we are back in 93.
5th April 2010 11:07 AM
LALASAM Offline

First Team Starter
Is there the same buzz?

Good point - I hadn't looked at it from that angle. Plus, with me not attending this season, I reckon I have weened myself off the drug a bit.

Still doesn't feel the sameforme personally though.
5th April 2010 11:13 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
Is there the same buzz?

I'm very excited. I was only 8 when we went up last time, so although I enjoyed it....not to the same extent as I am now.

Correction of a mistake it will be, but given where we thought we would be (i.e. lucky to get into the playoffs) I am bloody ecstatic and extremely proud of everyone involved.
5th April 2010 11:18 AM
Chris_NUFC Offline

First Team Starter
Is there the same buzz?

Jason Mackemtears Wrote:In 93 the club had vision & drive, this regime is fucking laughable & pathetic.

That sums it up for me
5th April 2010 11:19 AM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter
Is there the same buzz?

Jason Mackemtears Wrote:Bang on!

While I`m relieved we are back where we belong I don`t feel anywhere near the elation of 93. I`ll never get excited about the club again while that fat unambitious robbing piece of shit is at my club. It will be embaressing next season once again under this Oaf. We now have the ambition to finishing 4th bottom, we are now a Stoke, a Hull, a Burnley etc.

In 93 the club had vision & drive, this regime is fucking laughable & pathetic.
Back to the bad old days of McKeag & co.

I can understand fans who are younger being over the Moon though, especially if it`s their first experience of it.
I just think a club the size of Newcastle with it`s pulling power should never be relegated again. We might never win anything but we shouldn`t be dragged to that level.

Fat Cunt will just carry on fleecing and the talk of us going bust without his `input` just does not wash with me.

I just pray for the day he fucks off the parasite.

I just pray for the day I see the fat Bastards name listed alphabeticaly near the back pages of the Ronny Gill, hopefully following a long painful illness.
5th April 2010 11:59 AM
Venegoor Online

Captain
Is there the same buzz?

liam1708 Wrote:I just pray for the day I see the fat Bastards name listed alphabeticaly near the back pages of the Ronny Gill, hopefully following a long painful illness.

The nursing profession aint what it used to be......................Smile
5th April 2010 12:09 PM
Thread Closed