Tiote is off.

Tiote is off.

NE1 Offline

First Team Regular
Tiote is off.

Asked to leave and handed a transfer request in.
12th January 2016 11:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Tiote is off.

Straight RED, or two yellows..??
12th January 2016 11:40 AM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular
RE: Tiote is off.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKvQle24OGWoyzcJXAoh3...K-QKIaDniv]
12th January 2016 11:43 AM
guff Offline

First Team Regular

(12th January 2016 11:40 AM)Jinkyjim Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Straight RED, or two yellows..??

Big Grin
12th January 2016 11:44 AM
amble_ball Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Tiote is off.

Big Grin

wonder if he takes both wives with him or leaves one in newcastle for when he visits
12th January 2016 12:24 PM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter
Tiote is off.

No great loss I don't think.
12th January 2016 12:26 PM
franzeseNufc Offline

First Team Starter
Tiote is off.

Not that bothered. He had one good season and has been shit ever since.
12th January 2016 01:16 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Tiote is off.

He was like the crazy kid, you always got on the dodgem cars..
12th January 2016 01:24 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Tiote is off.

Amazed we are reportedly getting £8mil for him!

That goal in the 4-4 against Arsenal though.....
12th January 2016 01:46 PM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Tiote is off.

Although I am not disappointed to see him go, I fear the Tiote story will not do us any favours with Ashley: bought for not much (4m?), valued at 20m+ after a season or so, but he was persuaded to hang on to him, subsequent to which he has been largely crap and we will do well to make our money back. Compared to the Carroll situation where he did take the money at the peak of the hype around him, and others took the fall when he failed to emulate his early success, the Tiote situation is only going to encourage him to sell our players as soon as a big enough wedge hits the table, regardless of any potential long term benefit they might bring to the team.

EDIT: 8m? Ok double our money, so maybe it won't be so bad, though I suspect Ashley will see it as 12m lost, not 4m gained.
(This post was last modified: 12th January 2016 01:49 PM by Workshy Fop.)
12th January 2016 01:47 PM
amble_ball Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(12th January 2016 01:46 PM)Sal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Amazed we are reportedly getting £8mil for him!

That goal in the 4-4 against Arsenal though.....

You know what, I would probably trade that goal if it had prevented to utterly infuriating shouts of "SHOOT!" every single time the ball fell to him on the edge of the box ever since. Even now still!
12th January 2016 01:53 PM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter
Tiote is off.

I think you never really know the truth - Tiote was probably touted by the club at £20m but evidently there was no takers.

I can't see him ever being good enough for Manchester United, Arsenal or Chelsea. When he gave a shit he ran around a lot and put tackles in, but never knew when to stay on his feet and gave away so many freekicks in dangerous positions flying in when it wasn't required.

He also can't pass more than 5 feet.

I can't see anyone managing the top 4 seeing him anything other than a liability.
12th January 2016 02:04 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

I've always thought he was crap.

No point winning the ball then passing straight back to the opposition.
12th January 2016 02:18 PM
franzeseNufc Offline

First Team Starter

(12th January 2016 01:46 PM)Sal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Amazed we are reportedly getting £8mil for him!

Who's he going to?

(12th January 2016 01:46 PM)Sal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.That goal in the 4-4 against Arsenal though.....

Quality, one of my favourites.

It's a shame he turned out poor. I really wanted to like him but he never fulfilled the early expectations.
12th January 2016 03:35 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Tiote is off.

He's going to China, isn't he..
12th January 2016 03:54 PM
guff Offline

First Team Regular

Chink Tioté?
12th January 2016 04:01 PM
Rod100 Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(12th January 2016 04:01 PM)guff Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Chink Tioté?

Big Grin
12th January 2016 04:52 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(12th January 2016 04:01 PM)guff Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Chink Tioté?

Daft lacist.
12th January 2016 05:35 PM
guff Offline

First Team Regular

(12th January 2016 05:35 PM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Daft lacist.

Sorry, I didn't have time to complete the Ethnicity and Other Bollocks online training module at work - HR were still e-mailing me to remind me it was overdue the day I left. Big Grin
12th January 2016 06:02 PM
franzeseNufc Offline

First Team Starter
Tiote is off.

Oh my.
12th January 2016 07:07 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

Newcastle are considering an offer from Shanghai Shenhua for midfielder Cheick Tiote, according to Sky sources.

Sky sources also understand Tiote will be allowed to leave Newcastle this month after five-and-a-half years at St James' Park.

The 29-year-old started Tuesday night's 3-3 draw with Manchester United, a match that saw Newcastle unveil new midfield signings Henri Saivet and Jonjo Shelvey before kick-off.

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
13th January 2016 03:26 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

He played quite well yesterday but there were still one or two dodgy moments where he nearly lost it near our goal...if he can stop doing that he is alright..but it's become a reccuring theme..like the yellow cards.

It is a shame..because that first season he was a monster..i remember Arsenal away when we won 1-0...he absolutley bossed the midfield that day.

We also shouldn't use him like a deep lying playmaker because he certainly isn't that...need Gini or Colback (prefer Anita myself)..to come deep and get it..only give it to Tiote as a last resort..his game is to win it back and give it to the nearest player..not be the playmaker.

Makelele was the master at that...not the playmaker..but ball winner then play the easiest pass to more creative players.
(This post was last modified: 13th January 2016 03:51 PM by ToonArmy1892.)
13th January 2016 03:44 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Tiote is off.

He gets injured far far too much and still has the same senseless mistakes in his game that he always had, he is knocking on 30 now too.

If we got even £3mil for him we should get rid as lets not forget he will be one of the high earners at the club and moving him out makes a big difference to Ashley's model - Whether we like it or not.
13th January 2016 04:44 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

He isn't going to get any better, and his habit of spinning himself into the ground like Scott Parker used to do wastes more time and energy than actually winning the ball.
13th January 2016 05:06 PM
Dean20m Offline

Reserve Team

He's a liability, held onto the ball far to long, too often and gets caught in possession. It was as if he was just holding onto the ball until our crowd made a noise then he would react to it.
13th January 2016 06:57 PM
DevonMag Offline

First Team Starter

(13th January 2016 05:06 PM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.He isn't going to get any better, and his habit of spinning himself into the ground like Scott Parker used to do wastes more time and energy than actually winning the ball.

^ ^ ^ ^
Precisely this. Every fucking time! Angry
13th January 2016 07:08 PM
omenator Offline

Owner
Tiote is off.

His 51st yellow card at the club last night

For some perspective, the all time carded player in the league is Gareth Barry with 109 yellows and he's been around since 98 Big Grin
13th January 2016 07:12 PM
omenator Offline

Owner
Tiote is off.

Cheik Tioté’s mooted switch from Newcastle United to Shanghai Shenhua seems on the point of falling through after the Ivory Coast midfielder’s failure to agree personal terms.

Although the two clubs had agreed an £8m fee for a player now deemed surplus to requirements on Tyneside, Tioté’s wage demands are understood to have been rather steeper than Shanghai expected.

All seemed to be progressing smoothly when he passed a medical but a request for an appreciable increase on his current £60,000-a-week contract has met with resistance.

With Tioté still in Shanghai on Tuesday night, the Chinese retained faint hopes that a compromise might be reached but it is believed Tioté would prefer a move to the Middle East and is prepared to return to Newcastle in the hope that a club in the Gulf might come in for him before the end of the month.

His potential return would not go down well with Steve McClaren as Newcastle’s manager had hoped to re-invest the £8m in making signings from an ambitious shopping list which includes Andros Townsend and Saido Berahino.

Negotiations between Newcastle and Tottenham Hotspur over Townsend are on-going with Daniel Levy currently resisting suggestions the former England winger moves to the north east on an initial loan and, instead, holding out for a permanent deal worth up to £14m.
19th January 2016 06:34 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

Is he taking the piss?

Appreciable increase in his SIXTY THOUSAND PER WEEK!!!!!

He's fucking useless and he thinks he's worth more than the already inflated wage he is on.

Get to fuck you bag of shite over rated heap of crap.
19th January 2016 07:00 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

(19th January 2016 07:00 PM)LeazesLoyal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Appreciable increase in his SIXTY THOUSAND PER WEEK!!!!!

He kinda has a point really. That would bring him along side Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links. who is on a reported £120k a week.

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links. is reported to be on £220k a week.

Cant believe they haven't agreed a "wage" before he flew out there.
19th January 2016 07:30 PM