1-0 to Bristol

The Gods are with us Smile
3rd April 2010 02:05 PM
Find all posts by this user
Venegoor Offline

Captain
1-0 to Bristol

countofbiarritz Wrote:The Gods are with us Smile

Good afternoon my dear fellow, is the Champers at your elbow, ready for unleashing?
3rd April 2010 02:06 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman
1-0 to Bristol

Loaded for bear my dear chap, positively brimming. Off to the cinema tonight though with my ladylove, so I shall be aiming for one drink short of full crisis.

3rd April 2010 02:13 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain
1-0 to Bristol

countofbiarritz Wrote:Loaded for bear my dear chap, positively brimming. Off to the cinema tonight though with my ladylove, so I shall be aiming for one drink short of full crisis.

Big Grin

Is the latest film noir by French auteur Claude Mebelow on show? Or maybe the alluring Ms Winslet getting her plonks out again?
3rd April 2010 02:16 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman
1-0 to Bristol

Clash of the Titans it transpires.

I agreed to go as she said it was a remake of a Roman-Greek classic. Little did I know, the devious wench.
3rd April 2010 02:25 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

First Team Regular
1-0 to Bristol

forest 1-1... come on newcastle man
3rd April 2010 02:30 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain
1-0 to Bristol

countofbiarritz Wrote:Clash of the Titans it transpires.

I agreed to go as she said it was a remake of a Roman-Greek classic. Little did I know, the devious wench.

Big Grin

Reminds me of a story about a teacher trying to encourage interest in a reading class. He told them one day, that the book for that lesson was about, lust, bloodshed, power, double-dealing and probably more lust. They eagerly turned up to find out they where going to be reading Hamlet Smile
3rd April 2010 02:37 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman
1-0 to Bristol

That technique works better with some books better than others. Try describing Wuthering Heights in that argot.

"Well class, this is a book about going nuts on a farm in the middle of nowhere, and there's another farm where the people are more nuts. Everyone has dreams about what happens years ago, and some incomprehensible Yorkshire cunt barks at people for misplacing his hay"

Or Pride & Prejudice. "Middle class virgins swan around large country houses talking about the weather. The men stand around the piano or write letters, and every so often they all change location and do fuck all in someone else's house. After a hint of disapproval everyone gets married and tries to avoid dying from TB"
3rd April 2010 02:46 PM
DevonMag Offline

First Team Starter
1-0 to Bristol

countofbiarritz Wrote:That technique works better with some books better than others. Try describing Wuthering Heights in that argot.

"Well class, this is a book about going nuts on a farm in the middle of nowhere, and there's another farm where the people are more nuts. Everyone has dreams about what happens years ago, and some incomprehensible Yorkshire cunt barks at people for misplacing his hay"

Or Pride & Prejudice. "Middle class virgins swan around large country houses talking about the weather. The men stand around the piano or write letters, and every so often they all change location and do fuck all in someone else's house. After a hint of disapproval everyone gets married and tries to avoid dying from TB"

Class Big Grin
3rd April 2010 02:47 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain
1-0 to Bristol

countofbiarritz Wrote:That technique works better with some books better than others. Try describing Wuthering Heights in that argot.

Big Grin

Catcher in the Rye

Disaffected American youth runs away from school a lot, sneaks into his sister's room before being confronted by a hooker, and tries to say "y'know" a record number of times in a sentence.

Sir Alex Ferguson - Managing my life.

"Hassa loadsa bassas hoots ye fooka, Arbroath, Raith Rovers ye bassa strachan. Shipyarrrrrds ma boab, scupper mah jings boats, Jimmy Shand yer hyu bassa. Bondipperrrrrrrrs loadsa fuckin' bassas, Shankley coooont, nay fuggin ma boab Iberdeen, Inverness Caley Sheena Easson, huuuge tots, nay voyce. Rifereeees huge bassas, mah watch dinnae worrrrk wi' them bassas, jammy bassas, Jap Stam, boldy bassa................................
3rd April 2010 03:07 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman
1-0 to Bristol

Anything by Balzac:

"Unremitting miserly grump locks daughter in an attic and refuses to take a shit"
3rd April 2010 03:09 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain
1-0 to Bristol

The raggy trousered philanthropist.

"Capitalism really fucking sucks".
3rd April 2010 03:14 PM
alfienoakes Offline

Reserve Team
1-0 to Bristol