Thread Closed 
Bull speaks
ToonArmy1892 Offline

First Team Regular
Bull speaks

"We have a good team for the Championship – a very good team for this division. We need players for next season in the Premier League, of course, but that is normal – every team will need new players.

"It is not my work to say how many but I hope we will sign some new players because it is good to have a big squad. But if we do not sign anyone, I don’t care because our team is full of good players.

"Do I think the players who left the club regret it? I don’t know. What I can say is every player who stayed at Newcastle following relegation did so because they wanted to. They decided it was better to try and help the team win promotion than leave straight after relegation. That was the same for me.

"I wanted to play in the Championship because I knew we had a great chance of getting straight back to the Premier League. Looking back now, I know it was the right decision. Even last summer when I said I wanted to stay, I meant it. I don’t lie. People will now believe and realise why I did it.

"Yes, of course it hurts to see Premier League games on television. For me, the worst games this season were the first ones. I remember saying to Jonas at the end of games ‘I still don’t believe we are in the Championship, it has not sunk in.’ It felt as if we were missing out on something because the Premier League is so massive. But in many ways, it has not felt that we are out of it.

"But in many ways, it has not felt that we are out of it. We get nearly 50,000 coming here every week and away from home, there are always two or three thousand. It has never stopped feeling like a big club, a Premier League club.

"I hope you will see a different Jose Enrique next season in the Premier League. But I think it is not just me – it is the whole team who are better. We have a very good team for the Championship, we work hard, we are together as well and we can do that in the Premier League.

"In the Premier League, we know the teams are a different level. The teams have more ability and I know that it is a bigger challenge.

"It was also important for us to remember not only that we were in the Championship but why we were in the Championship. It was the players’ own mistakes and the fact we did not play well last season.

"We kept saying to each other to remember why we went down. That made us so determined to go straight back up. We always knew what we were capable of but it was important to remember the bad times to make sure they did not happen again.

"Of course, you can not help thinking about it (promotion) but this is a good team that stays focused on the job. That is what we have done all season and we will continue to do that. Throughout the season, we have tried not to look too far ahead and that will be the same on Saturday.

"The fact is that we are not yet in the Premier League, so it would be wrong to take any game lightly.

Asked if he'll be having a celebratory glass of something:

"I have never drunk alcohol in my life. I will not change that... well, maybe a little bit but no more.”
1st April 2010 12:39 PM
Find all posts by this user
mcshaniac09 Offline

Youth Team
Bull speaks

ToonArmy1892 Wrote:"I have never drunk alcohol in my life. I will not change that... well, maybe a little bit but no more.”

Classic.
1st April 2010 12:47 PM
NE1 Online

First Team Regular
Bull speaks

ToonArmy1892 Wrote:"I have never drunk alcohol in my life. I will not change that... well, maybe a little bit but no more.”

Getting to like this bloke more and more.

*Hands Jose a bottle of Newcastle*
1st April 2010 01:52 PM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Bull speaks

But he also forgot to say if a Offer from Spurs or Liverpool or Mankitty comes in for me i be off in a shot...
1st April 2010 01:57 PM
NE1 Online

First Team Regular
Bull speaks

Lucian Wrote:But he also forgot to say if a Offer from Spurs or Liverpool or Mankitty comes in for me i be off in a shot...

So would I mate. Them are proper teams, unlike Newcastle, who have little or no ambition. You couldnt blame him. He is far too good for us.
1st April 2010 02:20 PM
McCreery Online

First Team Regular
Bull speaks

I don't think he would
1st April 2010 02:55 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Bull speaks

McCreery Wrote:I don't think he would

I would like to think that I dont think he would.

He seems to genuinely LOVE being here.

I guess ambition will come into play if we just bundle along for the next couple of years mind.
1st April 2010 03:00 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Bull speaks

I love that Big Grin

Also like the bit about "remembering why we're in the Championship"
1st April 2010 05:38 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

First Team Regular
Bull speaks

does anyone remember the rumours when he first signed that he was a bit partial the vino?
1st April 2010 05:42 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Bull speaks

No I think it was the 'beano'

hes a big dennis the menace fan
1st April 2010 06:00 PM
Thread Closed