Daily Mail reporting that Rafa is staying.

Shingles Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

I cant be bothered to copy the link but im sure you can use the internets and look yourself. To be fair most of you could do with the exercise.

Good day!
16th May 2016 09:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Texasmag Offline

First Team Regular
RE: Daily Mail reporting that Rafa is staying.

Hehehe
16th May 2016 09:51 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

I think I've pulled some ligaments trying to find that. Sad
16th May 2016 09:57 PM
Shingles Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

and Graham Carr is apparently leaving with Rafa staying according to the times.
16th May 2016 10:08 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

YEESSSSSSSSSS
16th May 2016 10:59 PM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular

just gotta hope no cunting clubs come in for him.
16th May 2016 11:14 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

This is unbelievable really if he stays..what a mental club we are.
(This post was last modified: 16th May 2016 11:42 PM by ToonArmy1892.)
16th May 2016 11:42 PM
Rod100 Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

It is
I'll be bringing my 4yr old son to some games if he does

Why should i be the only one in the house destined for a lifetime of misery watching these Big Grin
17th May 2016 06:08 AM
Tight_Ass_Bramble Offline

Chairman

I'll still be taking my 13 year old lad. I've been taking him, on and off, for 7 years.

He's never seen us win.
17th May 2016 06:18 AM
Rod100 Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

I took my daughter to a game when we moved back to england in 2012 / 13
Southampton at home. We hadnt even sat fown and they scored lol
We ended up winning 4 - 2 and Cisse scored a beauty volley from the edge of the area
My daughter was about 4 at the time and slept through it Smile

She'll be coming too though
17th May 2016 06:35 AM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

Interviewed on BBC Radio 5 Live, Times journalist George Caulkin said:

"Things have progressed significantly today. There was a three hour meeting with Rafa and Mike Ashley on Sunday night after the Spurs game.

"He's met with Lee Charnley today, that's gone very, very positively indeed. He's flown back to Merseyside where his family are based this afternoon.

"There are more talks for tomorrow in which potential budgets will be discussed but he's already looking at possible signings for Newcastle and the mood music around Tyneside is very, very positive indeed.

"Nothing has been finalised, nothing has been agreed, there is still a chance of course that other clubs will come in for him but.....there is a very good chance that Benitez will be managing Newcastle in the Championship next season.

"It sounds very sentimental but he's been swayed by the reception he's received from Newcastle fans.

"Mike Ashley has not been heavily involved in the club - he is now prepared to give the manager what he wants."

The Times also assert that the first departure of the summer will be Chief Scout Graham Carr.

So our fans doing all they can on Sunday meant nothing eh?

The sheer size of this club and phenomenal support are two reasons this can be pulled off.
17th May 2016 06:59 AM
McCreery Online

Fan Favourite

hahaha...oh do fuck off LL

The only reason Ashley is interested in Benitez is MONEY......he's been backed into a corner and now has to accept the wishes of a truly world class manager to get him out of a hole

If McLaren had got maybe 5 more points on the board by the end of January, Benitez would just be a pipe dream

Ashley has changed his stance based purely on a business decision....the fact that it is Benitez is no doubt good news for the fans as he will only stay given the assurances he seeks to make us successful

Lets get one thing straight though......If Benitez stays it is ironically a net result of Ashley's incompetence. He needs the PL riches a free worldwide advertising for Sports Direct.......Much of the financial pressure he is under now could have been applied by the fans many years ago and we might not be having to play Championship football next season

So before you go giving yourself anymore pats on the back for your part in Benitez becoming our manager....stop and have a little think about what you could have done prior to this to help avoid another relegation happening in the first place
(This post was last modified: 17th May 2016 07:13 AM by McCreery.)
17th May 2016 07:12 AM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

You seem to have a real chip on your shoulder with the people who continue to back their club.

Guilty conscience or just realising you left NUFC behind a long while ago now.

Move on and find yourself a new club and stop slagging off the fans who support their club.

If Benitez stays it will signal, long before time a huge change in direction by the owner and that can only be a massive positive.

If his motives are to get back in the PL well that isn't a bad thing is it?
(This post was last modified: 17th May 2016 07:28 AM by LeazesLoyal.)
17th May 2016 07:27 AM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

Mac is right, Ashley is protecting his investment, He is throwing money at the club for one season, If we don't come straight back up, Benitz will be gone, there will be a mass clear out and we could flounder around for years.

In other words, we are getting Benitez, all for the wrong reasons..
(This post was last modified: 17th May 2016 07:38 AM by Jinkyjim.)
17th May 2016 07:37 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

Aye that's true Jinky. Would still love it if he stays though, right reasons or not.
17th May 2016 07:45 AM
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter

If we don't come up at the first attempt, why keep Benitez?
17th May 2016 07:47 AM
jack Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(17th May 2016 07:12 AM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.hahaha...oh do fuck off LL

The only reason Ashley is interested in Benitez is MONEY......he's been backed into a corner and now has to accept the wishes of a truly world class manager to get him out of a hole

If McLaren had got maybe 5 more points on the board by the end of January, Benitez would just be a pipe dream

Ashley has changed his stance based purely on a business decision....the fact that it is Benitez is no doubt good news for the fans as he will only stay given the assurances he seeks to make us successful

Lets get one thing straight though......If Benitez stays it is ironically a net result of Ashley's incompetence. He needs the PL riches a free worldwide advertising for Sports Direct.......Much of the financial pressure he is under now could have been applied by the fans many years ago and we might not be having to play Championship football next season

So before you go giving yourself anymore pats on the back for your part in Benitez becoming our manager....stop and have a little think about what you could have done prior to this to help avoid another relegation happening in the first place

Of course the fat man is trying to protect his investment.
Would you not?

Ffs here we are on the brink of securing the best man for the job since time forgot and all you do is slate anyone and everyone for trying to be positive for once in 8 or 9 yrs...
You were not as vocal when jokeinear was appointed yet yor hell bent on waging war when we finally have something to get excited about.
Your a fucking grade A prick.
17th May 2016 07:57 AM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

The negativity from some people is astounding, blinded by their anger towards the owner.

The reality actually is, we are very close to securing one of the top managers in the world, despite our relegation.

Not many other clubs could hold that attraction.

Benitez wanted a long term project in the UK with a club of significant enough stature that he felt he could ultimately win things.

Yet some doom and gloom merchants would rather we failed and had a Pearson or Bruce or similarly shite manager in charge.

Fuck me, put the owner to one side, he isn't going anywhere, no one is patting him on the back here.

Just be thankful that we are the club we are and we can tempt a Benitez to even consider managing us.

This is the most important decision at this club for over 25 years.
17th May 2016 07:58 AM
lundypete Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(17th May 2016 06:18 AM)Tight_Ass_Bramble Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I'll still be taking my 13 year old lad. I've been taking him, on and off, for 7 years.

He's never seen us win.

Please stop taking him Smile
(This post was last modified: 17th May 2016 08:13 AM by lundypete.)
17th May 2016 08:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wotsits Offline

Youth Team

You should try the other board on rivals mcreery they love to bitch and moan you would fit right in.
As far as I can see Ashley has publicly stated that he pretty much has nothing to do with the club, He hires people to run it and he sits back from it. Benitez has said he wants a project and wants to run pretty much the entire club. Sounds like they both want the same things so as long as the funds are available to make it happen I think we may finally have something to be positive about. I think a lot of people have forgotten that we support the club not the owners!
17th May 2016 08:37 AM
McCreery Online

Fan Favourite

heheee...fuckin hell.......you could almost forget we've just been relegated
17th May 2016 08:42 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

I totally understand Mac's point of view and I think along the same lines, I just cant bring myself to walk away.

The difference with this, and it may well be straw clutching, is that Ashley may have finally realised that his way doesnt work and he is losing far too much of his precious cash by continuing in going with this approach of 'doing just enough'.

It cant work in sport and our shambles has proven that.

Maybe the appointment of Rafa on Rafa's terms is Ashley just protecting himself and his cash, but if the result is that the football team is allowed to grow and develop on a reasonable budget with a renowned manager in charge then I really couldnt give a toss if Ashley makes another billion out of it.

Rafa being here means that we are being set up to build something and progress. The day he is fucked about and is forced to walk is the day that we know we are no longer being set up to build and progress and that is the day that I may finally give up.

In the meantime, even though we are down, I am sort of looking forward to a good season and a change in the way we as fans relate to the club, the manager and the players. Rafa gets it, he will weed out the wasters and he will have us organised, fighting and competing as we should always be - Isnt that what we as NUFC fans have always wanted? Regardless of success?

Fuck Mike Ashley, he is a massive cunt, but I actually feel optimistic and rather buzzy at the thought of a proper manager in place with the right authority and a clear passion to take this club somewhere.
17th May 2016 08:45 AM
Chris_NUFC Offline

First Team Starter

(17th May 2016 08:37 AM)wotsits Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.As far as I can see Ashley has publicly stated that he pretty much has nothing to do with the club, He hires people to run it and he sits back from it.

Do you honestly believe that wotsits? Because if you do then why is Charnley still here? He has just relegated the club and cost his boss millions. I think Charnley, along with Keith Bishop, are Ashley's eyes, ears and mouth.This stepping back from things is bullshit, he will still be making the decisions.

He has had his hands full recently with SD and all the allegations against them.He just said recently that there was no money left and he wished he had never bought the club.

This is a definite move to protect his investment and he is in a corner, but there is a silver lining, Rafa Benitez. Finally the supporters get something out of it, instead of getting screwed.

Rafa, if it happens, is a magnificent appointment, in my opinion, the best we could make in the premier league, never mind in the Championship.I would just roll back on the optimism until he is actually signed up.

I honestly believe the club is fucked until Ashley leaves, but until then, i would rather have a quality manager in charge than a no hoper.

I just hope it happens
17th May 2016 09:14 AM
DUMFRIESGEORDIE Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

I refuse to get too excited but I will not admit to not being bloody excited but I can't help but be frustrated that we never went for a manager of his experience and class before this! Why did we never push the boat out and why be so amateur! Its decisions like these that have beat us all up as fans over the years but at the same time if this does come to fruition it may finally signal a change.
17th May 2016 09:30 AM
ToonSoldier716 Offline

Youth Team

The most frustrating thing is that had we snagged him earlier, we'd still be up and keeping Rafa.

That being said, having him to give Ashley what for in the boardroom and guide the team through the championship is very exciting. He's clearly an intelligent manager who has a passion for the sport as well.

It's also obvious that this is Ashley just trying to salvage as much money out of the sinking ship he put out to sea this season, but I don't care as long as he keeps remembering Rafa is his best path to immediate promotion and larger successes once they're back up. Yes, Rafa will cost him money now, but if this fucking fat twat is such a fucking business savant, he should understand what a long term investment in quality could do for him.
17th May 2016 11:31 AM
McCreery Online

Fan Favourite

That's the key issue though TS716

Ashley in the past hasn't wanted the club to be successful

He uses the club as an advertising vehicle for Sports Direct while officially stating he wasn't interested in winning cups or trying to be the best we can be

He wants the club to survive in the PL only and not to challenge for anything.....that's why he has now been backed into a corner and the only real option for him to get back into the golden gooses nest is to employ a world class manager to do so......it will be fuckin killing him after just shelling out 80 million
17th May 2016 11:41 AM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular

He didn't shell out anything though. The money came from the club's coffers, so last season cost Ashley nowt. He still got to advertise his sock shops across the world a few times.

Now whether he puts his hand in his pocket over the summer to finance a rebuilding remains to be seen but I suspect that any money for player acquisitions will be from the same pot that was heavily raided last season plus whatever remains from club revenue.
17th May 2016 11:52 AM
ToonSoldier716 Offline

Youth Team

(17th May 2016 11:41 AM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.That's the key issue though TS716

He uses the club as an advertising vehicle for Sports Direct while officially stating he wasn't interested in winning cups or trying to be the best we can be

He wants the club to survive in the PL only and not to challenge for anything.....that's why he has now been backed into a corner and the only real option for him to get back into the golden gooses nest is to employ a world class manager to do so......it will be fuckin killing him after just shelling out 80 million

My only hope is that it serves as a final lesson for Ashley insofar as what he thought was "good enough" to run the club is not so. If he can actually realize the team is not one of his fucking Sports Direct stores and that throwing money at everything is not a solution, then it can still be a successful ownership spell.

Now mind I am being brashly optimistic BUT if Rafa is staying, that means he's getting what he wants in terms of total control over personnel decisions. If that's the case, Ashley just needs to understand that, yes, he's going to have to sink more money in the club now, but that under Rafa's direction, it'll pay dividends. He just needs to keep himself and his cronies out of the decision making processes if we do keep Benitez.

All that being said, I understand where the pessimism comes from and I fully sympathize with it. I am just getting all of my optimism out now so it can be ripped away from me and crushed as quickly as possible Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 17th May 2016 12:28 PM by ToonSoldier716.)
17th May 2016 12:24 PM
lundypete Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(17th May 2016 12:24 PM)ToonSoldier716 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(17th May 2016 11:41 AM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.That's the key issue though TS716

My only hope is that it serves as a final lesson for Ashley insofar as what he thought was "good enough" to run the club is not so. If he can actually realize the team is not one of his fucking Sports Direct stores and that throwing money at everything is not a solution, then it can still be a successful ownership spell.

Now mind I am being brashly optimistic BUT if Rafa is staying, that means he's getting what he wants in terms of total control over personnel decisions. If that's the case, Ashley just needs to understand that, yes, he's going to have to sink more money in the club now, but that under Rafa's direction, it'll pay dividends. He just needs to keep himself and his cronies out of the decision making processes if we do keep Benitez.

All that being said, I understand where the pessimism comes from and I fully sympathize with it. I am just getting all of my optimism out now so it can be ripped away from me and crushed as quickly as possible Big Grin

This is spot on. Thing is, if Ashley doesnt pull it off now, any credibility he has left, wherever that may be, will be totally shot.
17th May 2016 02:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Why has it gone quiet? I need more updates!
17th May 2016 02:51 PM