Poll: Boycott?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Organised boycott of a game

LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter
RE: Organised boycott of a game

He certainly won’t win hearts and minds with that bollocks.

I’ve spoken to many a diehard recently about their opinions and all pretty much said the same as me.

The boycott and the demonstrations, whilst are some people’s choice on action, none of them will shift this owner.

If we demonstrated or boycotted every time we don’t like the owner, fuck me we’d have pretty much been demonstrating all my life, save a couple of 4-5yr periods under KK and SBR.

The club has in the main during my lifetime always been a sleeping giant of a club, with massively unfulfilled potential, many a 5yr plan, many a false dawn and continually frustrating the fuck out of us.

From selling Beardsley, Waddle and Gascoigne, McDonald before them and my time.

Andy Cole was even sold at a time when we were threatening the status quo.

To all the other shit we have had to endure, it’s always been the case.

We’ve always had owners/chairmen who few of us liked; McKeag, Shepherd and now Ashley and several before them.

And SJH isn’t totally exempt, he almost lost KK before it all started remember, when KK had to hold him to ransom to back him. Hall also banked a healthy profit when he sold us to Ashley and set us on this course.

We’ve had protests in the past with the Time For Change activity of the late 80’s/early 90’s which achieved nothing really.

When did we actually get real change though?

It was not when supporters demonstrated, it was when real people with business acumen stepped up and then fought hard to oust the shareholders, through stealthy, clever and tough negotiating tactics, finally wrestling the club from McKeag and most importantly they did this with COLD HARD CASH.

It will be the same now, if the boycott and demonstrations achieve anything, the very best we can hope for will be, that they motivate Ashley to take a more active and urgent role in selling the club.

However, he is extremely thick skinned and stubborn & he will not sell on the cheap.

Anyone who thinks an empty stadium will soon get rid of him is sadly mistaken, he’s here until he gets the profit he wants.

I would argue that the planned demonstrations at his SD Stores in Liverpool and HQ at Shirebrook are arguably a better idea, hit him where it really hurts and bothers him - SD.

He may ramp up and make a genuine attempt to find a buyer for NUFC, if SD is disrupted and affected enough, that’s his real weak point, hit him there, not St James’ Park!!

I’ve thought long and hard, listened to arguments put forward and to me boycotting our club and team just seems nonsensical.

I’ve supported this club for a long, long time now and it’s part of my DNA, part of who I am, so am I expected to rip out a part of me?

No, call me stubborn, call me mad, but I’ll follow this club through thick and thin, even if we end up in the non league.

Our team need our support more than ever, we need points, they need backing, not distractions off the field.

If you really want to help this club, disrupt SD in every way you can, back the club like never before, give the players as much a lift as you can, try and be part of getting us out of relegation places, convince a potential buyer we are the special supporters we are portrayed as by some parts of the media.

I’ll repeat what I’ve always said - he’s going nowhere until the right money is on the table.

I’ve considered the proposed boycott and demonstrations and concluded, whilst I respect other people’s choice to partake, it will achieve nothing & he won’t budge.

Now I may be proved wrong and I genuinely hope I am, but where the focus should be is SD, something he really cares about.

Support the team, target the regime, target the heart of his empire.

Let’s show the world we are the best supporters in the land and at the same time target his SD baby to force his hand.

It’s all he actually cares about.

Look at him planning to take it private again, why? The shareholders had the ‘audacity’ to question his running of the business.

I respect others choice to demonstrate and boycott, that’s their decision and I would expect them to respect my choice, which is to support the team as best I can, as I always have done.

Until a seriously wealthy benefactor turns up with the readies, Ashley, sadly, is here to stay.

Keep the faith.
1st November 2018 06:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

You support one of the biggest sleeping giants in British football

Your support has not seen us lift a cup in almost 50 years

Your support and loyalty counts for fuck all other than in your own mind
2nd November 2018 09:23 PM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

That Fuckwit Lascelles made my mind up once and for all, the club is dead, full of fucking Zombies, it’s going nowhere but down, down, down. I can’t be a part of a sporting entity that does not exist to compete, then get told by a failure that I’m the reason they fail.
2nd November 2018 09:35 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

Fuck the lot of them...

All we need is that little cunt Perez to tell us how important it is to win the next game, all together...

Fucking prick
(This post was last modified: 2nd November 2018 09:47 PM by Jinkyjim.)
2nd November 2018 09:45 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

(2nd November 2018 09:23 PM)McCreery Wrote:  You support one of the biggest sleeping giants in British football

Aye and it’s been this way virtually all my life.

As James sang “If I hadn’t seen such riches, I could live with being poor” - damn it KK and SBR both made me believe in what I’d always known, deep down when we were really, really shit, I’d read our history, heard the stories from the lucky auld folk who had witnessed Milburn & our 3 cup wins in the 50’s.

I knew we had the capacity to compete for honours & KK and SBR showed us.

Imagine Ardiles had been kept on for just a couple more weeks, 3rd tier football would have been seen, no Sir John Hall dream ticket with KK, no upsetting the likes of Man U or playing across Europe or being the Entertainers.

NUFC have been so fucking mismanaged over the last 5 decades, since our last shiny pot.

However, that doesn’t detract from the fact it’s our club, it’s what we love, it’s what we committed our soul to long ago and regardless of how bad it is or how the hope flickers to almost ash, it’s still our club, nothing can take that away from us, not even the FCB.

We should never turn our back on it.

He will go, one day he will go, just like the other shysters we have had over the years.

Believe this though, whoever does finally take over, we’ll be wanting them cunts out just the same at some point in the future, it’s inevitable, based on past experience.

Most of us wanted Shepherd out remember, well look what we got......
2nd November 2018 11:50 PM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

(2nd November 2018 11:50 PM)LeazesLoyal Wrote:  
(2nd November 2018 09:23 PM)McCreery Wrote:  You support one of the biggest sleeping giants in British football

Aye and it’s been this way virtually all my life.

As James sang “If I hadn’t seen such riches, I could live with being poor” - damn it KK and SBR both made me believe in what I’d always known, deep down when we were really, really shit, I’d read our history, heard the stories from the lucky auld folk who had witnessed Milburn & our 3 cup wins in the 50’s.

I knew we had the capacity to compete for honours & KK and SBR showed us.

Imagine Ardiles had been kept on for just a couple more weeks, 3rd tier football would have been seen, no Sir John Hall dream ticket with KK, no upsetting the likes of Man U or playing across Europe or being the Entertainers.

NUFC have been so fucking mismanaged over the last 5 decades, since our last shiny pot.

However, that doesn’t detract from the fact it’s our club, it’s what we love, it’s what we committed our soul to long ago and regardless of how bad it is or how the hope flickers to almost ash, it’s still our club, nothing can take that away from us, not even the FCB.

We should never turn our back on it.

He will go, one day he will go, just like the other shysters we have had over the years.

Believe this though, whoever does finally take over, we’ll be wanting them cunts out just the same at some point in the future, it’s inevitable, based on past experience.

The club is fucked.
3rd November 2018 12:29 AM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

(2nd November 2018 11:50 PM)LeazesLoyal Wrote:  

So what's your point?

We shouldn't want Ashley out incase we get someone worse than him?

Laughable.
3rd November 2018 02:00 AM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

You’ll never get it TA.
3rd November 2018 10:37 AM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

You on about.
3rd November 2018 12:35 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

Your idiotic comments.
3rd November 2018 08:50 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Thanks for clearing that up.
3rd November 2018 09:03 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

(3rd November 2018 09:03 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote:  Thanks for clearing that up.

You’re welcome Wink
3rd November 2018 10:21 PM
carters Offline

Reserve Team

(1st November 2018 06:37 PM)LeazesLoyal Wrote:  He certainly won’t win hearts and minds with that bollocks.

I’ve spoken to many a diehard recently about their opinions and all pretty much said the same as me.

The boycott and the demonstrations, whilst are some people’s choice on action, none of them will shift this owner.

If we demonstrated or boycotted every time we don’t like the owner, fuck me we’d have pretty much been demonstrating all my life, save a couple of 4-5yr periods under KK and SBR.

The club has in the main during my lifetime always been a sleeping giant of a club, with massively unfulfilled potential, many a 5yr plan, many a false dawn and continually frustrating the fuck out of us.

From selling Beardsley, Waddle and Gascoigne, McDonald before them and my time.

Andy Cole was even sold at a time when we were threatening the status quo.

To all the other shit we have had to endure, it’s always been the case.

We’ve always had owners/chairmen who few of us liked; McKeag, Shepherd and now Ashley and several before them.

And SJH isn’t totally exempt, he almost lost KK before it all started remember, when KK had to hold him to ransom to back him. Hall also banked a healthy profit when he sold us to Ashley and set us on this course.

We’ve had protests in the past with the Time For Change activity of the late 80’s/early 90’s which achieved nothing really.

When did we actually get real change though?

It was not when supporters demonstrated, it was when real people with business acumen stepped up and then fought hard to oust the shareholders, through stealthy, clever and tough negotiating tactics, finally wrestling the club from McKeag and most importantly they did this with COLD HARD CASH.

It will be the same now, if the boycott and demonstrations achieve anything, the very best we can hope for will be, that they motivate Ashley to take a more active and urgent role in selling the club.

However, he is extremely thick skinned and stubborn & he will not sell on the cheap.

Anyone who thinks an empty stadium will soon get rid of him is sadly mistaken, he’s here until he gets the profit he wants.

I would argue that the planned demonstrations at his SD Stores in Liverpool and HQ at Shirebrook are arguably a better idea, hit him where it really hurts and bothers him - SD.

He may ramp up and make a genuine attempt to find a buyer for NUFC, if SD is disrupted and affected enough, that’s his real weak point, hit him there, not St James’ Park!!

I’ve thought long and hard, listened to arguments put forward and to me boycotting our club and team just seems nonsensical.

I’ve supported this club for a long, long time now and it’s part of my DNA, part of who I am, so am I expected to rip out a part of me?

No, call me stubborn, call me mad, but I’ll follow this club through thick and thin, even if we end up in the non league.

Our team need our support more than ever, we need points, they need backing, not distractions off the field.

If you really want to help this club, disrupt SD in every way you can, back the club like never before, give the players as much a lift as you can, try and be part of getting us out of relegation places, convince a potential buyer we are the special supporters we are portrayed as by some parts of the media.

I’ll repeat what I’ve always said - he’s going nowhere until the right money is on the table.

I’ve considered the proposed boycott and demonstrations and concluded, whilst I respect other people’s choice to partake, it will achieve nothing & he won’t budge.

Now I may be proved wrong and I genuinely hope I am, but where the focus should be is SD, something he really cares about.

Support the team, target the regime, target the heart of his empire.

Let’s show the world we are the best supporters in the land and at the same time target his SD baby to force his hand.

It’s all he actually cares about.

Look at him planning to take it private again, why? The shareholders had the ‘audacity’ to question his running of the business.

I respect others choice to demonstrate and boycott, that’s their decision and I would expect them to respect my choice, which is to support the team as best I can, as I always have done.

Until a seriously wealthy benefactor turns up with the readies, Ashley, sadly, is here to stay.

Keep the faith.

Never ever post when you are pissed or even worse when weve have just beaten watford and you are also pissed...
4th November 2018 02:40 AM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

Posted when sober and about 2 days before the game Wink

Sorry it does suit half a dozen people on a hardy read message board, who think they represent Toon fans.

The majority don’t agree with you, sorry.

We want Ashley Out is about the only part I agree with, the approach however is wrong.

Disrupt SD is what will cause him the most grief.

Boycotting would simply affect the team.
4th November 2018 10:48 AM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

Oh my God, boycotting would make the team, Worse..???
4th November 2018 10:56 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

This is the twisted logic of it Jinky....

Support the team not the regime - I'd love to hear an explanation of how that works

Support the team through thick and thin = sitting in silence and booing the managers subs and the team off the pitch

LL now reckons he speaks for the majority of toon fans - I think he thinks the only toon fans are the ones who currently go to the match.

He agrees that we need Ashley out but reckons 'the approach' is all wrong - he states this while fully endorsing Ashley's piss taking by taking his seat season after season - that is the truly laughable part of his stance but he is just too fuckin blinkered to see it

Like I said in an earlier thread - we are one of the least successful 'big clubs' and have been for decades. The club is being raped and pillaged yet he reckons that him and the majority have it right - it really is a tradgedy that him and his like don't have enough pride in themselves and the City to even attempt to do anything about it

A few pints with the lads and another game to add to the list is all that fuckin matters to these people

(This post was last modified: 4th November 2018 01:45 PM by McCreery.)
4th November 2018 11:24 AM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

Message for Leazes Loyal...

Coach travel laid on for Newcastle fans to protest against Mike Ashley at Sports Direct HQ
Next Newcastle fans protest against Mike Ashley will be at Sports Direct HQ, details of coach travel announced for anybody wanting to go.
4th November 2018 06:01 PM
davenufc Offline

Reserve Team

(4th November 2018 11:24 AM)McCreery Wrote:  This is the twisted logic of it Jinky....

Support the team not the regime - I'd love to hear an explanation of how that works

Support the team through thick and thin = sitting in silence and booing the managers subs and the team off the pitch

LL now reckons he speaks for the majority of toon fans - I think he thinks the only toon fans are the ones who currently go to the match.

He agrees that we need Ashley out but reckons 'the approach' is all wrong - he states this while fully endorsing Ashley's piss taking by taking his seat season after season - that is the truly laughable part of his stance but he is just too fuckin blinkered to see it

Like I said in an earlier thread - we are one of the least successful 'big clubs' and have been for decades. The club is being raped and pillaged yet he reckons that him and the majority have it right - it really is a tradgedy that him and his like don't have enough pride in themselves and the City to even attempt to do anything about it

A few pints with the lads and another game to add to the list is all that fuckin matters to these people

Spot on
4th November 2018 09:10 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

(4th November 2018 10:48 AM)LeazesLoyal Wrote:  Posted when sober and about 2 days before the game Wink

Sorry it does suit half a dozen people on a hardy read message board, who think they represent Toon fans.

We want Ashley Out is about the only part I agree with, the approach however is wrong.

The other post was too big to quote but the way I see it you are saying that some of the Magpie Groups ideas are worth sustaining but not others - Thats fine and fair enough, but would it really hurt to just back them all? Miss one game in line with their long list of protests coming from different angles?

No it wont budge Ashley, but it will draw a lot of attention and criticism which we all know he cant take at all. Thick skin he has not got at all, he cries and kicks out like a baby when he gets name called.

I grew up in Hartlepool through the 80's with a foreign name - That gives you thick skin.
5th November 2018 09:30 AM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

Quote. “ The majority don’t agree with you, sorry “

The population of Newcastle and sorounding area is approximately 1.1M people, the only people you seem to poll are all at the matches with you,hardly a true cross section of opinions.

I would say, you are in the minority LL, not the rest of Tyneside
5th November 2018 09:54 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

(5th November 2018 09:30 AM)Sal Wrote:  
(4th November 2018 10:48 AM)LeazesLoyal Wrote:  Posted when sober and about 2 days before the game Wink

The other post was too big to quote but the way I see it you are saying that some of the Magpie Groups ideas are worth sustaining but not others - Thats fine and fair enough, but would it really hurt to just back them all? Miss one game in line with their long list of protests coming from different angles?

No it wont budge Ashley, but it will draw a lot of attention and criticism which we all know he cant take at all. Thick skin he has not got at all, he cries and kicks out like a baby when he gets name called.

I grew up in Hartlepool through the 80's with a foreign name - That gives you thick skin.

I am consistently playing the childish nuisance game of filling up online shopping bags with 10's of thousands worth of gear and leaving iut open all day, most days during the week - I like to think there are many others doing the same, perhaps I am wrong.

Also, a formal request for SD to collate all personal info on me and report back to me as per GDPR legislation - Again, its childish, but if they are getting thousands of NUFC fans requesting this shit its an admin nightmare for them and the fat knacker will know about it.

I cant go down to Shirebrook, but I would if I could have done.

Missing the Wolves game is fucking easy.
5th November 2018 10:11 AM
Tight_Ass_Bramble Offline

Chairman

Shush you, you foreign sounding monkey hanger
5th November 2018 10:28 AM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Only a couple of thousand tickets left apparently, it's not happening.

Congrats LL.
20th November 2018 12:33 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

(5th November 2018 10:28 AM)Tight_Ass_Bramble Wrote:  Shush you, you foreign sounding monkey hanger

Big Grin

Just seen this - I shall indeed shhhhhhh.

Gutted that the Wolves tickets are being snapped up, what a crock.

The MagPie group are being interviewed on the TF Weekly podcast this week - Worth a download for anyone that gives a toss.

The interviewer has stated although he is in support of them, he will be posing the negative questions to them to give them a chance to justify their decisions / answer critics.
20th November 2018 12:41 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

(20th November 2018 12:33 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote:  Only a couple of thousand tickets left apparently, it's not happening.

Congrats LL.

Strange post that, although you and your pal Mac are like a double act whenever I am concerned.

Not sure why, other than I don’t happen to agree with you both.

I couldn’t give a rats arse whether people go or not, each to their own, just it would appear there are plenty of people who still prefer to support the team and enjoy their match day.

Boycotts have taken place in the past and achieved very little, if anything.

You and Mac seem to believe you are the ones in the right, because your course of action is the correct one.

I’ve said many times, we have no real influence over whether Ashley sells or not.

He clearly hasn’t had anyone come close to what he considers an acceptable deal for the club.

Staveley was miles off what he wanted and how he wanted it structured by all known accounts, with several unsuitable clauses making the deal unacceptable to him.

This ‘protest’ is looking less and less likely and now The Magpie Group have lost all credibility they had by stooping to the same tactics as Ashley and blatantly lying about the reasons the visit to Shirebrook was called off.

That is not going to endear people to them.

I don’t claim to speak for all Toon fans as some above have suggested, fuck me that would be arrogantly incorrect.

I speak as I find and certainly amongst the match going support, of which I have spoken to many, as you do when having a bit of craic at games, about this club we all love, the appetite for protest amongst the ones I have spoken to has been virtually none existent.
20th November 2018 07:48 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

I have lost faith with our fan base as a whole to be honest.

Too many home fans sit in silence, even with Ashley at the fucking game.

Too many away fans are more interested in singing about drinking beer or sniffing gear, than singing songs about NUFC.

I know the reason like, most of the hardcore fans stopped going a while back.

We can't organise a protest like the scousers, even Charlton fans do a better protest than us.

It's fucking sad, but true.
(This post was last modified: 21st November 2018 12:57 AM by ToonArmy1892.)
21st November 2018 12:50 AM
davenufc Offline

Reserve Team

(21st November 2018 12:50 AM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote:  I have lost faith with our fan base as a whole to be honest.

Too many home fans sit in silence, even with Ashley at the fucking game.

Too many away fans are more interested in singing about drinking beer or sniffing gear, than singing songs about NUFC.

I know the reason like, most of the hardcore fans stopped going a while back.

We can't organise a protest like the scousers, even Charlton fans do a better protest than us.

It's fucking sad, but true.

Spot on mate, can't think of many other clubs Ashley would have survived, he knows he can do what he wants to is and it will just be accepted.
(This post was last modified: 21st November 2018 09:50 AM by davenufc.)
21st November 2018 09:49 AM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

(20th November 2018 07:48 PM)LeazesLoyal Wrote:  
(20th November 2018 12:33 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote:  Only a couple of thousand tickets left apparently, it's not happening.

Congrats LL.
Boycotts have taken place in the past and achieved very little, if anything.

After the Spurs boycott we were the 4th highest spenders in Europe, Ashley shit himself.
(This post was last modified: 21st November 2018 12:51 PM by ToonArmy1892.)
21st November 2018 12:48 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

and that was after about 3 thousand tootled out

but absolutely no point in debating it with him TA - his crystal ball tells him all he wants to know

(This post was last modified: 21st November 2018 01:40 PM by McCreery.)
21st November 2018 01:04 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

And we ended up where after that.........??
21st November 2018 09:01 PM