Takeover is orf

Takeover is orf

Venegoor Offline

Captain
RE: Takeover is orf

I'm waiting for Mickey Quinn's take on it before making a judgement.
16th January 2018 09:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular
Takeover is orf

Quinn's probably flogging a dead horse there.
16th January 2018 09:54 PM
Demba Ba Humbug Offline

Reserve Team

Nothing will happen until Summer at the earliest. Nobody will be interested while we are still in a relegation battle.
16th January 2018 09:58 PM
guff Offline

First Team Regular

And absolutely nobody will pay £300M if we're in the Championship.
16th January 2018 10:05 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular
Takeover is orf

I won't pay more than £217,651,718.24. I've made my stance clear on that.
16th January 2018 10:21 PM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular
Takeover is orf

George Caulkin‏Verified account @CaulkinTheTimes

As things stand, Amanda Staveley and PCP haven’t walked away from Newcastle, in spite of the inflammatory Ashley-approved Sky statement. As far as her camp are concerned, she’s still the only game town.
16th January 2018 10:32 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular
Takeover is orf

I've heard there's to be a fist fight on the Town Moor at midnight.
16th January 2018 10:33 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

Is this Brinkmanship from Ashley?

Perhaps he doesn’t need to sell, however his gamble there would be if we went down, all of a sudden his asset plummets in value, he then has a decision to make invest some money to try for promotion or cut his losses and they would be losses at that stage.

There is no guarantee we would make an immediate return on this occasion.

We potentially would lose players and be scrambling around trying to find decent enough ones to compete.

Surely he has only two serious choices to make in just over a fortnight.

Sell and take a small but decent profit, by negotiating a deal ranging somewhere between £250-£325 million, probably around the £280-£300 million mark.

Or, provide Rafa with at least £30-£40 million + any sales to find the players to ensure we stay up.

Key priorities being attacking players and a goalie if we have any change.

If we slip out of the PL I honestly think we won’t come straight back up.

We won’t be as bad as the Mackems, but I think we would be very similar to Villa, at least 2 seasons in the Championship, potentially more.

Why does Ashley need to take this risk? He can get a guaranteed return on his investment right now and walk away having banked 10 years worth of free advertising, which has helped promote his brand around the world.

Seems like a no brainer to me, but hey what do I know?
16th January 2018 10:47 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Takeover is orf

I reckon Ashley is just pissed off that Mandy has forced him to spend £12.50 on three new players so he felt compelled to ring his mate Craig David (proper bo I tell thee) at Sky and have a vent

He's probblies had a couple of pints and will wonder what all the fusd is about in the morning
16th January 2018 11:10 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Say Rafa walks, his staff would surely follow him..who would be caretaker manager?

Probably bring Beardsley back in from leave knowing Ashley Big Grin

Maybe it would be Simon Smith.

He might have Kinnear waiting in the wings.

What's goin on man?

Bed time.
(This post was last modified: 17th January 2018 02:34 AM by ToonArmy1892.)
17th January 2018 02:32 AM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

I think stuff is happening, and if i’m not mistaken, things are happening as well.

*taps side of knowingly*
17th January 2018 06:36 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

you missed your nose you cracker Big Grin

Totally gutted about this news but knew £250m was never going to be enough, £134m plus £129m came to derrrrrr £263m when i went to school. also thought there might have been something on nufc.cock or is all just meant to be a secret?, shhhhhh
17th January 2018 07:29 AM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

He has precedent when stirring things up because he can, as Derek Llambias will testify, amongst many others.
17th January 2018 08:37 AM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

Can’t someone set up a company, get a couple of PFI contracts and then buy the club via this govt
17th January 2018 09:05 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

[Image: DTr5llDW4AIwCIC.jpg:large]
17th January 2018 09:21 AM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular

17th January 2018 11:06 AM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

Both my father and eldest brother asked "is that real?" Rolleyes
17th January 2018 12:01 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

So,

Both Ashley and Auntie Mandy are upset as information is leaked out.

They have filtered down information consisting of different snippets of info to identify the leak.

A few days ago, a claim was made that offer had been increased, so high lighting the leak.

So, as the leak was dealing with the buyout and cloak and dagger was lost, more sensitive information could not be guaranteed security.

The deal has need pulled and moved to another agency for completion under tighter restrictions for information.

This is my opinion only, I have nothing but hope and the baby Jesus alone to base this hypothesis on.
17th January 2018 12:47 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

Anything is possible, as we have had very little actual information on what is going on anyway so far.

The media haven’t got a clue.

It could still happen, but in the meantime I’ve decided not to even stress about it, if it happens we’ll know and only then.
17th January 2018 01:09 PM
Shingles Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Takeover is orf

If I was selling something and had placed a value on it that I thought was fair (note what I thought was fair, not what everyone else thinks is fair) and someone offered me way below that price i'd reject it. If that other party then went quiet for a month or so Id just assume they were no longer interested and i'd walk away too.

Bloody hell the bid was miles below what Ashley wanted, and if the group was so rich why are they scrimping and scraping over the price from the off. Start cheap and carry on cheap I say.....could be a bullet dodged if all of this is true.
17th January 2018 04:50 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Takeover is orf

I agree with Shingles, everyone in football knew how much he was asking, if you agree or not don’t make a crap offer, then make sure someone from the paparazzi is aware of a meeting which was supposed to be private.

She has previous when negotiating with clubs, she was only successful buying Citeh, because the owner had all his assets frozen
17th January 2018 05:11 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

They have been through the books though..they have a better idea than us..they think that is a fair valuation.

It's Ashley's fault for the fact we have hardly any saleable assets now..and are in a relegation battle..if we weren't it would be valued higher..that's all on him.
(This post was last modified: 17th January 2018 05:25 PM by ToonArmy1892.)
17th January 2018 05:21 PM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter
Takeover is orf

I don't agree.

The value of something to you and what someone is prepared to pay are two different things. Same applies to second hand cars, houses or football clubs. If you've overvalued it, then no one is going to pay it. Just because someone has zillions of pounds (presumably) doesn't mean they'll just get mugged off.

I think more the sticking point has been the talk over a relegation clause. Lets be honest if anyone here was buying an asset which had the potential to halve in value in six months time primarily due to the previous owners neglect then you'd be looking for some protection.

To glibly say "well if they're so rich they should just suck it up" misses the point. These are business people. They'll make no bones about it they want to make money out of the club. And that's all anyone who owns a football club cares about - save for limited exceptions.

Whether PCP or whoever come and in make a hash of it, we'll have to wait and see. However, surely anyone can do a better job than Ashley.
17th January 2018 05:31 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Takeover is orf

Quick question Hunty

What price would you say a building like St James Park would cost in today’s market place, something Everton are struggling to get their heads around.

Surely that value must come into the final value of the club.
17th January 2018 05:55 PM
guff Offline

First Team Regular

(17th January 2018 05:31 PM)huntface Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.…Lets be honest if anyone here was buying an asset which had the potential to halve in value in six months time primarily due to the previous owners neglect then you'd be looking for some protection. …

And the longer it's dragged on (especially now we're half way into the transfer window) the more likely that scenario is. A shrewd move would have been to inject some funds to try to make sure we stay up - a chancer would probably spend nothing, congratulate himself on saving a few million quid and throw the proverbial dice.

(17th January 2018 05:55 PM)Jinkyjim Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Quick question Hunty

What price would you say a building like St James Park would cost in today’s market place, something Everton are struggling to get their heads around.

There was an interesting assessment 5 years ago in the Ronnie Gill and it didn't consider the stadium:

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(This post was last modified: 17th January 2018 06:16 PM by guff.)
17th January 2018 06:14 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

(17th January 2018 05:55 PM)Jinkyjim Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Quick question Hunty

I always thought we don’t own the ground, we merely have a lease from council, which means it’s value is irrelevant.
17th January 2018 06:42 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular
Takeover is orf

The land is leased as I understand it. The value of the stadium as a building is hard to put a figure on as what use is it other than a football stadium? I suppose what is the cost of rebuilding it? Don't businesses depreciate building values and fixtures and fittings for tax purposes? Those same accounting practices should be applied to the value of the stadium over the past decade.
17th January 2018 07:02 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Takeover is orf

All l’m saying is as a business no money needs to be found when buying NUFC, try telling Levy at Spurs he is wasting his time spending £1b on White Hart Lane, that business has had to finance it somehow...
17th January 2018 07:16 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular
Takeover is orf

£1bn? What the fuck are they building it from?
17th January 2018 08:42 PM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

i don't know what the lease says - I'll get tomorrow. I heard years ago its a 999 year lead at a peppercorn rent, with a covenant that it must be used as a sports ground or for the people of Newcastle - as its old moor land.

So essentially it's worthless. The only value it'd have would be as development but that's could never happen.
17th January 2018 08:47 PM