Thread Closed 
Hughton toon talks not important
omenator

Unregistered

Newcastle manager Chris Hughton is hoping to hold talks over a new deal at St James' Park this summer.

Hughton, who took over at Newcastle following Alan Shearer's departure in the wake of their relegation, has just over a year to run on his current deal.

The former Republic of Ireland international has done an impressive job this season, leading the Magpies to the verge of promotion back to the Premier League at the first attempt.

Hughton, who was initially reluctant to take up the manager's role, is enjoying the job and is ready to pledge his long-term future to the club by signing an extended deal.

"I've enjoyed the association I've had with this club and so far it's been a good season for us," Hughton told the Daily Mail.

"This is a club I would like to stay at. For the two years I've been here, irrespective of the fact that the end of last season was a difficult time with getting relegated, I've thoroughly enjoyed it.

"At the moment we've got the season to complete and surprisingly it's not a big issue for me.

"But I've got a year left on my contract and I'm sure that I'll be speaking with the owners and [managing director] Derek [Llambias] in the summer and we'll see then. It's certainly not a big concern for me."
2nd April 2010 11:37 AM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter

So he's off then...
2nd April 2010 11:55 AM
Find all posts by this user
Venegoor Online

Captain

Lucian Wrote:So he's off then...

Might end up at Leeds if they miss out again Big Grin