Poll: Boycott?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Organised boycott of a game

LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter
RE: Organised boycott of a game

Tricky as I only know the lads I know, most of which have been going for donkey’s, some longer than me and all cracking lads who love the Toon.

Some of the tourist type fans we see these days are weird, but then again doubt you’d seen any at an away game on a cold Wednesday or a warm Saturday for that matter.

Football grounds have changed so much as well. Terracing going didn’t help for atmosphere, but did provide a safer environment for a bloke to take his young kids and dare I say it... even his Mrs to the match.

You wouldn’t do that in the late 80’s that’s for sure.

Every single club in England has seen increases in attendance since the bad old days, which has definitely brought in a new type of fan.

Gone are some things that made football a unique experience, in their place corporate boxes, seats, £5 beers and £5 hotdogs, yes you are right it is a different crowd these days, but that’s not just for NUFC, that’s all clubs.

If you want old school go and follow a non-league club around, where you can stand, drink bovril, piss in a trough and probably change ends at half time.

The old fans are still there, you just may have to look harder to find them.

We can hardly blame Ashley for football being all about money though.
3rd December 2018 07:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

And another satisfied customer.
3rd December 2018 07:17 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

If I can be blunt LL....

The thing that really pisses me off about your stance in particular is that for years now you have been calling for leaders - you have openly invited protest and boycotts - now when the opportunity is here you are defiantly opposed to such action.

To the point where you've become almost arrogant and condescending towards those who are willing to try something

Why have you shouted for change and then turn your nose up at every opportunity?
3rd December 2018 07:28 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

(3rd December 2018 07:28 PM)McCreery Wrote:  If I can be blunt LL....

The thing that really pisses me off about your stance in particular is that for years now you have been calling for leaders - you have openly invited protest and boycotts - now when the opportunity is here you are defiantly opposed to such action.

To the point where you've become almost arrogant and condescending towards those who are willing to try something

Why have you shouted for change and then turn your nose up at every opportunity?

Haven’t seen any leaders with a credible plan so far.
3rd December 2018 09:24 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

You've called for boycotts - there's one coming up on Sunday

Will you be participating?
3rd December 2018 10:27 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(3rd December 2018 06:53 PM)LeazesLoyal Wrote:  So, you have confirmed what I thought, a spoilt sky fan who will only support their team if they have a chance of winning something, otherwise they can fuck off.

Not a true fan then, you have no right to slag off people who choose to support their team.

how, hang on you patronising fucking dickhead......WHERE exactly have i confirmed i am a "spoilt sky fan"?

You don't know me so please don't judge me.....turning up at every match for 40 years in the knowledge that you are being totally fucking ripped off is not being a "true fan", it's being a complete fucking moron, please dont ever think that just because you were thick enough to attend a midweek match in pissy rain and lose 0-5 to fucking wrexham or some cunt makes you a better toon fan than me,......just remember there is a fine line between loyalty and stupidity.
3rd December 2018 11:27 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

Ah the abusive rant.

So a nerve struck there then.

I don’t know you correct.

However, your answers give the game away and you have confirmed that you only attend if we have a chance of winning something and we are not mediocre.

You also failed to answer the question about when you started following the Toon regularly, if you have at all.

Not being patronising at all, just if you had followed the Toon, like I have and many of the current support, you seem to revel in slagging off, you’ll realise we are not dickheads or part of the problem or any of this bullshit.

We are simply loyal fans who have been through all the ups and downs involved in supporting NUFC.

You however, on the face of it, based on your answers have clearly not.
4th December 2018 03:17 PM
davenufc Offline

Reserve Team

You failed to answer macs post
4th December 2018 04:54 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(4th December 2018 03:17 PM)LeazesLoyal Wrote:  Ah the abusive rant.

So a nerve struck there then.

I don’t know you correct.

However, your answers give the game away and you have confirmed that you only attend if we have a chance of winning something and we are not mediocre.

You also failed to answer the question about when you started following the Toon regularly, if you have at all.

Not being patronising at all, just if you had followed the Toon, like I have and many of the current support, you seem to revel in slagging off, you’ll realise we are not dickheads or part of the problem or any of this bullshit.

We are simply loyal fans who have been through all the ups and downs involved in supporting NUFC.

You however, on the face of it, based on your answers have clearly not.

you do patronise, others have said it....and you will always strike a nerve in people when you accuse them of being something they're not, and i am NOT a sky fan, you always use that as a kind of, "i've been going to the match for 20 years longer than you.....therefore i am right" statement.

Let me explain what i mean by you accepting mediocrity:-

The years before ashley parked his tank at least with shep we tried to win something, so although many fans wanted him out too it was understandable why they wouldn't boycott simply because he was trying with two cup finals a semi final, champions league football...but with mike ashley it has been made perfectly clear by his regime that avoiding relegation every season is the target, and cup competitions are not a priority because a cup run could lead to injuries or fatigue to players which could result in relegation.....you agree with all that?

So with that in mind, does that not tell you something about the sheep who are still prepared to turn up every home game knowing that message has been spelt out for 11 years now.??
4th December 2018 05:40 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

You are like a politician man, answer the question, then we can have some context to this debate.

When did you start regularly attending games, following NUFC?

It’s not a trick question.
4th December 2018 08:38 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

oooh look reports of at least three credible buyers - and I was led to believe there weren't any

Will you be boycotting now LL - now you know there are buyers out there?

Of course you wont - you'll give us a long, emotional history lesson on how your inaction over the past 11 years has got us to the point where Ashley might finally sell

You big old hero
5th December 2018 08:20 AM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

Let’s not get too excited yet, we went through all this last year, with the supposed deal with Staveley virtually done according to some reports.

Credible bidders? Let’s hope so.

As for boycotting, that’s a personal choice I’ve already stated on here I have wrangled with and came to the conclusion, it won’t achieve anything.

What will is cash and if the reports today are to believed we have 3 or 4 bids over £300 million.

How the press know that is true is anyone’s guess.

Let’s hope it’s not Ashley’s annual trick of feeding duff information via his media lackies.

If it’s true and the money being talked about has no strings attached, then perhaps we’ll finally get rid of him.

Cautiously optimistic at the minute.

Ho’way the lads!
(This post was last modified: 5th December 2018 08:27 AM by LeazesLoyal.)
5th December 2018 08:26 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

aye, we went through all this last year when Ashley pulled the plug on a buyer he thought credible enough at the time to be photographed in a restaurant with

I seem to remember that a couple of her bids were over the 300mil being bandied about now

Wouldn't it be great if the fans gave him that last little shove to make him realise that his piss taking days were over?

What will happen though is that the proposed boycott will be watered down now that the fans think (once again) that a deal is in the offing

Imagine if Ashley had a PR Guru that could come up with stories at opportune times to make life just a little bit easier for his client - *imagines*

(This post was last modified: 5th December 2018 09:41 AM by McCreery.)
5th December 2018 08:35 AM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

At least we agree this could be all bullshit.

I didn’t like his grinning like a Cheshire Cat interview - he seemed to be full of shit.

I’m concentrating on tonight’s match and nothing else.

Very tough game at a ground we have struggled at.
5th December 2018 08:38 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

That's the way champ....that'll do it
5th December 2018 08:46 AM