Thread Closed 
Spurs and Spinach
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman
Spurs and Spinach

Fucking hell, I don't know what they've been feeding their players the last couple of weeks, but it has had a sort of Popeye effect. Maybe we should try and sign their chef for next season. Our usually guaranteed six points is looking a bit bit dicey for next season on this evidence.
17th April 2010 05:33 PM
Find all posts by this user
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Spurs and Spinach

Sunderland beat them and still missed two penalties and had a perfectly good goal disallowed, and a terrible performance at Wembley from Spurs aswell.

On that evidence, the 6 points is still in the bag. Big Grin
17th April 2010 05:36 PM
Jason Mackemtears

Unregistered

Spurs and Spinach

If you want a real Popeye efect you have to dip your Knob in Olive Oyl every night!TongueWink
17th April 2010 05:38 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman
Spurs and Spinach

That is the other side of the coin.

But then a very convincing display against Arsenal, and what they are currently doing to Chelsea, and that is why I wonder what they've been feeding on the last week. Getting tanked off the Mackems, then Portsmouth is no accident, but then beating Arsenal and Chelsea (as things stand now) is no accident either.

I mean, there's being inconsistent, and then there's, erm, this. I can't work Spurs out at all. Maybe it is just one big mindgame to try and fuck with our usual six points.
17th April 2010 05:41 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman
Spurs and Spinach

Jason Mackemtears Wrote:If you want a real Popeye efect you have to dip your Knob in Olive Oyl every night!TongueWink

Big Grin
17th April 2010 05:41 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Spurs and Spinach

countofbiarritz Wrote:That is the other side of the coin.

But then a very convincing display against Arsenal, and what they are currently doing to Chelsea, and that is why I wonder what they've been feeding on the last week. Getting tanked off the Mackems, then Portsmouth is no accident, but then beating Arsenal and Chelsea (as things stand now) is no accident either.

I mean, there's being inconsistent, and then there's, erm, this. I can't work Spurs out at all. Maybe it is just one big mindgame to try and fuck with our usual six points.

Well the Arsenal game is a big derby, and in derbies, form goes out the window. (allegedly)

They were at home, they'd have been up for it, and it spurred them on to a good win.

That's given them confidence to take into the Chelsea game, which is not as big as the Arsenal derby, but still a big game, and on the back of that win they'll be thinking they can beat anybody at home.

A massive turnaround in such a short time, all because of home advantage and the hype surrounding derbies?
17th April 2010 05:49 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

First Team Regular
Spurs and Spinach

i'm looking forwards to our 6 points from them next season
17th April 2010 05:51 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

First Team Regular
Spurs and Spinach

terry sent off, the heart bleeds
17th April 2010 06:05 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman
Spurs and Spinach

I don't know Richy. I take your point about it being a derby and all, but you make it sound like it's quite simple to beat Arsenal and Chelsea (as things stand) back to back as long as you have a bit of confidence about you. I don't believe that crap about form out of the window on a derby either. That may have a degree of truth in the lower leagues, but the further up the leagues you go the more that idea seems like a lazy footballing myth. Spurs hadn't beaten Arsenal at White Heart Lane in twelve years (I think), which is consistent with the teams relative achievements over that period of time. Same as I can't remember off the top of my head that Fulham have had any memorable success against Chelsea.

The really weird thing about Spurs is that they are a very good side with a very good squad, and yet have two stinking results on the trot, then go and sink two of the best sides in the league on the trot. You might be right in that it is a simple matter of confidence, I don't know what it is, I just find it a strange turnaround, and wonder what the secret is.

17th April 2010 06:10 PM
14andout Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Spurs and Spinach

Fantastic!!! Hate Chelsea and those cockney cunts!!!
17th April 2010 06:11 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Spurs and Spinach

I will say it yet again Alex Ferguson has sold his soul to the devil the amount of luck him and his club get.
17th April 2010 06:15 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Spurs and Spinach

countofbiarritz Wrote:I don't know Richy. I take your point about it being a derby and all, but you make it sound like it's quite simple to beat Arsenal and Chelsea (as things stand) back to back as long as you have a bit of confidence about you. I don't believe that crap about form out of the window on a derby either. That may have a degree of truth in the lower leagues, but the further up the leagues you go the more that idea seems like a lazy footballing myth. Spurs hadn't beaten Arsenal at White Heart Lane in twelve years (I think), which is consistent with the teams relative achievements over that period of time. Same as I can't remember off the top of my head that Fulham have had any memorable success against Chelsea.

The really weird thing about Spurs is that they are a very good side with a very good squad, and yet have two stinking results on the trot, then go and sink two of the best sides in the league on the trot. You might be right in that it is a simple matter of confidence, I don't know what it is, I just find it a strange turnaround, and wonder what the secret is.

Definitely a strange turnaround.

I didn't mean to make it sound as though it's easy to beat Arsenal and Chelsea, but obviously Spurs aren't a bad side themselves, 5th in the league, and a derby game is a game that is supposed to bring out the best in players and in most cases favours the home side. That doesn't take anything away from the fact that both these wins are class results for Spurs.

I didn't realise it was 12 years since they'd last beat Arsenal like. Eek
17th April 2010 06:20 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Spurs and Spinach

rotti Wrote:I will say it yet again Alex Ferguson has sold his soul to the devil the amount of luck him and his club get.

If you want to talk about luck, then Chelsea were bloody lucky in the week! Two penalty decisions that could easily have gone against them, but they got away with both of them.
17th April 2010 06:22 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman
Spurs and Spinach

rotti Wrote:I will say it yet again Alex Ferguson has sold his soul to the devil the amount of luck him and his club get.

Aye mate, you can see all the football journos wanking themselves off over today, "Never write Man Utd off", "they know how to get over the finishing line", "psychological advantage" etc, etc...

I wouldn't mind so much but they were queuing up to slate Ferguson last week, and the same fuckers that put the boot in will be flying up his arse tomorrow so fast they'll hit Mach 4.
17th April 2010 06:22 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Spurs and Spinach

Im on about prolonged luck m8 over the years they get all the decisions and everything seems to go for them.
17th April 2010 06:23 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

First Team Regular
Spurs and Spinach

rotti Wrote:Im on about prolonged luck m8 over the years they get all the decisions and everything seems to go for them.

nothing to do with him being a good manager like.
17th April 2010 06:24 PM
davenufc Offline

Reserve Team
Spurs and Spinach

hate chelsea but hate man utd more ............. fuckin results couldnt have gone worse for me today ............ glad we didnt play Big Grin
17th April 2010 06:25 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Spurs and Spinach

rotti Wrote:Im on about prolonged luck m8 over the years they get all the decisions and everything seems to go for them.

I know mate, but Chelsea have had their luck in the title race aswell.
17th April 2010 06:25 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain
Spurs and Spinach

I wonder how many of 'arry's mates piled on at Betfair for defeats against the makums and pumpey Wink
17th April 2010 06:28 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman
Spurs and Spinach

richyNUFC Wrote:I didn't realise it was 12 years since they'd last beat Arsenal like. Eek

I'm sure I heard that statistic during the match, but that was only at Spurs. I don't know what the record is overall, but I have a feeling it may be even worse at head to heads in all competitions.

It is a very weird turnaround, and it will be interesting to see if they can turn over Man Utd.

Must be the spinach, unless they're all on Methodrone or something.
17th April 2010 06:29 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Spurs and Spinach

countofbiarritz Wrote:I'm sure I heard that statistic during the match, but that was only at Spurs. I don't know what the record is overall, but I have a feeling it may be even worse at head to heads in all competitions.

It is a very weird turnaround, and it will be interesting to see if they can turn over Man Utd.

Must be the spinach, unless they're all on Methodrone or something.

Aye Big Grin
17th April 2010 06:32 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular
Spurs and Spinach

Arsenal impressed me this season

not quite there but close, roll on next season they are a good bet to improve further
17th April 2010 09:07 PM
McCreery Online

First Team Regular
Spurs and Spinach

so are the others to be fair
17th April 2010 09:08 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain
Spurs and Spinach

tino Wrote:Arsenal impressed me this season

not quite there but close, roll on next season they are a good bet to improve further

An Arsenal supporter at work probably summed them up. A delight to watch, but ffs, you don't have to score the perfect goal every time.
17th April 2010 09:19 PM
Thread Closed