Thread Closed 
marty oneill
LALASAM Offline

First Team Starter
marty oneill

You pay for what you get in life mate - legal or otherwise - the more you poay the better you get. I just reckon the more you pay the more bent you get. Not often seen anything to prove me wrong.
4th April 2010 10:46 PM
Find all posts by this user
huntface Offline

First Team Starter
marty oneill

I don't agree with that. The more you pay for a solicitor has no baring on his skill.

I have no doubt for very complicated mergers and acquisitions deals that might be right, but for most every day things (employment, conveyancing, matrimonial etc) you're best off with a small local firm.

I really don't see why someone would pay £300 for an hour for an average service when they could get first rate from the lawyer in their high street.

We've all been trained the same way after all.
4th April 2010 10:58 PM
LALASAM Offline

First Team Starter
marty oneill

All trained the same - but marketed differently.
4th April 2010 11:05 PM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter
marty oneill

Not just that. Big firms can afford to be arrogant because if someone walks, theres always another client.

But its a consumer market, if a person only looks for the top firms them expect tp pay a lot. If you don't have a lot of carry i.e. future work, then you'll get fucked. And quite frankly you deserve for not shopping around.

We can't be so picky. Even difficult clients get the treatment.
4th April 2010 11:30 PM
LALASAM Offline

First Team Starter
marty oneill

Too true Hunty.

Hope all that didn't come across toooooo negative towards you. Mate is going through the wringer in a messy divorce and the legal side seem to be the only winners.
5th April 2010 10:29 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
marty oneill

O'Neill is a good manager in my opinion.

Ok he might not have won much outside of Scotland but that doesn't mean he's bad. With the clubs he's managed he's done really well.

Moyes hasn't won anything, but he's done well with Everton and for that, he gets praised. Why doesn't O'Neill?

There's no chance of O'Neill coming here though. As somebody else said, if he's unhappy with Villa's owner, he's got no chance of working with Ashley.
6th April 2010 10:57 AM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular
marty oneill

To be fair Harry Redknapp took Spurs from relegation candidates to a team with more chance of getting in top 4 than Villa - and he won the FA Cup with unfashionable Pompey - the first time a non "big 4" side has won a proper trophy in years.

O'Neill is an ok manager, but his reputation is overblown due to his exploits in Scotland and the fact that he did a lot of work for the BBC so making himself a lot of friends in the media.

I would have him at NUFC but there again there are a lot of managers I would have ahead of him.
6th April 2010 11:06 AM
jack Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
marty oneill

viana45 Wrote:cunts
the guy took villa from relegation candidates to champs league hopefuls and CC final and FA semi final
celtic from 1 title in ten years to plenty in small years
leicester to fucking 2 league cups and europe, and when he left they dropped 2 divisions!
wycombe promotions also

fuck sake hes a class manager. exciiting footy too at villa, even though i hate the tramps hes a class manager

if ever c hughton was going to be relieved of his position i would have m oneil in a fooking shot. the man is class in every regard and know's how to build team's with not a lot of dosh.
that said i favour giving CH a chance however long that may be..
8th April 2010 05:58 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
marty oneill

Quote:that said i favour giving CH a chance however long that may be

Exactly jack m8 even though i dont rate Hughton i think he has earned the right to be manager in the premier league.
9th April 2010 01:01 AM
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter
marty oneill

I don't believe in sentiment
9th April 2010 07:12 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
marty oneill

Bring KK back.