Protest

Protest

liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter
RE: Protest

(22nd November 2018 07:54 PM)LeazesLoyal Wrote:  
(22nd November 2018 07:31 PM)liam1708 Wrote:  You really sound like you're not bothered....31 lines of not being bothered.

I’m impressed you can count that far.

Aww shucks.
22nd November 2018 08:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

(22nd November 2018 07:54 PM)LeazesLoyal Wrote:  
(22nd November 2018 07:31 PM)liam1708 Wrote:  You really sound like you're not bothered....31 lines of not being bothered.

I’m impressed you can count that far.

And you wonder why you get a bad rap on here Big Grin
23rd November 2018 12:36 AM
Tight_Ass_Bramble Offline

Chairman

(22nd November 2018 06:57 PM)LeazesLoyal Wrote:  Yawn and repeat.

It’s funny how some of you go on.

A handful of people on a barely read message board have all concluded they are right, because one or two people disagree with their views.

Some crazy accusations up there as well.

So now I’m belittling people am I ? Could of swore I said I applaud them, have another read.

I’m merely pointing out to you that there aren’t enough people willing to back a protest and as for putting pressure on Ashley, that’s also your assumption that he is bothered, which he clearly is not.

Also, talking about plenty of buyers being out there, really?

Sorry, you are misguided, if there were we’d have been sold long ago.

We are in the North East, which we all know gets overlooked on many things, including by football club buyers.

Evidence supports this. Ashley has said he wants to sell more than once and the club has been officially up for sale for a number of years.

What have we had in terms of interest? Yep next to fuck all, a bird who claims to have wealthy backers, yet when the crunch came, she was trying to get the club on the cheap and with lots of clauses.

So, this board has decided to, as usual descend into personal attacks, brilliant.

Like I give a fuck.

As for POW analogies fucking he’ll grow up man.

In a life or death situation I’d definitely have a different take on things and no I wouldn’t be sat in the corner waiting to be rescued, how presumptuous of you.

Silly arguments and views up there from some of you, bizarre in fact.

I live in the real world, you continue your fantasy and enjoy the TV coverage on Monday, I’ll be there following the team I love, shouting the lads on.

Oh.....that must mean I’m backing Ashley......fuck off, be delighted when he finally fucks off, but I doubt me missing the match will speed that up.

Some of you have put yourselves in self exile and that just shows to me that actually when the chips are down, clearly you are the type who would walk away and desert your troops.

You’re wasting your time with personal digs, water off a ducks back and actually quite sad.

That's a very strange post, that one.

Let's not forget, LL, that you are the one who started this thread with your passive-aggressive 'most sensible people know that' statement.

I don't think I've resorted to personal insults, more expressing an interest into why you think the way you do. If you think I've been giving you 'personal digs' then you've misconstrued the premise of my posts.

Also, I'm slightly puzzled as to why you would say 'POW analogies fucking hell grow up man' and then a few lines later state 'clearly you are the type who would walk away and desert your troops'
23rd November 2018 10:17 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Protest

It's a typical LL post in as much as it is all over the fucking place

A couple of direct questions to you LL and I would very much appreciate direct answers to them (without your usual emotional, historical rhetoric)....

Given the fact there are full houses most weeks, given the fact the TV revenue is continually increasing, given the fact that he gets free worldwide advertising on a regular basis for Sports Direct, given the fact that relegation and promotion has become 100% acceptable with the fan base.......

Tell me why he would want to sell?

Do you not think that the mention of the sale of the club always comes about on the back of fan unrest?

You've agreed that our best period in recent history came on the back of fan unrest (supporters for change) and reduced crowds - why do you believe that protest and boycotts just aren't an option now?

And last but most importantly - do you believe your cock would drop off if you missed a home game, live on the telly, in the merest hope that it might bring some positive change to the running of the club??

(This post was last modified: 23rd November 2018 01:30 PM by McCreery.)
23rd November 2018 10:50 AM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

(23rd November 2018 10:17 AM)Tight_Ass_Bramble Wrote:  
(22nd November 2018 06:57 PM)LeazesLoyal Wrote:  Yawn and repeat.

It’s funny how some of you go on.

A handful of people on a barely read message board have all concluded they are right, because one or two people disagree with their views.

Some crazy accusations up there as well.

So now I’m belittling people am I ? Could of swore I said I applaud them, have another read.

I’m merely pointing out to you that there aren’t enough people willing to back a protest and as for putting pressure on Ashley, that’s also your assumption that he is bothered, which he clearly is not.

Also, talking about plenty of buyers being out there, really?

Sorry, you are misguided, if there were we’d have been sold long ago.

We are in the North East, which we all know gets overlooked on many things, including by football club buyers.

Evidence supports this. Ashley has said he wants to sell more than once and the club has been officially up for sale for a number of years.

What have we had in terms of interest? Yep next to fuck all, a bird who claims to have wealthy backers, yet when the crunch came, she was trying to get the club on the cheap and with lots of clauses.

So, this board has decided to, as usual descend into personal attacks, brilliant.

Like I give a fuck.

As for POW analogies fucking he’ll grow up man.

In a life or death situation I’d definitely have a different take on things and no I wouldn’t be sat in the corner waiting to be rescued, how presumptuous of you.

Silly arguments and views up there from some of you, bizarre in fact.

I live in the real world, you continue your fantasy and enjoy the TV coverage on Monday, I’ll be there following the team I love, shouting the lads on.

Oh.....that must mean I’m backing Ashley......fuck off, be delighted when he finally fucks off, but I doubt me missing the match will speed that up.

Some of you have put yourselves in self exile and that just shows to me that actually when the chips are down, clearly you are the type who would walk away and desert your troops.

You’re wasting your time with personal digs, water off a ducks back and actually quite sad.

That's a very strange post, that one.

Let's not forget, LL, that you are the one who started this thread with your passive-aggressive 'most sensible people know that' statement.

I don't think I've resorted to personal insults, more expressing an interest into why you think the way you do. If you think I've been giving you 'personal digs' then you've misconstrued the premise of my posts.

Also, I'm slightly puzzled as to why you would say 'POW analogies fucking hell grow up man' and then a few lines later state 'clearly you are the type who would walk away and desert your troops'

TAB the last line was just putting into the context you had started.

As for passive aggressive what a modern turn of phrase that is, sorry snowflake if it came across as aggressive, it certainly wasn’t meant to.

(23rd November 2018 10:50 AM)McCreery Wrote:  It's a typical LL post in as much as it is all over the fucking place

A couple of direct questions to you LL and I would very much appreciate direct answers to them (without your usual emotional, historical rhetoric)....

Given the fact there are full houses most weeks, given the fact the TV revenue is continually increasing, given the fact that he gets free worldwide advertising on a regular basis for Sports Direct, given the fact that relegation and promotion has become 100% acceptable with the fan base.......

Tell me why he would want to sell?

Do you not think that the mention of the sale of the club always comes about on the back of fan unrest?

You've agreed that our best period in recent history came on the back of fan unrest (supporters for change) and reduced crowds - why do you believe that protest and boycotts just aren't an option now?

And last but most importantly - do you believe your cock would drop off if you missed a home game, live on the telly, in the merest hope that it might bring some positive change to the running of the club??

Mac, I think you continue to misinterpret me.

Let me try and be clear for you.

I want Ashley gone as much as the next Toon fan.

Do I think we can affect that change? Broadly speaking, No.

Would my cock drop off if I didn’t go to a game, I’d hope not or I may have a serious problem.

You refer to fans pressure from supporters for change - I won’t give you a history lesson, but they did not in any way affect that change.

I know, as I know personally some of the original Magpie Group, who actually affected that change & it was money and very sharp and tough negotiating with shareholders that affected that change.

Let me ask you this, Ashley knows he is unpopular and has been for a long time both at SD and NUFC.

What is he doing about it?

Trying to take SD private again and putting a huge, don’t waste my fucking time price tag on NUFC.

So, so you honestly think a boycott will get rid of him? I suspect not myself.

I am not against the people who wish to take that action though, as long as they are not going to try and force people to copy them, it should be free choice if you believe it will help.

Look at the unrest shortly after he got rid of KK.

The bloke just thought fuck it, I’ll stay away, didn’t force him to sell though.
(This post was last modified: 23rd November 2018 02:13 PM by LeazesLoyal.)
23rd November 2018 02:02 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

(23rd November 2018 02:02 PM)LeazesLoyal Wrote:  Mac, I think you continue to misinterpret me.

Let me try and be clear for you. - I wish you would cos the majority of this reply goes nowhere near answering the questions I asked

I want Ashley gone as much as the next Toon fan.

Do I think we can affect that change? Broadly speaking, No. - Why?

Would my cock drop off if I didn’t go to a game, I’d hope not or I may have a serious problem.

You refer to fans pressure from supporters for change - I won’t give you a history lesson, but they did not in any way affect that change.

I know, as I know personally some of the original Magpie Group, who actually affected that change & it was money and very sharp and tough negotiating with shareholders that affected that change. Would the original Magpie Group have had an interest in intervening if there were full houses in the top division each season and would the sale price have stayed the same?

Let me ask you this, Ashley knows he is unpopular and has been for a long time both at SD and NUFC.

What is he doing about it? - Why would he do anything about being unpopular?

Trying to take SD private again and putting a huge, don’t waste my fucking time price tag on NUFC.

So, so you honestly think a boycott will get rid of him? I suspect not myself.

I am not against the people who wish to take that action though, as long as they are not going to try and force people to copy them, it should be free choice if you believe it will help.

Look at the unrest shortly after he got rid of KK.

The bloke just thought fuck it, I’ll stay away, didn’t force him to sell though. There was next to no unrest after Keegan - certainly not on a sustained basis
(This post was last modified: 23rd November 2018 02:34 PM by McCreery.)
23rd November 2018 02:32 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

There was unrest unless my memory is hazy, but Ashley even said some bollocks along the lines of his family didn’t feel safe so he stopped going.

I can’t answer hypothetical queries you have asked, as that would be all guess work.
23rd November 2018 02:49 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Protest

Ok...

The Hull game after Keegan - a full house with minimal unrest - (as sad as it sounds I had to walk out at half time, nearly in fuckin tears with anger and frustration at the shear lack of real response to Keegans treatment) I've seen Bobby Robson being treated far worse at St James' than Ashley ever has - The result - Ashley spat his dummy and stopped going to the matches - other than that no real reaction from him, or the fans. He has continually took the piss pretty much ever since

The Spurs 'boycott' - not brilliant but certainly better than anything that had gone before when 5,000ish didn't turn up or walked out. The Result - a significant spend in the next window

Although these two examples might not offer definitive proof that fan action can lead to change, I would love for you to show me proof that sitting doing fuck all will get the desired results

(This post was last modified: 23rd November 2018 04:47 PM by McCreery.)
23rd November 2018 02:59 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

I don’t claim to have the answer, other than to say I believe in fan ownership in some shape or form with board representation, we’ll never get this with this guy.

We have had walk outs v Spurs and Cardiff, he still hasn’t sold.

St James’ is very easy to get a ticket for home games at the minute and I don’t think a single game has sold out yet, he’s still here.

If a boycott happens and it’s a big if & rather like your question it is hypothetical I would venture to say he’ll still be here.

You say fans going are doing nowt, but I reckon club shop sales will be well down, looks dead every time I ever walk past, so I would imagine discretionary spends are well down.

Season ticket sales are most likely down a bit as well.

We can’t prove one way or another whether a mass boycott would force a sale. You reckon it could well and I reckon unlikely.

What will result in a sale is a bid of around £350 million with no strings attached, of that I’m fairly sure.

It’s each to their own, but what I object to is loyal fans being slagged by people who have stopped going ages ago and claim to be on some morale high ground and their way is the
right and only way.

I’d rather stick by my team and ride out this fucker’s tenure and hope for something new and better from a new regime.

Patience is a virtue and not everyone has it.
23rd November 2018 08:24 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular
Protest

I reckon the wrong people are boycotting. They're the angry bastards that would direct vitriol at the directors' box. So the ones left at the match are the ones who support the team. If more angry bastards attended and created a hostile environment then maybe he'd scarper.

Just to chuck in another perspective to confuse matters more.
23rd November 2018 08:31 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

That’s fair comment that like Lip.
23rd November 2018 08:39 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

Mac - Just thinking about your notion that boycotting would work.

We had 10,000 fans disappear during Ashley’s tenure for virtually an entire season and yet he didn’t sell.....
23rd November 2018 10:30 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

You claim to want Ashley out, but aren't prepared to do anything about TRYING to get him out, and infact fund him by still going.

Don't you see how backwards that is?

And don't bring being a 'loyal toon fan' into it, if you cared as much as you claim to you'd be doing something about it, you clearly don't give that much of a fuck, hence you looking down on people attempting to do something.

You are exactly the type of fan that is going to keep Ashley here far longer than he should be, whether you like it or not.
(This post was last modified: 24th November 2018 02:22 AM by ToonArmy1892.)
24th November 2018 02:14 AM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

Not looking down on anyone, again another one of your assumptive bullshit statements.

So, it’s all the loyal fans fault, that’s what you’re saying?

As suspected you blame the fans, terrible from someone who doesn’t bother going that often.

So, you’re trying to get rid of Ashley then?

So, I assume you are canvassing the world’s billionaires and pitching to them?

If we do ever get taken over and things turn around, I bet you’ll be one of these fans with their replica shirt on, telling everyone who’ll listen how you’ve followed the Toon through thick and thin.

Get over yourself man and get off your high horse.

Don’t tell me you’re doing something, because you’re not, that’s all in your head.

Your staying away is not on Ashley’s radar.

If the club turns around it’ll be all the sweeter for those who have stuck by the club, just like when SJH took over and KK was appointed.

Those long trips following the shit we had been served up before then, where around 40 went to Plymouth away, were worth it in the end, our time had come.

What we have now is not perfect, but it’s light years away from being really genuinely terribly bad.

You’ll be too young I’m guessing to remember a genuinely shit, decaying, falling to bits NUFC.

Oh bless we’re not challenging for Europe or the title anymore, tough, football has its ups and downs, that’s part of the deal, when you commit to following your club.

You won’t like it all the time, you won’t like the owner or manager or some of the players, that’s just something you need to realise.

So, rather than blame loyal fans and sneer at them and look down at them from your high horse, take a look at yourself, because your attitude is despicable.
24th November 2018 09:39 AM
davenufc Offline

Reserve Team

Buyers are there, the seller isn't, it's that simple. With a loyal Ashley fan base why would he sell, I wouldn't.
24th November 2018 10:32 AM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

Buyers are not there that’s the problem.

Delusion.
24th November 2018 10:55 AM
Tight_Ass_Bramble Offline

Chairman

(24th November 2018 09:39 AM)LeazesLoyal Wrote:  Get over yourself man and get off your high horse.

(24th November 2018 09:39 AM)LeazesLoyal Wrote:  So, rather than blame loyal fans and sneer at them and look down at them from your high horse, take a look at yourself, because your attitude is despicable.

This is hypocrisy in action.

LL, you seem to lack self-insight to such a degree that you're borderline delusional. The projective nature of some of the utter nonsense you've typed in this thread is amazing.

I'll give you this though, you're a dream case-study.
24th November 2018 10:56 AM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Protest

https://twitter.com/PEFIORENTINA/status/...4304155648

Tell them it's a waste of time....

Italian football is a shining example of how to protest. Ashley wouldn't have lasted a week past Keegan's resignation if he owned Roma / Lazio.
(This post was last modified: 24th November 2018 11:15 AM by Jinkyjim.)
24th November 2018 11:12 AM
davenufc Offline

Reserve Team

(24th November 2018 10:55 AM)LeazesLoyal Wrote:  Buyers are not there that’s the problem.

Delusion.

Buyers are there, staveley bid 3 times, he wouldn't even talk to her. There have been others he just refuses to talk to. Your totally delusional inside your " I love Ashley" bubble. You deserve Ashley.
24th November 2018 11:37 AM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

More nonsense, keep it up.

Where do a I love Ashley - that’s the crazy attitude of some, if you follow your team, you therefore love the owner, bizarre logic.

Reality check for you.

Staveley was a tire kicker and nothing more.

She tried to be opportunistic and get the club on the cheap, never bidding anywhere near the required amount and caveats to ensure it would never tempt Ashley.

He is a shrewd businessman and no mug, yet she treat him like one.

Bid the money, stop dicking around with clauses and he’ll sell.

The reality is no one has come close and your argument there are loads of buyers is bollocks.

We had Staveley and no one else and she proved to be full of shit and didn’t have the cash.
(This post was last modified: 24th November 2018 11:55 AM by LeazesLoyal.)
24th November 2018 11:53 AM
davenufc Offline

Reserve Team

They were initial offers one of which is what he's asking for now. He wouldn't even respond, and there have been others who have been told it's not for sale.

Why would you fund someone you don't like? Your not supporting the team, your killing the club by funding your hero.
24th November 2018 01:02 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

You are of course mis-informed, she never got close to bidding what he wants.

Also funding someone I don’t like?

Grow up man.

Not killing the club at all, don’t be so melodramatic.

The club has been in far, far, far worse positions than it currently is.

Killing the club were the successive clowns who ran it into the ground, before SJH brought his vision to the club.

Bottom line is, there has been no credible bid, at the moment there appears to be no buyers, unless work is going on behind the scenes we don’t know about and the owner does want to sell - but only at the right price.

Fuck me, you can’t have been around in the late 80’s or early 90’s when it was the worst this club has ever been, because if you were, you wouldn’t be coming out with such shit about killing the club.

Despite Ashley, the club is stable financially, has an ok squad, not brilliant but much better than the likes of Billy Askew, Lee Makel, Darren Bradshaw and the likes.

The club is not on its knees, with a falling to bits stadium, hurtling towards the old 3rd division and losing to virtually everyone we played.

Yes we want rid of Ashley, but the club is not dying as it once was.

Don’t tell me how to support my club, you wouldn’t know the meaning of being a genuine football fan - you come across as a Sky era, modern day snowflake, who hasn’t got the stomach for really supporting your club through thick and thin.

If you’re not spending hundreds of millions and lifting trophies every year, you don’t want to know, you’d fit right in with them moaning Manure fans, twisting at Mourinho, who has still never the less won them trophies, including a European one.

If we go down so be it, we obviously don’t want to, but if we are not good enough that’s just life.

Get behind the lads, do all you can to help cheer them on to gather points, because in reality that is the only influence us fans can have on the club.

Try and give the players that little extra boost they may need.

I still go back to the awesome support we had when we lost 4-1 at the Baseball Ground.

Down to 9 men and 2 down, the fans got right behind the team and we scored.

We then looked likely to equalise, so the twat of a ref, Coddington sent another player off.

Fans were in one with the players that day and but for the ref, it could have been so different.

That’s supporting your club.

It’s easy to turn up when you’ve won virtually every home game and you’re top of the league or for a CL game at home to Barca.

Try travelling away when you know you’re likely to get hammered and back the lads regardless.

Some think the only issue at NUFC is Ashley, it’s fucking not, we desperately need points at the minute and to resolve the Ashley situation a genuine cash buyer, not a google eyed tire kicker.
(This post was last modified: 24th November 2018 01:32 PM by LeazesLoyal.)
24th November 2018 01:29 PM
davenufc Offline

Reserve Team

Best you can do is call me a sky era fan? Sums up your attitude that, no one as good as you, and no one else has been there apart from you just because we protest against your Ashley, what a fucking prick
24th November 2018 04:03 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular
Protest

Are you calling him a prick or are you admiring his prick? It's a bit ambiguous.
24th November 2018 04:10 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Protest

His prick is right and left handed???
24th November 2018 04:22 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

(24th November 2018 04:03 PM)davenufc Wrote:  Best you can do is call me a sky era fan? Sums up your attitude that, no one as good as you, and no one else has been there apart from you just because we protest against your Ashley, what a fucking prick

Wow, that struck a nerve....so either correct or worse still you’ve actually been going since before ‘92 and actually believe now is worse.

Either way you have no right to criticise me and the many other fans who’ve been through the mill and still support the team.

Again you make stupid comments, like ‘your Ashley’

He’s fuck all to do with me the FCB.
24th November 2018 04:27 PM
davenufc Offline

Reserve Team

I have every right to criticise anyone I want to, and it is your Ashley as you support him.

Not saying now is better or worse but it's not an excuse to accept him, I chose not to.
24th November 2018 06:22 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

Yeah you tell yourself what you want.

I don’t support Ashley, I support NUFC.

Clearly you don’t.

Enjoy the TV coverage snowflake.
24th November 2018 06:30 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline